CartB4Horse's MAP v 1.2

1414243444547»

Comments

• CartB4HorseCartB4Horse Southwest USASilver Member Posts: 4,155
    @Angeline - very insightful comments, thank you.

I'm not sure if the alcohol thing is the egg or the chicken.  I was a people pleaser long before I drank my first drop. I was raised mostly by my mother while my dad worked shift work.

I've almost always covered things up. Nothing in NMMNG rang as loud as that fact when I read it. I think I may be getting close to getting past the fear and talking with my wife when something goes wrong is the best way to get better in that regard.

Put back on course via a 'One Hour Call' with Athol.  Seriously worth 10 times the cost, but don't tell him that....

“Between stimulus and response, there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom.” - Victor Frankl 

AngelineLenny_ioTooEarlyTooLate
  • LennyLenny AustraliaMember Posts: 123
    I had a similar level of fear at home, but not at work. I can handle the CFO at work but not a home, fear is odd. For me, I started to do what works at work. Share little things, this builds trust and soon there is no fear in sharing little things. W has a better understanding and surprise to me, but not the 2x4 wielders on the forum, it all went well. Fast toward, now I'm sharing more and generally not afraid of W reaction. It tends to be supportive and good counsel. Now I'm not acting all pissy and holding better frame when I do it, not bitching or moaning. The fear of being wrong or not worthy etc is fading. I'm now seeing it as a chance to build RC. In 2017 I now have a goal to kick fear in the nuts, then stomp on him when he's on the ground.
    AngelineIrishGypsycuriouselleCartB4Horse
  • TooEarlyTooLateTooEarlyTooLate TexasGold Men Posts: 518
    Jek, I am not sure where you are going there.  @CartB4Horse I would venture a guess but I doubt your problem is really with the alcohol as much as your aversion to standing up for yourself and dealing with your problems.  Alcohol just makes the problems go away for a while but creates more.  

I feel your NG shit.  It is not just being nice it is the consistent and continuous lying.  Yep, I am there.  Coaching with @Serenity is really helping me find my perspective because I have none.  I have been wrong about so many things I was so RIGHT about before or at least I thought I was right before.  Looking at things differently, setting firm boundaries hurts and is stressful but the other side is so comforting.  Once you are comfortable in your boundaries and your ability to deal with things, everything is more enjoyable.  I really really think you need a personal coach in @Athol_Kay or @Serenity. Going this alone would have been impossible for me.    

I read a twit the other day from a women and it said "I don't have to be happy to be happy".  It really made me stop and think about what truly make my wife happy.  Just because the things you do in life might not make your wife happy outwardly, knowing them might make her so much happier.  Slay the dragons, this shit is hard.  
    When the pain of being the same becomes greater than the pain of being different, you change.

Triage: Removed for now

MAP: Removed for now

Enneagram 3w2
    TenneemissesnesbitCartB4Horse
    Lenny said:
    I had a similar level of fear at home, but not at work. I can handle the CFO at work but not a home, fear is odd. For me, I started to do what works at work. Share little things, this builds trust and soon there is no fear in sharing little things. W has a better understanding and surprise to me, but not the 2x4 wielders on the forum, it all went well. Fast toward, now I'm sharing more and generally not afraid of W reaction. It tends to be supportive and good counsel. Now I'm not acting all pissy and holding better frame when I do it, not bitching or moaning. The fear of being wrong or not worthy etc is fading. I'm now seeing it as a chance to build RC. In 2017 I now have a goal to kick fear in the nuts, then stomp on him when he's on the ground.
    @Lenny - Same here. I have slayed it at work, dealt with huge clients, sold large deals, worked with upper management and yet I am afraid of my little wife.  WTF?

I will work thru this, one event at a time.

Put back on course via a 'One Hour Call' with Athol.  Seriously worth 10 times the cost, but don't tell him that....

“Between stimulus and response, there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom.” - Victor Frankl 

Jek, I am not sure where you are going there.  @CartB4Horse I would venture a guess but I doubt your problem is really with the alcohol as much as your aversion to standing up for yourself and dealing with your problems.  Alcohol just makes the problems go away for a while but creates more.   
    @TooEarlyTooLate - Winner, winner, chicken dinner!

This stuff is Nice Guy Behavior (NGB). Alcohol was a side issue, a symptom and definitely an escape.

Coaching will be in my future (with Athol). I can't imagine anyone as good at doing this as he is. I don't have the time and money to school a therapist on Nice Guy Behavior and running a MAP; might as well go to the Master! :smiley:

Despite what many here may feel, I have no doubts that NGB can be destroyed with MAPing.

BlueWolf
  • AngelineAngeline planting seedsCategory Moderator** Posts: 14,501

Despite what many here may feel, I have no doubts that NGB can be destroyed with MAPing.
    see, this is you setting up fake battles and fake adversaries. No one has said anything of the sort, in fact that is a huge component of success for most people here, male or female. Is it to make you feel unique and super powered? It is definitely annoying, if you're doing this in real life.

I'm glad to hear you intend to make coaching happen. The very best of luck to you, truly- 
    "Speak your truth." - Scarlet
    Remember to play!
    Do the right thing, whether anyone is watching or not.
    Be married, until you are not.

Email address: angeline.greenwood@att.net
    Scarlet
    @Angeline - I can't thank you enough for all the help you've given me.  You always make me think.

I wish you and your family a bright future.

AngelineTenneeBlueWolftry_red_pill
  • TooEarlyTooLateTooEarlyTooLate TexasGold Men Posts: 518
    edited December 22
    For me it is not NGB at issue, it just my perspective.  There are no demons to beat.  You just have to change the way you think.  What you thought was right or true is not.  As an example, when I started truly caring for my wife and her health problems I stopped being scared of my wife.  My vision changed.  I stopped focusing on fear and on help which I am good at.  My next big hurdle is understanding that sex does not come as a result of being nice, it comes as a result of leading and being dominate in the bedroom.  There is no bad guy or bad disease it is only your perspective that needs to change.  There is absolutely nothing wrong with being nice and friendly as long as you are not trying to solve problems with your actions.  
    I had a situation at work where an employee came to me to talk about the actions of my boss.  In the past I felt it was my job to intervene. Instead I had the confidence to understand that it was their problem to work out and I did not need to apologize for either one of them, nor did I need to feel bad or somehow responsible.  

What has helped me the most...stopping and thinking instead of reacting?  

I do hope for the best for you and hope that you will spend the money on coaching.  It is funny,  I have had sessions with both Athol and Serenity and both have largely told me very similar things but for some reason Serenity beating me up sits easier and I am more open with her.  Maybe this is a NG thing or just that all through my life the women are the strong ones that I listened to.  To each his own though.  Godspeed my friend.     
    When the pain of being the same becomes greater than the pain of being different, you change.

Triage: Removed for now

MAP: Removed for now

Enneagram 3w2
    CartB4HorseBlueWolf
    Good luck to all of you and a very Merry Christmas (and Happy New Year!)

I'll be over at the Refugee Camp for now.....

• JekJek CaliforniaMember Posts: 1,520
    Oh, I read slow, didnt know you stopped.

good job
    AngelineTenneeCartB4Horse