MMSL Primed for amateur anthropology

2»

Comments

• Pen_and_SwordPen_and_Sword USASilver Member Posts: 469
    It's possible to be "alpha" without being outgoing/ extroverted/ overtly friendly.

You don't have to completely change your natural personality to show confidence.

Confidence comes in many forms and not all of them have to be talkative.

You're absolutely right. The reason I'm combining the two is that I'm an odd sort of duck - a shy extrovert. I love people. I love making people laugh. I feel energized by social interactions.

But I have a lifetime habit of assuming that people won't like me, don't notice me, and won't respect me because I'm just not that awesome. This produces a lot of awkward/orbiting/insecure/unfriendly behavior which in turn (I'm pretty sure) produces "va-clangs" wherever it appears.  

So - thanks partly to @Tennee and @Angeline - my MAP includes both trying to build awesome, AND trying to practice being friendly with everyone, to overcome my insecurity.
    "James Bond doesn't have bad days."  - Tennee
    "The goal is to turn women on, NOT sex. If you become good at turning women on, sex can be assumed." - Tanooki
    Triage: http://marriedmansexlife.vanillaforums.com/discussion/13564/so-this-is-me
    M.A.P. - http://marriedmansexlife.vanillaforums.com/discussion/13574/pen-and-swords-map
    TenneeMissMissyAngelineamblrgirl
  • TenneeTennee Next Stop: AwesomevilleSilver Member Posts: 5,963
    "..my MAP includes both trying to build awesome, AND trying to practice being friendly with everyone, to overcome my insecurity. "

And that is how the new normal will get normalized.  Talk to everyone.  Make a joke.  Make 'em laugh.  Say hello.  Raise your eyebrow and say something witty to the SR9 hottie in line with you.  Whatever.   Interactions with strangers, when you have the opportunity, are zero-risk situations.  Practice, practice, practice...
    "Fall down seven times, stand up eight"  Japanese Proverb

How will you live well today?
    Angeline
  • dalefdalef Silver Member Posts: 1,963

"You guys were having too much fun"

"Damn right!"

Reborn
  • RebornReborn LondonGold Men Posts: 2,987
    We have a winner!

dalef said:

"You guys were having too much fun"

"Damn right!"

Enneagram type 5 w6. 
    If I offer lots of advice, it's probably really me giving advice to myself. That always seems to happen. 
  • KheldarKheldar IndianaSilver Member Posts: 1,565
    I get better as the years go by, but dealing with big, loud, dumb guys gives me a flash of PTSD from my junior high school days. As someone who was nerdy, smart, skinny, and shy, I always had the toughest time dealing with these guys.

It's fine now. But there is a bit of the junior high kid in my head stressing out a little.
    AngelinePen_and_SwordMiddleMan