What is the hang-up some women have about BJTC?

Comments

• 42andatowel42andatowel United StatesSilver Member Posts: 325
    frillyfun said:
    What's her sexual flavor?  In times where I was hesitant it was because it was just not that fun for me...he was really passive about receiving them, and it didn't float my boat.  

Also, there were hygiene issues, and I still don't trust that he'll be as clean as I want him to be if I'm doing that.  

How's your wardrobe?  Dropping weight, and getting buff is great, but how often does she really see you naked?  You have to look so good in clothes that she wants to see you out of them.
    She probably sees me naked too often, and she probably sees me dressed too infrequently....I.E. our nights are so busy, after evening activities, it's straight to the bedroom and PJs or sleeping naked.

Are you really arguing the validity of being repelled by poor hygiene?
    You can have great hygiene, be completely clean, and she may still have an issue with taste, texture and smell.  

It doesn't stop her from eating certain foods that she dislikes the smell or texture or taste of for a variety of reasons.  Or more so from trying to get me to eat foods I can't stand the taste, texture or smell of....

frillyfun said:
    Because BJTC is (somewhat) optional. If I'm doing something unpleasant it's because not doing it isn't an option.  

Do you really want to make the association that BJTC, or anything sex related is an unpleasant task?  

Manscape, drink some pineapple juice, shower before bed, build RC....see what happens.
    I've tried the pineapple juice before, the timing always seems to be off, I've drank gallons of the stuff weekly for several months with no inclination from her to try and see if there is a difference.

I'll have to come back to this tomorrow with some more details/examples.
    I know I'm early in the process, and most of what I see here is encouraging,  and I need to focus on my map more and this less.  I'm just trying to explore the issue so I know better what to expect.   I'm not saying is a deal breaker, but fair or not, I'll never be 100% satisfied with my sex live with BJTC only occurring once or twice a year. 
  • LadyOrTheTygerLadyOrTheTyger EarthSilver Member Posts: 892

You can have great hygiene, be completely clean, and she may still have an issue with taste, texture and smell.  

It doesn't stop her from eating certain foods that she dislikes the smell or texture or taste of for a variety of reasons.  Or more so from trying to get me to eat foods I can't stand the taste, texture or smell of....
    What adult regularly eats foods they dislike?   Or for that matter tries to force others to do so?  It appears I have a "hang up" about this.  
    AngelineTenneeShepard[Deleted User]
    MrsSmith said:

What does your wife *say* when she's resistant about why?  Does she communicate that?  How do you know that she dislikes BJTC less than those other things?  Does she dislike BJTC more or less than eating something with a texture or taste she dislikes?  It is in her mouth, that's a totally different type of experience than just a regular chore that may have different sensory stimulation.

I mean this out of genuine curiosity, much like you are curious about the resistant woman's side (not disrespectfully) - Why do you love the TC so much?  Do you enjoy the BJ side standalone? Does that happen often and if it's eager, isn't that "enough"?
    To the 1st part.  She's never really been able to say.  She says she doesn't enjoy giving a BJTC and she doesn't know why.  Admittedly, I'm a problem solver, she knows this, and her vagueness may be in defense of this, as if she could tell me exactly what she doesn't like about it (taste, texture, my hygiene, position, gag reflex, etc.) I'd find a way to solve/fix/change everything she doesn't like about it.  It's either that, or as has been pointed out throughout this thread she's really just not that attracted to me yet.

To answer the 2nd part.  I wish I knew exactly why the TC was so important to me.  Is it because I don't get it very often, so it's what I desire most?  I don't know, I can say though that the best, most mind blowing sex we've had in our 20 year relationship is really just a couple of steps above the worst BJTC she's given me in terms of my favorite sexual experiences.  And nothing comes close to the best BJTC's.  If I ranked my top 10 sexual experiences with her they would be Best BJTC, Really Good BJTC, Good BJTC, Really Awesome Sexual Experience, Average BJTC, Average BJTC, Below Average BJTC, Below Average BJTC, Great Sexual Experience, Good Sexual Experience.

