Hair is for pussies

AlexZAlexZ MoscowSilver Member Posts: 164
Study founds that man with shaved heads are perceived as stronger, more masculine, more dominant and even a bit higher. But a bit less attractive too.  

And man with a thinking hair were rated worst on everything. 

Link to full article: 
http://www.realmenrealstyle.com/shaved-head-men-dominant/

Captain in training

My triage  My MAP

RebuildingHusbandnot_again

Comments

• Pen_and_SwordPen_and_Sword USASilver Member Posts: 469
    Could we also try and not use "pussy" as a proxy for soft or weak? I gotta say, if my wife pounded by balls like I pound her pussy, I'd be in for quite a long hospital stay. 

Just sayin'...

This is funny!  - But it also might have a grain of truth to it.

Some men have wives who are already nervous enough about erotic talk without having a euphemism for their vagina be used as a bad thing.

I realized a while ago that we already have a good, old-school manly word for a dude who is soft, weak, and un-becomingly feminine: Sissy.

(Also, really interesting article!)
    "James Bond doesn't have bad days."  - Tennee
    "The goal is to turn women on, NOT sex. If you become good at turning women on, sex can be assumed." - Tanooki
    Triage: http://marriedmansexlife.vanillaforums.com/discussion/13564/so-this-is-me
    M.A.P. - http://marriedmansexlife.vanillaforums.com/discussion/13574/pen-and-swords-map
    JellyBeanAngela
  • Husband3point0Husband3point0 Gold Men Posts: 3,294
    Could we also try and not use "pussy" as a proxy for soft or weak? I gotta say, if my wife pounded by balls like I pound her pussy, I'd be in for quite a long hospital stay. 

Just sayin'...

This is funny!  - But it also might have a grain of truth to it.

Some men have wives who are already nervous enough about erotic talk without having a euphemism for their vagina be used as a bad thing.
    There's a lot of traps like this. And, not being aware of them is falling back into the blue pill soup from whence they came. I find it particularly ironic that some supposedly red pill sites in the Manosphere realm fall into this trap often, particularly with slut-shaming. 

Another example is using 'cocksucker' as a pejorative term for someone. Are guys here doing that in front of their wives and the complaining about a dearth of blowjobs? If my wife started calling people 'rug-muncher' in that way, she might be starved for oral.

Food for thought...
    HildaCornersJellyBeanPurpleHowlAtTheMoon
  • ZoroasterZoroaster Silver Member Posts: 735
    The article pretty well nailed it.

When you clear away all the frippery, a man with thinning hair has only two options: own it, or hide it. For me, getting rid of it was the only option on the table that had any real dignity to it. Comb-overs are lame, toupees are too high-maintenance, and the "treatments"... Yeah. So not doing any of those.

The difference was dramatic. He's right: there's an immediate difference in how you're treated on the street, and by women you meet. The decade or so prior, I was batting near-zero romantically. Six months later I met the woman I'd eventually marry. It was an instant pop in SR.

I guess the main point is ... Don't wait. If you're thinking upstairs, learn the Way of the Razor.

AngelineAlexZJellyBean
  • HildaCornersHildaCorners Winter? You call *that* winter?Gold Women Posts: 3,377

Another example is using 'cocksucker' as a pejorative term for someone. Are guys here doing that in front of their wives and the complaining about a dearth of blowjobs? If my wife started calling people 'rug-muncher' in that way, she might be starved for oral.

Food for thought...
    One of my 127 husbands used cock-sucker as an insult ... until one day he said it in my presence and I said "Thank you!"

He changed his vocabulary quick after that!

Enneagram 5w4.  I'm researching what that means, before designing t-shirt art about it.

