My (Success) Story

Comments

• The_DudeThe_Dude Hollywood Star LanesGold Men Posts: 4,583
    edited August 2015
    @fredless, I had the same thing happen.  Mine was a little more complicated but essentially the same thing.  The words your wife said and wrote after the April incident are almost verbatim my wife's.  I spent a good 2 years ruminating over the exact question you have now.  I went farther than you and tried at least 10 times to get her to explain it to me, using every angle I could.  Painful messy stuff.  I never got more of an answer than you did.  And honestly, with time and hindsight, I don't think she had more of an answer than that.  She was curious and didn't realize the harm it would cause.
    I had more information than you to go on because I didn't see it until they exchanged a few emails.  There was absolutely nothing there that would indicate she had any intention of starting things up again.  She convinced herself it was innocent.
    This was also, like you, after our marriage had a complete overhaul and everything was rocking.  
    It ate me up for two years.  Try not to let it do that to you.  And really, she probably doesn't have more of an answer.
    [Deleted User]UlyssesBlueWolf
  • fredlessfredless Silver Member Posts: 2,842
    @The_Dude said:
    fredless, I had the same thing happen.  Mine was a little more complicated but essentially the same thing.  The words your wife said and wrote after the April incident are almost verbatim my wife's.  I spent a good 2 years ruminating over the exact question you have now.  I went farther than you and tried at least 10 times to get her to explain it to me, using every angle I could.  Painful messy stuff.  I never got more of an answer than you did.  And honestly, with time and hindsight, I don't think she had more of an answer than that.  She was curious and didn't realize the harm it would cause.
    I had more information than you to go on because I didn't see it until they exchanged a few emails.  There was absolutely nothing there that would indicate she had any intention of starting things up again.  She convinced herself it was innocent.
    This was also, like you, after our marriage had a complete overhaul and everything was rocking.  
    It ate me up for two years.  Try not to let it do that to you.  And really, she probably doesn't have more of an answer.
    Well, as you know, that anger tends to come and go of its own accord. 

Like you, I don't think my wife has more of an answer for why she accepted the friend request.  For the most part, I don't get the feeling that it was a conscious decision to get me to mate guard.  But again, my wife is quite smart.  In her heart of hearts, she had to know I was going to react in some way to the friend request.  So, on some level, something had to be percolating on a conscious level as well.
    The_DudeBlueWolf
  • CartB4HorseCartB4Horse Southwest USASilver Member Posts: 4,155
    Amazing story @fredless.  I walked in your shoes as I read, I felt the pain and sorrow.

Many of us come to MMSL after the affair, having completely fucked up the ending.  I haven't seen anyone else that faced that reality AFTER they MAPped.

Put back on course via a 'One Hour Call' with Athol.  Seriously worth 10 times the cost, but don't tell him that....

“Between stimulus and response, there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom.” - Victor Frankl 

@Capster said:
    I don't post much here. I know there are a lot of committed MMSLers to answer questions. I figure I have nothing more to add.

As a former wayward spouse (it's weird to type those words now - it seems like another lifetime), I can understand what goes through thewayward's mind.

I can tell you that, even though I have no desire for my ex affair partner, I admit that I search occasionally.  Why? Well it's not to fantasize about her or rekindle anything.  I suppose I am hoping to find evidence that she's moved away, remarried, or something like that. I could care less about her happiness, so it's not like I'm looking for evidence that she has a good life or anything. I think it would be nice if I didn't always have to worry about bumping into her in town.  Perhaps your wife was looking to find some closure on his end, even if she already had closure herself in her own mind.  Just a thought.  It still doesn't justify what she did - just maybe explains it a little.
    Thanks for this. 
  • CartB4HorseCartB4Horse Southwest USASilver Member Posts: 4,155
    I believe @fredless gave her closure....

It was also done in the best way possible.  The_Dude couldn't have set that Phase Four up any better.

What remains now is the clean up.  Resentment will rear its ugly head if it hasn't already.

Put back on course via a 'One Hour Call' with Athol.  Seriously worth 10 times the cost, but don't tell him that....

“Between stimulus and response, there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom.” - Victor Frankl 

• RedPillNeophyteRedPillNeophyte Silver Member Posts: 185
    Very intense story.  Thank you for sharing it.

A quick question....the friend that knew about the affair (the one your wife wrote to in Facebook), is that person still a part of your lives?  Did she try to prevent your wife from having the affair?
    Heidi_Wife
  • MiddleManMiddleMan Chicago BurbsSilver Member Posts: 1,898
    Thank you for sharing that, @fredless. Your journey is really amazing. 
    CrashaxeSmashmasterHeidi_Wife
  • ToBeTonyStarkToBeTonyStark OhioSilver Member Posts: 316
    @fredless thank you for the time you took to share your story. I so appreciate it. You are an inspiration!!!
    UnBetaMe
    I just wanted to thank everyone for the input and the kind words.

UnBetaMe
  • ddadddad Silver Member Posts: 791
    Thank you for sharing.   You said your oneitis was gone when you were mapping I think the moment that she re-friended really showed it.   A moment when you were really in your heart ready to end the relationship.  It is eyeopening when I think of how my wife was close to that point in our past.
  • redheaded_womanredheaded_woman USASilver Member Posts: 4,739
    I can't imagine what in the world made your wife tell you the guy was getting married!!

I'm just so surprised she would bring him up at all. That was a boneheaded move on her part.
    "Fuck yesterday, make tomorrow awesome." - Tennee
    JellyBean