That's my hi-light real.  It's not a generic list, but specific encounters.  There is just something utterly and completely mind-blowing about a good BJTC, where she doesn't stop sucking until I've collapsed into a quivering mess on the sheets.  When it's a really good one, the afterglow kicks in and i'm riding cloud nine for days afterwards.  Then it fades to a fond memory that brings random smiles (and erections) to me throughout the day.  I get back to "normal" about a week or two afterwards.  Then if it goes a several months without a BJTC I start to crave one again, not a serious craving, but more of like we haven't had steak in a few weeks, lets have steak for dinner tonight. If she's not up for it, craving a different flavor, etc. then that's fine, I have no negative reaction, or even thoughts yet.  Usually it will be several weeks after that before the craving pops up again, and once again, I have zero negative reactions to her desire for a different flavor.  That will last for a few more months, until I slowly feel the discontent with our sex life creeping back in.  

BJs (not TC) used to be more common, and sometimes even enthusiastic, but that has waned as she can tell I'd much rather they last TC.  We've tried lots of differing things over the years, and no matter what she try's, anything short of TC (when she brings me all the way to the edge and then switches to hand/other stimulation/has me finish outside her mouth) is a huge letdown for me.  It's like I was in the best steakhouse in town, i ordered the steak, I smelled it cooking, and then they brought be a plate of bland rice and beans.

Of course when she does give me a BJTC she will often remark afterwards that she doesn't understand what her problem with it is/was, that she enjoyed giving me that pleasure, and it wasn't bad for her either.  However even saying that she doesn't make another attempt anytime soon.

I guess it's frustrating for me from the standpoint of, here is the one thing she can do for me, and only she can do it for me, that would be the single best gift, present, showing of affection, etc. possible, leaps and bounds above anything else, and she's unwilling to even explore how to get it onto the menu more frequently.

Now, I know the answer here, it's keep mapping.  MAP harder, better, stronger.  When I'm significantly improved, eventually I'll get to the point of having a choice to make.  If things haven't improved on this one thing, then I'll have to decide how important it really is to me, and make a decision.  I'm not there yet, and won't be there for at least 6 months to a year or longer.  So maybe this whole conversation is premature.  Something in another thread just sent me down that rabbit hole.

Winter said:
    I don't like them (the swallowing but the TC isn't ever a problem)  And I generally don't give them.  I have in the past and probably won't in the future. (But for the record I give an damn good BJTC without the swallowing) 

It's absolutely a taste/texture/tempeture thing. And along those same lines I also don't eat foods I don't like (why would I?) so that was a weird comparison. 

Luckily I'm married to an amazing man (who's sexy as hell and has no personal hygiene issues) who doesn't have such hang-ups about not getting them. He appreciates his sexy, highly sexual wife and the (many, many, many, many) things she does like sexually and doesn't feel 'cheated' in any way. 
    So, I agree it was a weird comparison.  I guess what sticks in my head is how she's always trying to get me to eat broccoli.  I know it's good for me, she knows I can't stand the taste, texture or smell of it cooked, like to the point of not wanting to sit at the table to eat if I can smell it, and yet once or twice a year she'll bring up how it would be good for me if I could learn to like broccoli.  Or spinach, or cauliflower, etc. 
    Scarlet said:
    She's not going to be interested in experimenting with you until she sees long-term changes.  Half a year ago your MAP started as this:
    "1.  Need to exercise
    2.  Need to drink less soda
    3.  Need to eat less fast food
    4.  Need to schedule a dentist visit
    5.  Need to work on my personal hygiene
        Shower daily    Shave daily    Start using cologne    Dress better"

And all of that is great.  Those are legitimate goals and great things to work on.

So that was you five months ago and you have not indicated that you've done a 180.  Of COURSE she doesn't want to go down on you.  It's not a desirable experience.  You need to exact significant and *lasting* changes on yourself before it will seem desirable to her.  

So, I'd say I'm 10% of the way there on #1, definitely more active, getting a few sporadic workouts in, still need to get a real gym workout going, or a real routine at home.

On #2, I drink 1-2 sodas a week now, instead of 2-4 a day.

On #3, we eat out at home 1-2 times a week instead of 4-5, and for lunch at work I eat out less than once a week now, as opposed to 3-5 times a week when I started that thread last year.

On #4, this once again got pushed back due to other higher priority items.  It's still on the list, just have to take care of some other items 1st.

On #5, I've been dressing better consistently, I'm using cologne almost daily, and showering daily unless there is something preventing it (like camping with the boy scouts where there are no shower facilities). I still need to work on shaving daily, but I have been more consistent.

I should update my map thread.

