Do I reveal MMSL, MAP, and Forum to spouse so we can counsel hurting friends?

2»

Comments

• RebornReborn LondonGold Men Posts: 2,987
    Sadly, this is EXACTLY what I used to do to my husband when he was on the forum and I was not.  I know it sucks.  That was me.  Did this happen to you, @Reborn?
    No, fortunately. However, I was on the NMMNG forums for a long time before I came here, and I've heard of this happening a few times. The one piece of advice in the NMMNG book that everyone on the forum there disagrees with, is to share it with your spouse.  
    Enneagram type 5 w6. 
    If I offer lots of advice, it's probably really me giving advice to myself. That always seems to happen. 
    shibari
  • dalefdalef Silver Member Posts: 1,963
    Another reason for not being interested is bad experiences in the past: for example, the book I read on dating (before my first date) said to pay lots of attention to her. After 3 months, she told me she didn't know me well enough to marry me (I had not got past asking her for a second date, and the other woman I had dated the night before was now numero uno). The second book I read was so bad, I threw it away.
    Smashmaster
  • ToBeTonyStarkToBeTonyStark OhioSilver Member Posts: 316
     These are all good points. Different angles the same question. I'll throw a twist at this post… And maybe it's a thread-Jack… So if it is forgive me. Do you tell friends and family not in trouble about MMSLP?

My best friend lives out of state and I bought it for him for his birthday.  I sent him the primer with a note explaining that this was the book that to change my life. I have an ask him about it sense and he hasn't mentioned it so I'm guessing he's never read. .

My 24-year-old son is engaged. I'm going to visit him next month for just him dad son time. My plan is to take the primer with me and to have a frank red pill discussion. 

Have Any other posters done that ?

@jek I think you've done your level best. If the guys so pompous asnto return your books unread when your marriage is improving and his is in the shitter… He's beyond saving. You can lead a horse to water…
  • JekJek CaliforniaMember Posts: 1,520
    Thank you for the kind words, @ToBeTonyStark , but I don't deserve them.  You are referring to @WhereWasI ; :)
  • fordsvtfordsvt Canada Eh!Silver Member Posts: 2,300
    I do know that I will have the Red Pill talk with my son.  He's 12 so it's a few years away. 
    I think suggesting the books represented here is a good Idea.  Why not? Your friends are going to wonder why you've changed so much.  It's not magic but hard work that pays off.  

Two refers I be made.
    One co worker has been sleeping in the Bsmt at home for almost two years. Nice guy issues.  Sobriety for 8 years. 
    no feed back yet.   

A couple  that we know. Their marriage is done.  Craig hasn't slept with Shawna in ten years.  She told my wife that.  Craig claims the marriage to be ok not bad.  So he claims.  WTF??  
    Shawna hates him. Thinks he's a closet gay male. Is only staying till the kids are 18. Then shes gone.  

No feed back from him so far.  
    Very odd these guys don't see the light.   

Into Phase 3..

Those Who Dare......Win.   "What gives you fear today...Gives you Strength tomorrow.."

• HildaCornersHildaCorners Winter? You call *that* winter?Gold Women Posts: 3,377
    I've been feeding my kids bits and pieces of MMSL ideas since I found the blog. My daughter even read the MAP book. To them, it's just part of the way the world really works (as opposed to the way people want the world to work).

Unless there's a better book out, I'll probably buy my son a copy of MMSLP when he's old enough to make use of the info.

I also mention the ideas to others, and if they seem interested, mention the website & books. I don't do much more — I'm basically showing the horse the way to the pond. If they're interested, they can do the research themselves.

Enneagram 5w4.  I'm researching what that means, before designing t-shirt art about it.

"I feel no shame in making lavish use of the strongest muscles, namely male ones (but my own strongest muscle is dedicated to the service of men - noblesse oblige). I don't begrudge men one whit of their natural advantages as long as they respect mine. I am not an unhappy pseudomale; I am female and like it that way." RAH
  • beribbonedberibboned caMember Posts: 359
    I wouldn't say you're fat and your mama dresses you funny so here's a book but my friends and I recommend books and blogs to each other all the time and I doubt it would be construed as insulting in that friendly context. My husband is a little puzzled by my interest in this forum (since it's not focused on our sexual dynamic) but he likes what I write.
  • EightbitEightbit DruidiaGold Men Posts: 2,410
    The_Dude said:
    @Angeline  Not sure why he's full of crap.  90% of my friends would react the way @Jek describes.  I would have reacted pretty much the same way until I was "at the end, no other hope, and LOOKING for a miracle".
    In hindsight it seems stupid, but that doesn't change how most males in our culture are programmed.
    Well this must mean I'm a special snowflake, because I was no where near the end of my rope when I found mmsl.  Of course I've never been accused of being normal either LOL!
    Insert witty, insightful signature here.
    Persephone