FitBit

JekJek CaliforniaMember Posts: 1,520
I downloaded and start using the Fitbit app, about 4 weeks ago when I upgraded to an Iphone 6 Plus.  It is the best app that I ever downloaded.

Two weeks ago I bought a Fitbit Surge from craigslist for $150, they retail for $250 plus tax.

I am a man on fucking fire.

Stats for yesterday:
Calories eaten-1920
Calories burned-5759
Steps-15,999
Miles-7.21
Floors-51
Active minutes-504
Sleep-4 hrs 42min
Heart Rate-12 hours 34 minutes at Fat Burn level

There is an interactive search to add the foods that you eat.  You can also scan the bar code.

I recommend anyone check it out.  It is the ultimate in  accountability.  The time that I used to spend on the forum, is now consumed by stat pushing.

You can Add Friends by email address or Facebook, and compare real-time active steps for the current 7 days.

The time that I used to spend on the forum, is now consumed by stat pushing.

https://www.fitbit.com
PatienceShepardAngelineJohn3MrsJonfordsvt

Comments

• JekJek CaliforniaMember Posts: 1,520
    I am in construction.

i am sure that the stats are not 100% accurate, but if it has a slop of +/- 5%, i am cool with that.  i reached a 100K step week last cycle, was awsome
    WinterShepard
  • georgegeorge Silver Member Posts: 1,514
    I like mine too. No HR sensor but it's fun.  I'm sure accuracy can be off some. I rowed for 30 minutes once and burned 300 calories according to the erg and 50 according to the fitbit. But you can manually overwrite the data and select rowing to get better counts. Anyway, it's a good reminder to get moving!
  • PirouettePirouette Somewhere, USAGold Women Posts: 1,539
    Ms_Fit said:
    Over 100k steps for the week : )
    I noticed.  :s
    Winter
  • Mr_BrownMr_Brown east coastSilver Member Posts: 3,636
    Anyone use something else? Currently in the market but for some reason I'm allergic to the Fitbit bands.
    Been an uphill battle, both ways, in three feet of snow, with newspapers for shoes, but I'm a better man for it!
  • PhoenixDownPhoenixDown TejasGold Women Posts: 10,632
    Mr_Brown said:
    Anyone use something else? Currently in the market but for some reason I'm allergic to the Fitbit bands.
    I've heard that the Mio Fuse and the Jawbone Up3 are decent, if you're looking for one with a heart rate monitor. If not, the earlier Jawbones are a good option. I got my sister one for her birthday, she likes it. 

Mr_Brown
  • georgegeorge Silver Member Posts: 1,514
    Trying to get my son more fit. He was overweight and having trouble keeping up on a sports team be loves. He would borrow my fitbit. And my wife wanted one. So we got one more - to share. Tried to set it up for him first. The whole thing locked down because his age indicated that he is too young for a "tracking device".  Company policy.  Not sure why it's considered a tracking device since it doesn't have GPS (that I know about). And it's hardly as advanced as a regular cell phone that kids his age have. Anyway he's borrowed mine and its the perfect motivation to remind him to go outside and not watch too much TV.  It really helps!
    AngelineWinter