Best Suits for IOI

Comments

• TenneeTennee Next Stop: AwesomevilleSilver Member Posts: 5,963
    @HildaCorners ;  BOOTS FTW!!!!!   ;)
    "Fall down seven times, stand up eight"  Japanese Proverb

How will you live well today?
    TemplarCrashaxeWinter
  • AngelineAngeline planting seedsCategory Moderator** Posts: 14,501
    And just in case anyone is puzzled by my hatin' on long hair, this ^^ is what my teen landscape looked like, and it was pretty awful even then. Usually, like say for example 80's styles, it takes a few years for you to realize they looked pretty silly. Not so in the 70's, we knew that shit was bad then.
    "Speak your truth." - Scarlet
    Remember to play!
    Do the right thing, whether anyone is watching or not.
    Be married, until you are not.

Email address: angeline.greenwood@att.net
    CharlieTenneeHildaCornersKatt
  • TemplarTemplar WashingtonSilver Member Posts: 3,371
    edited February 10
    Tennee said:
    Wait, whereas there is not necessarily an exact 'Right'...

There is very, very Wrong. 
    Is it because they all don't have tails on their jackets, have no pink or fluorescent green or because they aren't wearing top hats (very under-rated head cover)???? Because no one has a cane??
    Tennee
  • TemplarTemplar WashingtonSilver Member Posts: 3,371
    Tennee said:
       What will make you walk into a room like you own it? 

That's how you go about this. 
    This is the money quote. Unless your fly is down, this is the biggest part.

AngelineKattWintermaverick
    Awesome! Get two!
    Remember to play!

TenneeAdamBecker
  • MrGrimmMrGrimm Silver Member Posts: 971
    I know a friend of my dad's that bought himself a Corvette when he hit his goal weight loss.  It was just a mid 80's version, but still a pretty nice prize.  :)
    AngelineTenneeSignorePillolaRossaCallmeCat
  • AdamBeckerAdamBecker TX, USAGold Men Posts: 131
    @HildaCorners - rereading your 'Hedge Fund Gigolo' (HFG) recommendations.   I really like the look.  On guys who can carry it off.  I'm down 50 lbs from my heaviest.  But I'm still not svelte.  I need to lose about another 15 lbs of fat before I'm in flat-stomach range.  Even then - I'm 60 (but I don't look a day over 58.) 

What makes a man look good? I was at a middle-school function last night, surrounded by other dads.  I was seated with a guy who looked a lot better than I do - even though he was wearing polyester chinos and a polo shirt with his company logo on it, while I was wearing a sports coat with a sharp-looking shirt, wool trousers, shiny black shoes.  Why?  He's younger, thinner, more buff, taller and has a square jaw.  Clothes make the man, but only so far.

My next set of weight goals will to be to get down to ~168 lbs.  I'll try the HFG look then.
    AngelineSignorePillolaRossaTemplar
  • HildaCornersHildaCorners Winter? You call *that* winter?Gold Women Posts: 3,377
    I was seated with a guy who looked a lot better than I do - even though he was wearing polyester chinos and a polo shirt with his company logo on it, while I was wearing a sports coat with a sharp-looking shirt, wool trousers, shiny black shoes.  Why?  He's younger, thinner, more buff, taller and has a square jaw.  Clothes make the man, but only so far.
    It's not just clothes, it's attitude. Or Frame, if you will.

I've mentioned my attorney in other clothing posts. He's in his early 60s, dresses well but not without a few errors ... but his frame is top-notch. He has almost military posture (very tall and straight), and walks into a courtroom like he owns the place, in a relaxed way. [He's fit, but with a runner's body, and bearded.] If you saw him in a crowd of lawyers, you'd easily pick him out as one of the best in out large city.

Frame isn't everything ... but it's 90% of everything.

Enneagram 5w4.  I'm researching what that means, before designing t-shirt art about it.

"I feel no shame in making lavish use of the strongest muscles, namely male ones (but my own strongest muscle is dedicated to the service of men - noblesse oblige). I don't begrudge men one whit of their natural advantages as long as they respect mine. I am not an unhappy pseudomale; I am female and like it that way." RAH
    TenneeSignorePillolaRossaAdamBeckermaverick
  • dalefdalef Silver Member Posts: 1,963
    I read the book "Dress for Success", and the author pointed out that the 'look good for business' and the 'look good for the ladies' were not the same look.
  • AdamBeckerAdamBecker TX, USAGold Men Posts: 131
    @dalef : so what's the key (according to the book) for wearing a suit to look good for the ladies?
    dalef said:
    I read the book "Dress for Success", and the author pointed out that the 'look good for business' and the 'look good for the ladies' were not the same look.
    In 1975 when the book came out, they weren't the same.  Anything business was seen as boring and conformist.

Now, a successful, polished business look is appreciated more as the attraction it is.
    Remember to play!

HildaCornersTenneeCrashaxeScarlet
  • HildaCornersHildaCorners Winter? You call *that* winter?Gold Women Posts: 3,377
    I love the Dress for Success books. [Especially Live for Success, which is long out of print.] But as Angeline says, some of the info is badly out of date.

In 1975, the most successful business look was the loose-cut Brooks Brothers suit. It did a great job of hiding the body ... back then, women preferred the tighter Italian cut suits that were too fashionable for most American businesses.

In 2016, business suits are cut tighter, so they show off the male form. Adam, I know you remember the old suit styles ... don't get one of those. If you can't rock a slim-cut suit, don't get a suit at all.

That's why I suggested a HFG look (with $$$$ cowboy boots). Jeans look good on any man without a huge belly, and the white shirt and well-cut jacket take the jeans out of the "band shirt" realm. And if you have the Frame that says "I dress this way because I like it, fuck convention", you'll get those IOIs.

Enneagram 5w4.  I'm researching what that means, before designing t-shirt art about it.

"I feel no shame in making lavish use of the strongest muscles, namely male ones (but my own strongest muscle is dedicated to the service of men - noblesse oblige). I don't begrudge men one whit of their natural advantages as long as they respect mine. I am not an unhappy pseudomale; I am female and like it that way." RAH