Where (and when) should I start?

1235»

Comments

• RebornReborn LondonGold Men Posts: 2,987
    Angeline said:
    I firmly believe "soul mate" stuff is a recipe for misery and unrealistic expectations. 200 years ago people paired off with whoever lived in the same village.

To me, what @Angeline is saying here is the essence of the red pill. 

The human species, like pretty much every other species from insects upwards, has a mating behaviour and sequence. It's not a matter of rational, cognitive considerations. To a human in the evolutionary environment, you got presented with maybe ten or a few tens of potential partners who were the right sex, age range, and not already taken. You had to make a choice. And the species mating strategy says which sex makes the first choice. One sex says "you! yes or no?" and the other responds. I wonder how many people out there in the manosphere who think themselves red pill, have thought about which sex makes the choice first and why? 

But the choice was pretty limited, and the basic strategy was to stick with the pair bonding, with possible extra-marital infidelities that were not intended to break the pair. This is red pill 101.  And looking high and low for "the one" that would satisfy some tick list of criteria was not part of it.
    Enneagram type 5 w6. 
    If I offer lots of advice, it's probably really me giving advice to myself. That always seems to happen. 
    AngelineHildaCornersJellyBeanMiddleMan