IrishGypsy's MAP - "Ah Go On!"

IrishGypsyIrishGypsy UKSilver Member Posts: 407
edited February 28 in Running the MAP

My triage and intro here: http://marriedmansexlife.vanillacommunities.com/discussion/14263/irishgypsys-newfound-but-bumpy-road-to-awesomeness

So I've been MAP'ing for about 3-4 months now, but it's time to take it up a notch and hold myself accountable, learn to become the best man, and captain, I can be for me, our family and my wife.

I don't get much PC access outside of work (too busy doing things with kids and my wife), so most updates will come from my phone.

Things I've improved Since I've Started

* Accepted my role in enabling my wife's EA.
* Learning how to hold my Frame (without being a dick) - still a WiP.
* Working on clearing my debts (BIG Red and a huge DLV).
* Learning to inject positive energy and trying not to lose my temper so easily (see Frame).
* Trying to develop true OI, but I still seem to seek my validation from Sex. Curse you high sex drive! *shakes fist*
* My workouts have increased ten-fold with the gym 3x a week for weights, PT at work once a week, DVD workout at work 2x a week (that I 'run') - big chance to practice captaining, DHV, and leading a group of others (constantly recruiting new people to join in).
* Lead my wife to join me at the gym, I make us both fruit salads for work everyday and make most of the meal decisions (with some input from my wife).
* Spending more QT with wife and kids whilst we're staying in my MIL's house. Getting my wife and I out most evenings as that'll drop down once our house is built and we move in.

Things I Still Need to Work On

* True OI - Like @CartB4Horse did, I still seek validation from sex. And whilst my wife goggles have been well and truly smashed, sex frequency is still a big thing.
* Passing shit tests - Wife likes to throw them around like confetti. Need to learn not to be sucked into her Frame and try and not engage her heavyweight hamster with logic.
* Get through my to-do list (aka my monkeys). I'll post them in here a bit later so I can hold myself accountable to getting my ship in order like a functional adult should.
* Become more sociable - I'm a very outgoing person, but having moved so often I've been hesitant until we move into our new, final, home before making new friends.
* The above includes attending my kid's school functions and events more as my DD hasn't had any party invites yet. Not good.
883867816bc47677fde87ee17202446a.jpg
236 x 203 - 15K
shibariUnBetaMe

Comments

• LordFlashheartLordFlashheart UKSilver Member Posts: 170
    Love the Mrs Doyle picture 

Makes me think of this "Pat was wondering if he could put his massive tool in my box" 

Good MAP start!
    You want something?  You're the Captain?  You make it happen. Courtesy of @fredless
    shibariIrishGypsyUnBetaMe
  • CartB4HorseCartB4Horse Southwest USASilver Member Posts: 4,155
    Very nice start to your MAP!!

Put back on course via a 'One Hour Call' with Athol.  Seriously worth 10 times the cost, but don't tell him that....

“Between stimulus and response, there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom.” - Victor Frankl 

• IrishGypsyIrishGypsy UKSilver Member Posts: 407
    Very nice start to your MAP!!
    It's taken a few months of MAP'ing already to just get here. I've endured countless shit tests as my wife is, understandably, hesitant to relieve herself of certain responsibilities when she's been the one that got a lot of shit done for years.

So I do what I can to pass them. My serious workouts have even caused loyalty tests as she thought I was looking elsewhere after everything that happened.

Zero doubts there's plenty more shit tests left to come...
    CartB4HorseTennee
  • LionessLioness usSilver Member Posts: 208
    I bet she is really noticing your changes, thus the loyalty tests. Nice use of humor about the shoes too
    "Proceed with being awesome" (even if others are shocked) - frillyfun
    TenneeIrishGypsyshibariUnBetaMe
    @IrishGypsy - You're right, the shit tests will continue.  They may come and go as you progress but understand, SHE'S GOT TO TEST you.

Put back on course via a 'One Hour Call' with Athol.  Seriously worth 10 times the cost, but don't tell him that....

“Between stimulus and response, there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom.” - Victor Frankl 

TenneeIrishGypsyUnBetaMe
    Very good "Goods" and workable "Bads".  You already are adjusting, working on improvements.  That ^^^^ is exactly how we should work a MAP!

• amblrgirlamblrgirl ATXSilver Member Posts: 1,328
    I can't find it now, but I believe Athol had a blog post about not allowing roommates or long-term guests. Does anyone have a link to that?
    amblrgirltx@gmail.com
    Fitocracy: atxchick

Enneagram 6w5, married to a 5
    telyni
  • telynitelyni Midwest, USASilver Member Posts: 471
    edited March 12
    @amblrgirl: I was thinking that too. Found it: http://marriedmansexlife.com/2011/10/the-three-day-rule-for-guests/

Aside from that, it's a great update.

ETA: my son (2 now) did similar things for awhile, except he said deedah instead of daddy for a couple months. My husband also is the one to get him up in the morning. But I'm with him all day, so the effect was mild. I'm happy he loves his daddy so much. In your case, does she breastfeed? He'll probably balance his affections more over time.
    Enneagram type 5w4
    telyni at gmail
    AngelineamblrgirlIrishGypsy
  • LionessLioness usSilver Member Posts: 208
    Great update @IrishGypsy you handled the shit test very well!  And good on you for gaining such insight into how to improve the sex life for both you and Mrs Irishgypsy

I would second the motion of NOT having an extended house guest (especially a pregnant man eater). Probably much easier to just say no than to extract her once she's in. So what if wife pouts, you're the Capn and it's your home you are protecting
    "Proceed with being awesome" (even if others are shocked) - frillyfun
  • IrishGypsyIrishGypsy UKSilver Member Posts: 407
    telyni said:
    @amblrgirl: I was thinking that too. Found it: http://marriedmansexlife.com/2011/10/the-three-day-rule-for-guests/

Aside from that, it's a great update.

ETA: my son (2 now) did similar things for awhile, except he said deedah instead of daddy for a couple months. My husband also is the one to get him up in the morning. But I'm with him all day, so the effect was mild. I'm happy he loves his daddy so much. In your case, does she breastfeed? He'll probably balance his affections more over time.
    Thanks for the link. It's something the Red Pill side of me saw and I wasn't sure how to say no without sounding like a complete shithole (woman on her own - fuck no. With a baby, though? It does seem harsh to leave them homeless, or in a room barely big enough for a single bed).

However, I've started pushing that she lies to the council (state she's being kicked out by her brother) to get put onto the emergency housing list sooner (so she gets a place of her own). I also said to my wife that she may become unintentionally difficult to move out when the kid arrives if she stayed at ours (as well as the fact that the crying baby might really screw up our kids sleeping patterns).

Breastfeeding stopped 8 months ago for our DS, so can't do much there sadly.