Streaming TV opinions

2»

Comments

• CowboyCowboy In the South, USASilver Member Posts: 1,994
    edited March 9
    We've only had Netflix + air channels for 1.5 years, and now we're trying out Hulu+ to see which one is better. I think we're going to cancel Netflix, as Hulu has a better selection of stuff my kids and I want to watch.
    The Roku stick (which is only about $40-50, I think) has built-in support for almost all the big players.

If you try cutting back to one show a week, you may find you don't miss TV. I cut it out almost completely back in 2014, and I have found I have better things to do with my valuable time.
    "Men were designed to hunt mammoth. You need to go find your mammoth." --Serenity
    ch102081PurpleWheelMan
  • PurplePurple Silver Member Posts: 793
    @Cowboy, I honestly don't watch much for TV by myself and probably wouldn't miss it overly much if we didn't have it at all anymore. H is the one who really watches the most TV in the house, but its no longer a DLV amount of TV, so its alright. I'm pretty strict about the screen time for the kids and try to steer them more toward movies than the shitty TV shows on for kids anyway, so they don't watch much either.

One of H's stated goals with switching to Netflix/Hulu is that we all watch less TV anyway. Seems to be working so far, its easier to turn it off after one episode for me.

There is joy in this path, too.

• MrGrimmMrGrimm Silver Member Posts: 971
    The one bad thing with Netflix/Hulu is it is easy to binge watch something.  :)
    CharliePurpleKattRorschach
  • PurplePurple Silver Member Posts: 793
    Hmm, gonna update here.

We went with Netflix and Hulu for a while. Then H learned about Playstation Vue, which lets you receive a decent handful of popular channels through the PS4. So we are using the free trial month of that right now and I'm pretty sure we're going to drop Hulu and use Netflix and PS Vue. This lets him still get his sports, and we honestly don't care much for Hulu anyway.

There is joy in this path, too.

Angeline
  • MrGrimmMrGrimm Silver Member Posts: 971
    edited May 18
    Angeline said:
    MrGrimm said:
    The one bad thing with Netflix/Hulu is it is easy to binge watch something.  :)
    @MrGrimm, I think you misspelled good, it came out "bad". Some kinda keyboard SNAFU.
    @Angeline speaking of binge watching, our deal ran out last summer with HBO so we'll have to do a free month trial of HBO go after GOT is done so we can binge watch it
    AngelinePurple