Leticia's MAP

Comments

• LeticiaLeticia Silver Member Posts: 102

dalef said:
    Or he may be relieved it is over. I had a relationship where I knew it was going bad for a long time, and two days after she ended it, I was just feeling relieved. (And 28 years later, we are remain friends and nothing more).
    I truly hope that's what's going on with him too, dalef, and I would love to get the same outcome. Thanks for sharing that!
  • frillyfunfrillyfun East PodunkGold Women Posts: 3,386
    I love doing little stupid things like that.  Squish a bug, reach something high up for someone- it's all good.  Just don't call them at like 2:00 am to do the same thing.

Do they have any creepy crawlies they don't like?  DS and I have an agreement.  I get rid of spiders, and he keeps an eye out for garter snakes in the flower beds.  Maybe they have a thing about roaches?

I have a bug zapper tennis racket type thing that works really well.  You can usually find them at cheapy stores in the summer.

Leticia
    OMG, @Angeline , I need that technology in my life!
    Angeline
    Serenity said:

Recently Divorced Hottie is Sending Cookies to My Husband! Oh Noes, What Do I Do?

Sounds kind of like a Forum thread, doesn't it?

Maybe send the cookies to the husband and his wife.

Neighbor did not seem to mind, was quite nice about it and managed not to laugh too hard. Said no big deal, he kills bugs for his wife all the time. Honestly, I think at least some cookies. 
    Yeah, that crossed my mind. I admit I'm never sure how to signal to a woman "I don't want your man!" without looking like the lady doth protest too much. Should I include them both then?
    Serenity
  • maverickmaverick Member Posts: 471
    Leticia said:
    Today I sent him an email asking how he and his parents are doing and asking a few practical questions about his mail and him dropping by to pick up some stuff. I hinted at the fact that I'm waiting for him to talk to his parents anytime soon. If he doesn't, I'll have to think of a course of action.

Is there a reason behind needing him to talk to his parents?  It doesn't strike me as something you would want to waste any energy on.  You have plenty of awesome things to do.
    AngelineHowlAtTheMoon
    maverick said:
    Leticia said:
    Today I sent him an email asking how he and his parents are doing and asking a few practical questions about his mail and him dropping by to pick up some stuff. I hinted at the fact that I'm waiting for him to talk to his parents anytime soon. If he doesn't, I'll have to think of a course of action.

Is there a reason behind needing him to talk to his parents?  It doesn't strike me as something you would want to waste any energy on.  You have plenty of awesome things to do.
    It seems right to tell your parents if you're getting a divorce, no?
    Besides, I don't want to have to lie to them if they call on my landline trying to talk to STBXH.
    maverick
  • maverickmaverick Member Posts: 471
    Leticia said:
    Besides, I don't want to have to lie to them if they call on my landline trying to talk to STBXH.
    If that happens, at least it will really reaffirm your decision to leave.
    Leticia
  • dalefdalef Silver Member Posts: 1,963
    Of course, the landline might be a place to cut back. I almost never talked to my parents about any problems with my GFs, so his relationship with his parents may be the reason he hasn't told them.
    Leticia
    Yesterday, as I had agreed with myself I was going to do, I tried to think of three monkeys for the week. And I was completely stumped. I could think of many tasks that needed doing - maintenance stuff - but no monkeys. I don't know what to do to move forward. I feel like I am in limbo.

I have realized that what @Angeline said has not sunk in yet. I haven't let go of my 'shoulds'. Mostly because I want to play nice to ensure that the divorce process is smooth, but partly because I guess I feel a bit guilty. Not very positive I know.

It hasn't all been negative. I'm taking care of myself, went out with friends on Saturday and had a lot of fun, I have been getting a lot done and me and my sister (who is divorcing her cheating husband) are planning a short inexpensive trip in July to a place I've always wanted to visit. But still, I feel like I was supposed to be doing something, and I don't know what.

STBXH went yesterday to my place to pick up his mail and a few items while I wasn't there. The ball is in his court for a number of things, and I feel a bit frustrated and impatient that I have to wait. I feel like pressuring him a bit, and at the same I don't want to. But I need him to find a place soon so that he can take his stuff out of the flat, tell me if he wants to take any of the furniture, and tell his parents about the divorce so that I can get in touch with them to say thank you and start legal procedures. 

I need monkeys that are not related to him. Thing is, this week I'm not feeling it. It's like after the relief of asking for the divorce, and separating, and telling my family, I am finally taking the time to feel sad about it. I don't miss STBXH - not as a husband anyway - but I have been missing romance, and feeling desired, and intimacy for quite a while now, and it seems to have got much worse these last few days. I'm getting the "I'm going to die alone" feelings, which I know is just fear-driven BS, but have been sapping my energy. 

For the ones who have gone through this, where do I go from here? 
    maverick
  • ScarletScarlet Category Moderator** Posts: 7,542
    You are not obligated to wait to start legal proceedings.  You do not need his permission"
    Speak your truth. 
    amblrgirlmaverick
    Scarlet said:
    You are not obligated to wait to start legal proceedings.  You do not need his permission"
    True, but if I want to keep stress and expenses to a minimum, I need his cooperation. I won't start the process without him at least agreeing with me on the lawyer unless he starts being difficult, and I feel it's too early too stop playing nice.