"I feel no shame in making lavish use of the strongest muscles, namely male ones (but my own strongest muscle is dedicated to the service of men - noblesse oblige). I don't begrudge men one whit of their natural advantages as long as they respect mine. I am not an unhappy pseudomale; I am female and like it that way." RAH
  • AlexZAlexZ MoscowSilver Member Posts: 164
    I never meant to insult anyone. Three things coincide - I recently started to shave my head, study finds men with shaved head perceived as stronger and more dominant, and I never fully understood the idea of shaving everything clean down there. I probably should've add smile at the end, sorry if I offend anybody.

I fully agree with @Zoroaster. If you have any doubts - shave it. I did and I never looked back. It's not only better than thinning hair - it also, surprisingly, have some advantages over a "normal" head.

Shaved head is a nice haircut.

Captain in training

My triage  My MAP

ZoroasterAngelinePen_and_SwordHowlAtTheMoon
  • ZoroasterZoroaster Silver Member Posts: 735
    Can't be beat for low-maintenance.
  • stillasamountainstillasamountain CT, USASilver Member Posts: 521
    edited July 2015
    Zoroaster said:
    True 'dat!

Quick story. I was 28 and on vacation with extended family in Aruba. Brushing my hair as we got ready to go out to dinner (after spending the day in the equitorial sun) I couldn't figure out why the back of my scalp hurt so much. Then the little light bulb went on. "Hey, everyone! Am I going bald?" "Yep, didn't you know?" "Grrrr... no, because I rarely look at the back of my own head and because NOBODY TOLD ME!"

It went downhill fast from there. A couple years later, I decided it looked like shit. I could have handled a nice Picard style horseshoe but no, mine was thinning out in patches and it looked like I had mange. Lovely. Time to fish or cut bait.

Never shaved it completely but I do go to the barber once a month and get it buzzed down to a "1" which is pretty close to a boot camp cut. Wonder if there is a perceptual difference between a really short buzz and a fully shaven head?

Anyone want to weigh in on that?

“She was 3/4 perfection and 1/4 broken glass.”

• LHKLHK USASilver Member Posts: 319
    I think I've posted this somewhere else around here lately. But here goes, growing up I had thick very curly hair (think white guy afro). My dad and I constantly fought about how long it should be (not that it ever reached my collar because it went up and out not down). For a while in my late teens early twenties I kept it mostly military style (I spent some time in the Corps of Cadets at Texas A&M). After I got married, I kept it short-ish with a part on the side. Then it began to thin slowly which I ignored for a while. Late 30's I went back to a military style buzz cut and over time kept shortening the guards on the clippers until I was at a 1/2 on the top and a 0 on the sides. Eventually, I shaved completely and haven't gone back. I've kept it that way for 5 years or so now. I'd have started shaving it sooner, but I couldn't get a straight answer out of my wife about her feelings on the matter.

TLDR: The difference between a 1 on a buzz cut and shaved is minimal and will save you $20-30 a month if you're having a barber cut it now.

LHK
  • LadyOrTheTygerLadyOrTheTyger EarthSilver Member Posts: 892
    AlexZ said:
    Study founds that man with shaved heads are perceived as. . . . .  even a bit higher. 

As in stoned?  Higher what?  
    JellyBeanOtter
  • AngelineAngeline planting seedsCategory Moderator** Posts: 14,501
    Zoroaster said:
    True 'dat!

Quick story. I was 28 and on vacation with extended family in Aruba. Brushing my hair as we got ready to go out to dinner (after spending the day in the equitorial sun) I couldn't figure out why the back of my scalp hurt so much. Then the little light bulb went on. "Hey, everyone! Am I going bald?" "Yep, didn't you know?" "Grrrr... no, because I rarely look at the back of my own head and because NOBODY TOLD ME!"

It went downhill fast from there. A couple years later, I decided it looked like shit. I could have handled a nice Picard style horseshoe but no, mine was thinning out in patches and it looked like I had mange. Lovely. Time to fish or cut bait.

Never shaved it completely but I do go to the barber once a month and get it buzzed down to a "1" which is pretty close to a boot camp cut. Wonder if there is a perceptual difference between a really short buzz and a fully shaven head?

Anyone want to weigh in on that?

