Mjolnir - Introduction and Triage

12345679»

Comments

• CartB4HorseCartB4Horse Southwest USASilver Member Posts: 4,155
    Mjolnir said:

As for being in her frame, I agree, and I knowingly entered hers.  To me, though, this is a tricky situation.  Yes, I entered her frame, but it is because it is something I wish to encourage.  I see this as being similar to a wife initiating sex, although we are not at this point.  With the wife initiating sex (or really anything you wish to encourage), you knowingly enter her frame, and then look to lead/redirect the activity to your desire.  In reading this back over, I see that my words are not precisely capturing my thoughts, but I hope this makes a little sense.  In either case, I see now that the end result is the same.  Poor OI, whether it be for sex, or dishes, or whatever.
    I couldn't disagree more.  Neither you nor she want you to be in her frame.  Her frame is made up of emotions, skitterish little thoughts driven by hormones and cycles.  She wants you to be the rock, to be in your Frame where it's safe, where SHE'S safe.

At least that's how I see it.

Put back on course via a 'One Hour Call' with Athol.  Seriously worth 10 times the cost, but don't tell him that....

“Between stimulus and response, there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom.” - Victor Frankl 

giraffe
  • MjolnirMjolnir USASilver Member Posts: 150
    edited February 26
    Owing to waking up ever-so early, I had a bit of free time this morning and reread the entirety of this thread.  It became apparent that I threw many areas of progress out the window over the last few weeks (from late-January to about mid-February).  Honestly, it is not all that surprising to me, as I was in a substantial funk.  Over the past week or two, I have gotten my stuff back together, but am routinely missing basic things that I should not.  Setbacks.  This cannot happen going forward, and I need more consistency from myself.
    Endeavor to be what you desire to appear.
    JellyBeanAngeline
  • JellyBeanJellyBean Sunny SoCalGold Women Posts: 5,054
    Consistency really is the key. Don't get down on yourself for setbacks. We all have setbacks. The trick is to recognize it and get back on track. Great job!
    Enneagram type 9w1
    Angelinenubby