"Comment Held in Moderation"

Comments

• MoonstoneMoonstone northeast USAGold Women Posts: 127
    I got a "comment will be approved after moderation" message just now.
    Jek
  • Athol_KayAthol_Kay My Underground LairPosts: 8,046
    Moonstone said:
    I got a "comment will be approved after moderation" message just now.

Fished it out.

One Hour Call   12-Week Guided MAP

"The turnaround is tremendous.  And I'm lifting weights, eating better, and tackling projects.  I have all this great energy without a vampire sucking my life force.  :)  He's a lot stronger standing on his own two feet, as well."  - Scarlet

Moonstone
  • CrashaxeCrashaxe Partytown, which is wherever I am.Gold Men Posts: 1,243
    edited July 18
    I have a couple of threads that aren't indicating that there are new posts in them. They show up greyed out as if I had read them, when I haven't.

“I’m going to plead with you, do not cross us. Because if you do, the survivors will write about what we do here for 10,000 years.” General James Mattis, USMC

telyniVerethragna
    Crashaxe said:
    I have a couple of threads that aren't indicating that there are new posts in them. They show up greyed out as if I had read them, when I haven't.

Not sure what causes that. Any possibility someone else is logging into your account?

"The turnaround is tremendous.  And I'm lifting weights, eating better, and tackling projects.  I have all this great energy without a vampire sucking my life force.  :)  He's a lot stronger standing on his own two feet, as well."  - Scarlet

• RebornReborn LondonGold Men Posts: 2,987
    I get that sometimes with the "general threadjack avoiding thread", and no, I'm pretty sure nobody else is using my account
    Enneagram type 5 w6. 
    If I offer lots of advice, it's probably really me giving advice to myself. That always seems to happen. 
    Blackwulftelyni
    JellyBean said:
    @Crashaxe and @Reborn a forum participant recently requested account deletion, and he had many posts on a number of threads. I believe until those threads reach the number of pages/posts they had before that member left, they will appear greyed out.

That may be what it is.

Rorschach
  • BlackwulfBlackwulf Leading the pack. Silver Member Posts: 1,782
    I am not sure, I have had the thread jack thread greyed out for almost a year.  I think it might also include having marked those threads read when we used to be able to do that too.  
  • RebornReborn LondonGold Men Posts: 2,987
    Argh... and now of course I realise I have 4 pages of "just for fun pictures" to catch up on, including all those tiny ones that @never_again posts.  I am 2 weeks or more behind.

However, I don't think it does this all the time - it is sometimes not greyed out. 
    Perhaps it is to do with post deletion; I have no idea how often posts get deleted.
    Enneagram type 5 w6. 
    If I offer lots of advice, it's probably really me giving advice to myself. That always seems to happen. 
    Angeline[Deleted User]
    Reborn said:
    Argh... and now of course I realise I have 4 pages of "just for fun pictures" to catch up on, including all those tiny ones that @never_again posts.  I am 2 weeks or more behind.

However, I don't think it does this all the time - it is sometimes not greyed out. 
    Perhaps it is to do with post deletion; I have no idea how often posts get deleted.

We delete posts very rarely. Maybe twice a month on average.

Someone wanting an account deletion can remove thousands of comments.

• never_againnever_again CanadaSilver Member Posts: 1,372
    @Reborn, I don't know why my pics always post small.  I wish it was otherwise.  If anyone has any suggestions on how to fix...
    The man who gives his woman everything ends up with nothing. Not even the woman.
  • al2682al2682 CheeseheadSilver Member Posts: 535
    And they say size doesn't matter.....

But yeah, fix @never_again issue since I can't see it on my phone.
    Trying to change the type size in a new signature on my profile, I clicked on "Spoiler".

Now "Spoiler" shows up on the bottom of each of my posts. 

I tried changing the choice from Spoiler to Heading 2. That didn't solve the problem.

I deleted the signature and hit Save. The Spoiler is still showing up below my posts, at least on my end.

Can anyone fix this or tell me how to fix it?

“I’m going to plead with you, do not cross us. Because if you do, the survivors will write about what we do here for 10,000 years.” General James Mattis, USMC

Crashaxe said:
    Trying to change the type size in a new signature on my profile, I clicked on "Spoiler".

Now "Spoiler" shows up on the bottom of each of my posts. 

I tried changing the choice from Spoiler to Heading 2. That didn't solve the problem.

I deleted the signature and hit Save. The Spoiler is still showing up below my posts, at least on my end.

Can anyone fix this or tell me how to fix it?

Fixed it.

It was showing up in the html in your signature. To find it you'd have to click on the  < / > button in the editing toolbar. It's on the right end of the toolbar above the box you type into.

Thank you, Athol!

edited October 31
    As soon as I hit send in a PM, all the formatting is lost. It has started in the past 48 hours or so.

I sent some lengthy PM's with paragraphs, and they turned into a wall of text as soon as I hit send.

As evidenced by this post, the paragraphs are fine in a post, just not in PM's.

I sent one to another member that went through fine, but two PM's I sent to @Tennee turned into massive walls of text.

I'm not seeing what's causing it @Crashaxe.

If you're doing a lot cut and paste from something like Word it can bug out some. Even stuff off another web page can bug out as you lift their HMTL in the cut and paste, and can end up with the Vanilla software "fixing" it into a wall of text by stripping stuff out. Or can also be a browser conflict if you're using an older web browser.

edited October 31
    Yeah... I'm not using Word, and I cut and pasted one message and forwarded it, which became a wall of text, so I figured the problem was in cutting in pasting, but then I typed a message, and as soon as I hit send, all the paragraphs went away, leaving another wall of text.

Thanks for looking at it, Athol. The problem will probably go away just as curiously as it appeared.

I don't PM that much anyway, and I'm not the one stuck trying to read the hard-to-read message.  

I'm caring like that. LOL B)

Angeline
    edited November 1
    Sure enough, the problem has gone away as mysteriously as it appeared,

I soaked my other laptop in water to try to clean the forum. No doubt that is what fixed the issue. Strangely, the other laptop just makes wierd buzzing noises when I try to power it on, and the screen doesn't work now...

ShepardAngelineHildaCornersSmashmaster