Cdr. Awesome gets his near shaved, 1 guard until recently, no guard. He does it to stay cool under his (required) hat, but he also enjoys the intimidating look it bestows. On him, because he's so dark from being in the sun, the hair is nearly invisible just after a cut. To me there's hardly any difference, but I like that clean cut, military look so it's all good.
    "Speak your truth." - Scarlet
    Remember to play!
    Do the right thing, whether anyone is watching or not.
    Be married, until you are not.

Email address: angeline.greenwood@att.net
  • never_againnever_again CanadaSilver Member Posts: 1,372
    Was told by a barber 30 years ago that the only way I'll go bald is by rubbing on the headboard.  For most of my life I had the boring side-part. Then about 10 years ago went to a brush-cut, 4 on top, 2 on the sides.

A year ago, I decided I was paying a hairdresser a lot of money for about 2 min. work.  I bought a pair of clippers and about once a month run them at 0, all over.  Paired with my goatee (also recent), it gives me a badassedness I've never had before (the weightlifting doesn't hurt, either).

Takes a bit of practice to get it just right without some touchups (a large hand mirror comes in handy), but those clippers paid for themselves the first time I used them.
    The man who gives his woman everything ends up with nothing. Not even the woman.
  • JellyBeanJellyBean Sunny SoCalGold Women Posts: 5,054
    My older son has amazing hair. It is very long -- nearly to his mid back, thick and healthy and luxurious. He is already fretting over the possibility of going bald one day. I wish I could offer him more than, "if it happens it happens, nothing you can do about it so no sense worrying." His bio dad has very thin, wispy hair with lots of scalp visibility, but the men on my side have lots of hair and little baldness. Too bad he doesn't have GE's hair DNA -- GE's hair is amazing, even with the T therapy. 
    Enneagram type 9w1
  • HildaCornersHildaCorners Winter? You call *that* winter?Gold Women Posts: 3,377
    I heard that baldness is passed through the female line — if your maternal grandfather went bald early, so will you.

Ensign Corners is a hair twin to Ensign JellyBean ... very long and very healthy. He's also short and thin. We laugh about him being mistaken for a girl ... the faint mustache and deepening voice aren't enough yet.

I let him enjoy his hair because if he follows my father, he'll be shaving his head in his mid 20s. :( Though maybe he'll take after my ex FIL, who has wonderful hair in his 80s.

Enneagram 5w4.  I'm researching what that means, before designing t-shirt art about it.

"I feel no shame in making lavish use of the strongest muscles, namely male ones (but my own strongest muscle is dedicated to the service of men - noblesse oblige). I don't begrudge men one whit of their natural advantages as long as they respect mine. I am not an unhappy pseudomale; I am female and like it that way." RAH
    I heard that baldness is passed through the female line — if your maternal grandfather went bald early, so will you.

Ensign Corners is a hair twin to Ensign JellyBean ... very long and very healthy. He's also short and thin. We laugh about him being mistaken for a girl ... the faint mustache and deepening voice aren't enough yet.

I let him enjoy his hair because if he follows my father, he'll be shaving his head in his mid 20s. :( Though maybe he'll take after my ex FIL, who has wonderful hair in his 80s.

I think that myth has been debunked. Certainly anecdotal evidence in my case goes contrary, my maternal grandfather had a great head of hair until he died in his 80s. My paternal grandfather on the other hand was mostly bald on top by the time he turned 30.

LHK
  • John3John3 SeattleSilver Member Posts: 1,396
    It's actually not a myth, it's just more complicated than that.  Hair loss is inherited from both maternal and paternal sides, plus some non-inherited factors as well. Wikipedia has a decent write up.  Plus there is still a lot that isn't fully known.
    The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep.
    HildaCornersMiddleMan
    It being inherited friends from a combination of genes from both sides=it not being inherited from the maternal side only="if your maternal grandfather has hair, you're good" being a myth. QED

LHK
    [Deleted User]MiddleManRPG46