This guy is toast

2»

Comments

• HildaCornersHildaCorners Winter? You call *that* winter?Gold Women Posts: 3,377
    We've had our share of perversions crop up, and some in fairly horrible ways. [Any old timers remember the demise of x123x or whatever his name was?] A site like this will draw them in, if only so they can get the additional "thrill" of pulling a fast one on us poor, innocent, vanilla monogamists. <heavy sarcasm>

Enneagram 5w4.  I'm researching what that means, before designing t-shirt art about it.

"I feel no shame in making lavish use of the strongest muscles, namely male ones (but my own strongest muscle is dedicated to the service of men - noblesse oblige). I don't begrudge men one whit of their natural advantages as long as they respect mine. I am not an unhappy pseudomale; I am female and like it that way." RAH
    [Deleted User]BlackwulfJohn3
  • Husband3point0Husband3point0 Gold Men Posts: 3,294
    This easily could have been written by my dad.

It's all a matter of perspective. The weirder your existence, the more that 'strange' begins to look 'normal'. 
    [Deleted User]
  • seriouslyseriously The mittenSilver Member Posts: 1,134
  • themacnutthemacnut Philadelphia, PASilver Member Posts: 404
    I remember overhearing a group of younger women (early to mid-20s it looked like) talking about open marriage awhile back. According to one of them, might as well have the screwing around out in the open rather than one or both spouses sneaking around. People are gonna go outside the marriage anyway, no-one's really faithful these days, she said, so might as well be up-front about it.

At that point I could not stay silent any more. I turned around and said, if monogamy and fidelity can no longer be expected from marriage, why marry in the first place? The massive verbal hamsterbation I got in reply from her and her friends was enough to make me smile.

Husband of over a decade, stepfather of 3, creator of the superhero webcomic The Vanguard.
  • MiddleManMiddleMan Chicago BurbsSilver Member Posts: 1,898
    Boy, do I need to avoid reading Chateau Heartiste today. 
    Angeline
  • RebornReborn LondonGold Men Posts: 2,987
    Angeline said:
    MiddleMan said:
    100% excellent idea. Bitter, bitter crap there.
    Particularly the comments section. 

To me, the comments section shows who it's really written for. 
    Enneagram type 5 w6. 
    If I offer lots of advice, it's probably really me giving advice to myself. That always seems to happen. 
    Katt
  • seriouslyseriously The mittenSilver Member Posts: 1,134
    Angeline said:
    MiddleMan said:
    100% excellent idea. Bitter, bitter crap there.
    And for me, its a good compass to make sure I'm not drifting into asshole alpha.  (It can happen.)  I never read the comments.  Most of the time, just the "article" titles.  I bet I only read about 10% of what's actually posted. 
  • alcockellalcockell Reading, UKSilver Member Posts: 529
    Tennee said:

What makes me scratch my head is, at my most passive, beta-ist wuss (when I wasn't being Godzilla asshole aggressive in the whole P/A 1-2 combo I had going), under no circumstances would I tolerate this crap.  Um, No.  Bye.

But is it fair to say everyone who ever passed through MMSL could say the same? I remember a member who let his wife have an affair when he was going through ED or something. Ultimately I think he left because his marriage fell apart.
    Isn't that the narrative to Kenny Rogers' Ruby?

• EANxEANx Local GroupSilver Member Posts: 509
    "Ruby" is of a man who was paralyzed in combat and his wife starts running around on him. Big difference from someone who runs around on their spouse "just because".

I never countenance running around but look at the medical first then everything else afterward.