Tinder and the Dawn of the “Dating Apocalypse”

13»

Comments

• RebornReborn LondonGold Men Posts: 2,987
    The hard part about being honest is realizing that most of the people you engage with aren't on the same page. 

yeah, I am finding this thread slightly depressing, as someone wrestling with the online dating world.  

According to things like the above brown-paper video, I ought to be winning, as a man who is in good physical shape, in my 50s, not obsessed with finding women 15 or 20 years younger than me, and looking for a stable, ongoing monogamous relationship.  (I've tried casual sex, and didn't think it was all that great.) 

The reality doesn't seem to be like that. 
    Enneagram type 5 w6. 
    If I offer lots of advice, it's probably really me giving advice to myself. That always seems to happen. 
  • RemusRemus NY,NYSilver Member Posts: 382
    edited November 2015
    Reborn said:
    The hard part about being honest is realizing that most of the people you engage with aren't on the same page. 

yeah, I am finding this thread slightly depressing, as someone wrestling with the online dating world.  

According to things like the above brown-paper video, I ought to be winning, as a man who is in good physical shape, in my 50s, not obsessed with finding women 15 or 20 years younger than me, and looking for a stable, ongoing monogamous relationship.  (I've tried casual sex, and didn't think it was all that great.) 

The reality doesn't seem to be like that. 
    I wouldn't get too worked about that video.   It's been debunked numerous times: http://www.businessinsider.com/economics-of-sex-video-debunked-2014-2.  People and relationships are not a commodities market.

JellyBeanamblrgirl