What adult regularly eats foods they dislike?   Or for that matter tries to force others to do so?  It appears I have a "hang up" about this.  
    As I mentioned in response to another comment, So, I agree it was a weird comparison.  I guess what sticks in my head is how she's always trying to get me to eat broccoli.  I know it's good for me, she knows I can't stand the taste, texture or smell of it cooked, like to the point of not wanting to sit at the table to eat if I can smell it, and yet once or twice a year she'll bring up how it would be good for me if I could learn to like broccoli.  Or spinach, or cauliflower, etc. 
  • JellyBeanJellyBean Sunny SoCalGold Women Posts: 5,054
    When my husband is rocking the Captain bit and being reliably awesome, the thought occasionally occurs to me, "he sure has been working hard and keeping everything humming on all fronts. He sure is being sexy. I should do something to make him feel good. He deserves it." 

Otherwise, not so much.
    Enneagram type 9w1
    42andatowelHowlAtTheMoonTiger_LilyUnBetaMe
    So my original post may not have been worded well.  I've gained a lot of insight from this post already, but it also, maybe rigthfully so, keeps circling back to my map and my specific situation, which wasn't really the point.  I know I still have a lot of work to do, and I know that this may all be a moot point once my attraction gets where it needs to be.  I'm sincerely hoping this is the case.

However, what started this, was @forestleaf 's post about her husband not being satisfied with their sex life and a specific mention she made of BJTC in there.  What she describes seems to be an almost ideal sex life.  Mine is nowhere near there, but I was thinking if it got there, would I be satisfied if BJTC was still only happening once or twice a year.  Unfortunately I think the answer would honestly be no.  As I mentioned previously, after 6 months or so without a BJTC I would feel the dissatisfaction creep in.

So I wanted to hear the female perspective, and especially from those who don't like to give a BJTC, and understand the myriad reasons behind it.  Is this a solvable problem, i.e. once everything else is where it needs to be, can we solve either my desire for BJTC or her reluctance to give them?

I appreciate all of the feedback, but especially from @Winter , @MrsSmith , @amblrgirl , @HildaCorners , @Angeline and @frillyfun giving me the female perspective on the act itself and what could lead to her being more receptive to it, eventually, after all the attraction and RC issues are handled.

I'm a man who never really takes anything off the table.  I'll try anything she wants to try, and even if I don't directly enjoy the specific act or item, her pleasure turns me on greatly, so I'm still an eager participant in anything she wants to try.  Since the opposite obviously isn't true, I wanted to explore this specific act further from the perspective of those who don't enjoy it and/or refuse to do it.

I know that out there are some women (maybe not on this forum) who when presented with their ideal perfect specimen of attractiveness in every way, who would gladly do 100s of other sexual acts they would never do with someone less attractive, but this one act would still be completely off the menu. I struggle to understand that, hence this post.
    Mailman
    You seem rather hung up on the swallowing aspect. I suspect this has more to do with ultimate acceptance more than sex itself.
    I disagree.  I could care less what she does with it after my orgasm is over.  One of the the top two on my list earlier, didn't involve swallowing at all, but she didn't stop the BJ action until I was done and completely spent.....but it just doesn't push me over into the total euphoric state if she stops before my orgasm finishes....and leaves me a touch disappointed in the outcome.  
    HowlAtTheMoon
  • TenneeTennee Next Stop: AwesomevilleSilver Member Posts: 5,963
    Here's a perspective for you - from a guy who once had BJTCs from his (at the time GF who later becomes) W fall like manna from Heaven.  Well see, one day, they didn't fall anymore.  And haven't.  In Ages.  So, I can do the following about this:

MAP, improve things, and build attraction.   And in my case, continue to repair/unfuck major screw ups.

Or I can complain.  Or make it a Holy Grail pursuit.  Or go tilting windmills - chasing one possible 'cause' after another in an endless quest to 'solve' it. 

Me, I'm gonna keep making myself Awesome.  Because that's the only solution.  If ultimately, I'm unhappy with the lack of BJTCs, well, I know how to go through the phases, and ultimately make a decision.   Personally, as several others have noted here, one act is not the hill to die on IMO.   But that's me. 

Make yourself so Awesome you drip Awesomesauce everywhere you go.  Until then, any other attempt to 'solve' this is wasted effort; put the focus where it needs to go - on your improvement.
    "Fall down seven times, stand up eight"  Japanese Proverb

How will you live well today?
    42andatowelr9stone[Deleted User]HildaCorners