The Threads Thread

Comments

• MariaMaria EuropeCategory Moderator** Posts: 5,323
    All four outfits look good. The dresses would only look too young if you were about 65 and I don't think you are ;)
    Have you got shoes that are a bit more open in the front, pumps-style? I think they would work well with all outfits.
    Simple ones like these

_____________________________________________________________________________
    If you want us to be unapologetically feminine, be unapologetically masculine.
    SignorePillolaRossaamblrgirlHowlAtTheMoonNeverSleptOnTheCouch
  • HildaCornersHildaCorners Winter? You call *that* winter?Gold Women Posts: 3,377
    I like the black dress, but if it's an informal party, wear the red sweater & skirt.

Enneagram 5w4.  I'm researching what that means, before designing t-shirt art about it.

"I feel no shame in making lavish use of the strongest muscles, namely male ones (but my own strongest muscle is dedicated to the service of men - noblesse oblige). I don't begrudge men one whit of their natural advantages as long as they respect mine. I am not an unhappy pseudomale; I am female and like it that way." RAH
  • growingafamilygrowingafamily chicagoSilver Member Posts: 1,841
    My husband is insanely turned on by me in turtleneck sweaters. I'm thinking boobs is the reason. The sweater definitely accentuates that more than the dresses.

Will it be hot or cold? I remember always having to choose different outfits for Christmas eve and Christmas day, because my grama's house with 40 people in it was way. too. hot. for any kind of long sleeves. But my parents' house the next day with 9 people was always a bit chilly.
  • fredlessfredless Silver Member Posts: 2,842
    edited December 2015
    @forestleaf ;

Your husband has told you what he likes you in best.  Is your goal to be attractive to him?
    SignorePillolaRossaamblrgirl
  • forestleafforestleaf At the farmGold Women Posts: 1,703
    @fredless, my H thinks I look good in all of those, although the red is his favorite.  My goal is to look good and feel good about myself.  @Elise, what kind of booties?  I don't have knee high boots although I'm thinking of getting some; maybe some shopping is in order.  Plus yes I could get some funky patterned tights; that sounds like fun.  We have a deck with lights and I might be spending some time out there (chilly!) so I think I'd better go for the red shirt and skirt.  Then I'll be making my H happy and I won't freeze my ass off.  :)  I'm sad no one likes my shoes.  :(  I don't really like pumps; they always look very 80s to me.  But I'll look at shoes when I'm out looking at boots. 
  • SallyManderSallyMander Silver Member Posts: 2,087
    @forestleaf, I think the shoes would be fine with bare legs. Do they have a heel? A heel is always a plus. A slingback might be a good in-between shoe to look at if you don't like pumps.
    Elise
  • WinterWinter The Island of MisFit ToysGold Women Posts: 955
    You look fabulous in the sweater and skirt. I think tall boots would be super fun with that. However my vote is for the black dress and some killer heels. Love it! 

forestleafNeverSleptOnTheCouchBetaGeek
  • WinterWinter The Island of MisFit ToysGold Women Posts: 955
    And wear your hair down. It's so pretty and shouldn't always be tired back  :)

Eliseforestleaf
  • thisisjenthisisjen Silver Member Posts: 1,164
    The dresses are not too young, but the shoes are too old.  I love the red turtleneck and skirt on you.  Very festive and flattering.   The patterned dress is my least favorite .  It looks summery to me.

tulipAngelineamblrgirlHowlAtTheMoon
  • MongrelMongrel Pennsylvania, USASilver Member Posts: 1,869
    Boots are always hot. Always. I prefer them with at least a little heel. The flat sole ones just look wrong to me.
    "If you're not happy with your life, you've got to identify why, and do something about it." -- Mandrill
    "Treating her like a princess didn't make me a prince, it made me a servant."
    Link to triage questions:  http://marriedmansexlife.com/triage-your-relationship-and-the-911-er-category/

SignorePillolaRossaSallyMander
  • redheaded_womanredheaded_woman USASilver Member Posts: 4,739
    Got these today!!
    image.png
    750 x 1334 - 314K
    "Fuck yesterday, make tomorrow awesome." - Tennee
    ElisePirouette
  • BeatriceBeatrice USAGold Women Posts: 1,175
    edited January 23
    Wow @Elise.  I can't give you any advice because I would never go to that many events in one day. The other day after work I had a hair cut followed by a microneedling appointment. When I got home, the husband wanted to play a dice game with me, but I turned him down because I needed some quiet time. :D My hair stylist and and esthetician both like to talk.

Your black dress idea sounds good, though I would probably do the sweater dress @Angeline suggested and carry a couple of different choices of footwear. 

Have fun!
    We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us.  -Joseph Campbell
  • AngelineAngeline planting seedsCategory Moderator** Posts: 14,501
    edited January 23

Elise said:
    @Angeline growing up riding horses, just really struggle with pairing my boots with a dress, but I do have booties and several sweater dresses. Thanks for the idea. I also thought about tossing on a Jean jacket over the black dress to casual it down for a bit. 

@Beatrice I have already been to workout and an event for my oldest child, all that above happens after 1pm. It's a busy day

I grew up riding horses in the south, so I got used to pairing cowboy boots with shorts, bathing suits, bathing suits and overalls, sundresses :) It works, trust me.
    "Speak your truth." - Scarlet
    Remember to play!
    Do the right thing, whether anyone is watching or not.
    Be married, until you are not.

Email address: angeline.greenwood@att.net
    EliseBeatricethisisjen
  • LHKLHK USASilver Member Posts: 319
    I understand the quote. But, they should have put the model in a better outfit.

LHK
    [Deleted User]
  • growingafamilygrowingafamily chicagoSilver Member Posts: 1,841
    Well she's wearing a dress and heels. The alternative in my mind was yoga pants and a stained tshirt.
    HildaCorners
  • BeatriceBeatrice USAGold Women Posts: 1,175
    Oooo...love it

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us.  -Joseph Campbell
    Smashmaster