Should I stop dyeing my hair and go grey?

2»

Comments

• dalefdalef Silver Member Posts: 1,963
    Yes, young people are going for gray hair (my 15 year old daughter included). I miss her beautiful black hair.
  • RicoRico ArribaSilver Member Posts: 1,284
    There's a contestant on the current season of The Biggest Loser who has purple/grey dyed hair. Makes her look about 15 years older than she is.
  • HildaCornersHildaCorners Winter? You call *that* winter?Gold Women Posts: 3,377
    Gray hair on a young woman only works if she is truly young and pretty. If she would look good with a shaved head, she can try going gray. It looks obviously artificial, and is discounted because of that (just like purple hair).

But for a woman in her late 30s or beyond ... the first, second and third thoughts are that the gray is natural, and that the woman is old.

Do some older woman rock gray hair? Sure? But a) their hair looks very expensive, 2) see my shaved head comment above.

Enneagram 5w4.  I'm researching what that means, before designing t-shirt art about it.

"I feel no shame in making lavish use of the strongest muscles, namely male ones (but my own strongest muscle is dedicated to the service of men - noblesse oblige). I don't begrudge men one whit of their natural advantages as long as they respect mine. I am not an unhappy pseudomale; I am female and like it that way." RAH
    judyjudy
  • judyjudyjudyjudy UKGold Women Posts: 904
    I tried a more natural dye on my hair yesterday. It's covered my grey but is not as dark as the rest of my hair, but it turned out I'd mixed it slightly wrong, dammit! Going to use that brand again next time and see what the results are like.

I did feel a lot happier with my greys dyed though. I've never deviated from my natural colour since I started dyeing my greys and I can say with absolute sincerity, no blonde is going anywhere near my hair - I have very dark, full brows and I would, I fear, look awful! 

So for now I'm going to stick with a more natural dye and see how it works for me next time.
    HowlAtTheMoonSignorePillolaRossaCartB4Horse