Trapped by a Beta Male

SoSoFeminineSoSoFeminine LondonMember Posts: 2
Hello everyone :)

I'm a 29 year old woman.  Attractive, in shape, educated, good job.  Unfortunately lately I keep attracting passive Beta Males.  The guy I have been seeing for about 3 months started out pretending to be something he wasn't.  He acted fairly assertive and pursued me hard.  It wasn't until fairly recently that he began to show his true colors.  Now he is passive, effeminate, clingy and repulsive to me.  The thing is I just can't seem to get rid of him.  Help!
Tagged:
Eightbit

Comments

• LadyOrTheTygerLadyOrTheTyger EarthSilver Member Posts: 892
    "I don't want to see you anymore.  I'm breaking up with you.  I'll leave your house slippers and tooth brush at X location.  I wish you all the best."
    JellyBeanMiddleMan
  • HildaCornersHildaCorners Winter? You call *that* winter?Gold Women Posts: 3,377
    I see two issues here.

1) How to break it off with a squishy guy. You've gotten lots of good advice here, use it.

2) How to attract stronger men.

The second is important, and you'll need to do some self-analysis and probably some improvement. Athol has a great book on this, The Mindful Attraction Plan or MAP, as we call it). Though the book focuses more on marriages, it's also useful for singles like us ... because we need to improve ourselves, too.

Part of your improvement is to take on the traits that stronger men are attracted to in a woman. <over exaggeration here> For example, if you're a ball-busting construction worker, swear like a longshoreman, and your idea of dressing up is wiping the mud off your steel toed boots, you're repelling all the men who like femininity and want to lead the relationship. <end over exaggeration> You don't have to become someone you aren't, but you have to explore the sides of yourself than strong men like.

Enneagram 5w4.  I'm researching what that means, before designing t-shirt art about it.

"I feel no shame in making lavish use of the strongest muscles, namely male ones (but my own strongest muscle is dedicated to the service of men - noblesse oblige). I don't begrudge men one whit of their natural advantages as long as they respect mine. I am not an unhappy pseudomale; I am female and like it that way." RAH
    MiddleManAlexZ
  • RicoRico ArribaSilver Member Posts: 1,284
    "Welcome to Dumpsville.  Population: You"
    DaddyOhTenneeMiddleMan
  • fredlessfredless Silver Member Posts: 2,842
    Rico said:
    "Welcome to Dumpsville.  Population: You"
    or alternatively...
    fail.jpg
    500 x 352 - 50K
    forestleafTenneeBabyMakes5_dadMiddleMan
  • RemusRemus NY,NYSilver Member Posts: 382
    I think some details about how he was at first, how his behavior changed, when it changed, what is your dynamic between the two of you, etc.  The more information the better we can see if this is something you are doing, or bad luck.
    HildaCornersdalefLadyOrTheTygerMiddleMan
  • dalefdalef Silver Member Posts: 1,963
    The question may be why do you turn the men you date into betas.
    Rico
  • dalefdalef Silver Member Posts: 1,963
    dalef said:
    The question may be why do you turn the men you date into betas.
    If a man can be made "passive, effeminate, and clingy" by a woman within 3 months, he wasn't much of a man to begin with.  

He probably read some Game articles on the internet and was playing a part.  

But she says this happens with many men she dates. (I had some relationships along those lines, except I didn't get effeminate or clingy, the women saw me as passive alpha asshole). I think the difference is some men effeminate and clingy worked with their mom; my mom would never care, so I wound up wandering off to read or watch TV, or both.