The Threads Thread

13»

Comments

• LionessLioness usSilver Member Posts: 208
    Trying to find casual outfits. Which is better....pants tucked in sock or out...and shirt tucked in or left out.
    _20160219_085708.JPG
    1187 x 2903 - 561K
    _20160219_085647.JPG
    1244 x 3061 - 633K
    "Proceed with being awesome" (even if others are shocked) - frillyfun
  • BeatriceBeatrice USAGold Women Posts: 1,175
    Shirt out, pant legs tucked in. But I would tuck the shirt into a different pair of jeans - I think a different waistband/pocket would flatter your figure more. I can definitely see your waist with the shirt out, but it is not as clearly emphasized with the shirt tucked.

In other news, I just looked down and realized I am not wearing my red "work" shirt. I am wearing my red, thin, clingy non-work shirt. Oops. Guess I will keep a lab coat on today.
    We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us.  -Joseph Campbell
    Lioness
  • ShepardShepard Gold Men Posts: 563
    Anonime said:
    Am supposed to be shopping for workout wear today.

Somehow found myself in the dress department, trying on little black dresses I didn't need.  ;)

Just because I can.  :P

Managed to escape without buying one, but then the shoe store sucked me in...

Couldn't resist these boots...

"Yeah, honey, I was buying .... workout boots ... yeah, that's the ticket!  :p
    Have you ever sailed across an ocean Donald? On a sail boat surrounded by sea with no land in sight. Without even the possibility of sighting land for days to come. To stand at the helm of your destiny. I want that, one more time.
    [Deleted User]
  • HildaCornersHildaCorners Winter? You call *that* winter?Gold Women Posts: 3,377
    @Anonime or anyone else with an "dress nicely" job in a cold climate, especially if you take public transit ...

How do you dress nicely but stay warm during the commute?

I have to walk 2 blocks and wait for a bus, then walk 5 blocks from the subway station to my office downtown. [The transfer from bus to subway is sheltered.] So there's a fair bit of time outdoors.

I'm part polar bear, so the cold we've been having (into the mid 20s F) has been no problem — indoor tights and a long lined trench coat. But in my area, I might have to deal with winter temperatures around 0F in the mornings.

Head and hands are fine ... I knit, and have a warm hat and scarf, and need to finish my son's mittens so I can make mine. But I worry about my legs ... what can I do to keep them warm, not look like a dork in transit, and not have to change in the restroom?

Enneagram 5w4.  I'm researching what that means, before designing t-shirt art about it.

"I feel no shame in making lavish use of the strongest muscles, namely male ones (but my own strongest muscle is dedicated to the service of men - noblesse oblige). I don't begrudge men one whit of their natural advantages as long as they respect mine. I am not an unhappy pseudomale; I am female and like it that way." RAH
  • HowlAtTheMoonHowlAtTheMoon Silver Member Posts: 1,183
    Legwarmers over your boots and pulled over your knees.  All the rage.

Although, I just carry shoes and do the snowboot change. It stays well below 0°F here for 3-4 months, so Sorel boots and wool socks are happening. 

Who cares about looking good on the bus? Last time I made eye contact with someone on public transit, she came over and asked if she could pee on me. 

Wear good tread. Slipping and breaking a bone sucks way more than looking goofy.
    ShepardMariaAngeline