Spinoff - hats

Comments

• ZoroasterZoroaster Silver Member Posts: 735
    DaddyOh said:
    Perestroika for life. 
    I rock this (flaps down) whenever I shovel snow. 
    If that doesn't get your panties moist, nothing will. 
    "Better red than dead"
    I'd like one of these. I used to have a Swedish Army surplus winter cap, but it wore out a long time ago.
    DaddyOh
  • RorschachRorschach "Just ask the axis ..."Silver Member Posts: 1,458
    I think baseball caps should only be worn by baseball, and then only while actually playing baseball.

I do have a hat somewhat like the first one forestleaf posted, which I wear only in the summer to protect my head.

Winter up here, well it's wool toques, but I don't think that's what we're talking about.
    MariaHoward
  • HowardHoward EuropeSilver Member Posts: 618
    I kind of dislike hats - would love to wear one but I have pretty thick hair-thanks Mum & Dad- and I don't like squashed hair.

However I bought a leather Stetson last week as they were being sold at a incredible price.

My wife is nonplussed and in a way so am I. 
    "Do or do not. There is no try." - Yoda
    "Do more of what you love."
    Angeline
  • never_againnever_again CanadaSilver Member Posts: 1,372
    My son brought me back a leather Crocodile Dundee hat from Australia, complete with croc teeth.

But...no.
    The man who gives his woman everything ends up with nothing. Not even the woman.
    KattAngeline
  • LHKLHK USASilver Member Posts: 319
    For hats, there are 2 keys.

First, make sure the hat is appropriate for the outfit. Around here that means if you can wear your Justin or Luchase boots, Summer = Resistol Straw and Winter = Stetson felt (10x or better please). Shorts and a t-shirt = ball cap (fitted). You get the idea.

Second, you absolutely have to own the look. If you are at all timid about your look, it will come off as a DLV.

LHK
    Howard
  • MrGrimmMrGrimm Silver Member Posts: 971
    edited August 2015
    I like baseball hats, but they give me aa bit of a headache.  I hate seeing guys in their thirties or older wearing them backwards though.
    Howard
  • HowardHoward EuropeSilver Member Posts: 618
    LHK said:
    For hats, there are 2 keys.

First, make sure the hat is appropriate for the outfit. Around here that means if you can wear your Justin or Luchase boots, Summer = Resistol Straw and Winter = Stetson felt (10x or better please). Shorts and a t-shirt = ball cap (fitted). You get the idea.

Second, you absolutely have to own the look. If you are at all timid about your look, it will come off as a DLV.

LHK
    That's the key. I realized my leather Stetson is Harrison Ford. Need to work on the confidence to wear that ;-).

On a good day though.....on a good day....! B)
    "Do or do not. There is no try." - Yoda
    "Do more of what you love."
    Angeline
  • codename_duchesscodename_duchess AustraliaSilver Member Posts: 222
    edited August 2015

I have a 15 year old, battered light brown one of these (band has fallen off) which I wear when there's a risk of sunburn. Of course, this is Australia and once you get out of town this is normal attire. Might be time to find a replacement http://www.jacaru.com/index.html
    Tempted to find a fedora for town wear.
    AngelineHildaCorners
  • Pen_and_SwordPen_and_Sword USASilver Member Posts: 469
    I'm a big fan of flat caps.

A little bit old-world, so they feel more grown-up than a baseball cap, not so big as a fedora or outback hat, so a little easier to own the look.
    "James Bond doesn't have bad days."  - Tennee
    "The goal is to turn women on, NOT sex. If you become good at turning women on, sex can be assumed." - Tanooki
    Triage: http://marriedmansexlife.vanillaforums.com/discussion/13564/so-this-is-me
    M.A.P. - http://marriedmansexlife.vanillaforums.com/discussion/13574/pen-and-swords-map
  • Husband3point0Husband3point0 Gold Men Posts: 3,294
    edited August 2015
    Just to be clear -- the main objection (the main one, not necessarily the only one) women have to baseball hats is when they're used as part of a 'college shower' whereby you're basically trying to use the hat to conceal the fact that your hair is a mess because you didn't wash or comb it. 

Otherwise, it's sometimes part of the look or it isn't. 
    Kattredheaded_woman
  • DarKeyesDarKeyes Silver Member Posts: 660

1> Baseball hats are worn by baseball players and boys. You can toss one on when working in the yard or garage, but don't overdo it.

2> Go to a hat store, with a trusted friend. Try on many. Find the one that works with your style. You don't have a "style?" Figure that out first.

3> When in doubt, go for understated. Most people can't rock a pimp hat.

HildaCornersRorschach
  • RebuildingHusbandRebuildingHusband Southern USASilver Member Posts: 1,953
    Angeline said:
    MrGrimm said:
    I like baseball hats, but they give me aa bit of a headache.  I hate seeing guys in their thirties or older anyone wearing them backwards though.

image.jpg
    500 x 598 - 99K
    give a shit and try, or go be miserable by yourself - AlphaBelle
    not_againEightbit
  • georgegeorge Silver Member Posts: 1,514
    I'm a big fan of flat caps.

A little bit old-world, so they feel more grown-up than a baseball cap, not so big as a fedora or outback hat, so a little easier to own the look.
    Me too!  They are the only type of hat that really works with my thin face. Wish I had the coursge to weat mine more often. W does not like and I have not worked up the amount of style coursge to just do it.  Actually they look good on me which most hats/sunglasses do not.  I have a tough face for hats to love I guess. 
    Like this one. Actually this guy kinda looks like me.  Scary actually.  how the heck does he make it as a model with a face remotely similar to mine???
    image.jpg
    LadyOrTheTygerAngelineLazyAlpha
  • never_againnever_again CanadaSilver Member Posts: 1,372
    edited August 2015
    @George around here, the only ones who wear hats like that (usually in white) are old men who drive 10 mph below the speed limit in the fast lane.
    The man who gives his woman everything ends up with nothing. Not even the woman.
    AngelineKattRorschach
    ....and when I get to that age I'm gonna look AWESOME in that hat!  
    DarKeyesAngelineJohn3Pen_and_Sword
  • Pen_and_SwordPen_and_Sword USASilver Member Posts: 469
    george said:
    ....and when I get to that age I'm gonna look AWESOME in that hat!  
    That's exactly what I used to say. And then one day, I just went, "Screw it. Doing it now." 

...but my wife kind of likes them (she's an anglophile), so YMMV. 
    "James Bond doesn't have bad days."  - Tennee
    "The goal is to turn women on, NOT sex. If you become good at turning women on, sex can be assumed." - Tanooki
    Triage: http://marriedmansexlife.vanillaforums.com/discussion/13564/so-this-is-me
    M.A.P. - http://marriedmansexlife.vanillaforums.com/discussion/13574/pen-and-swords-map
    DarKeyes