• SaigoTakamoriSaigoTakamori FLSilver Member Posts: 3,075
    Health 
    AND
    Happiness

Sensei.
    Sweat More...bitch less
    Fate favors the prepared.
  • TheOptimistTheOptimist Between Hell and High WaterMember Posts: 5
    Wishing you a full and complete recovery Athol. And thank you for the amazing and life-changing work you have done with MMSL. You and your family are the absolute first and only priority right now though. Look after yourself mate, for yourself, and for them.
  • Under_ConstructionUnder_Construction Australia Silver Member Posts: 338
    edited March 29
    Hey Athol. Really sorry to hear about your experience and wishing you a speedy recovery. I applaud Jen for getting you prompt attention!
  • realeyesrealeyes Eastern USASilver Member Posts: 60
    So sorry to hear of this, Athol. Best wishes to you for a speedy recovery!
    INFJ, 6W5
  • sf64sf64 Střední Evropa na chvíliSilver Member Posts: 1,997
    You, Jen and your family are in our thoughts and prayers.   

Note - If you a FO with a Lazy Bear or Low-T husband, ignore everything I say. It probably doesn't apply
    "As he works on his MAP, he's going to do things that piss you off. He has to."  - Steu2817
    "In a world of Alpha's there is no peace for anyone.....welcome to Somalia enjoy your stay" - Highlander2

TooEarlyTooLatePatience
  • TooEarlyTooLateTooEarlyTooLate TexasGold Men Posts: 518
    Sorry to hear this but glad you are doing better.  Be well and rest up.
    When the pain of being the same becomes greater than the pain of being different, you change.

Triage: Removed for now

MAP: Removed for now

Enneagram 3w2
  • beribbonedberibboned caMember Posts: 359
    I hope you're all healed up and feeling all better soon.
  • Under_ConstructionUnder_Construction Australia Silver Member Posts: 338
    Athol_Kay said:

Looking back, I suppose the only way it would have been spotted would have been an ultrasound of my heart, but not sure why a normal EKG + normal blood pressure would have ever suggested anyone do that.

This is often the case Athol. Normal ECG, normal troponin, even normal exercise stress test. Quite a lot can happen even in 3-4 years and the process of intra-arterial inflammation is so complex it may not have been an issue back then. The problem is that it puts you off pinning cardiac issues as the potential cause down the track because it's been investigated previously. The only definitive test is an angiogram which they don't do lightly. Even the chest pain could be caused by the pneumonia back in 2013. It's impossible to tell. My mother in law was getting short of breath for ages and she had a CT angiogram which was normal. It wasn't until we pressured her to get a second opinion and she had an angiogram - the guy couldn't even pass the wire down the arteries they were so bad. I think it just demonstrates there are so many variables and thank goodness you got prompt treatment when you did, which would minimize any longer term damage. I hope you're doing better day by day. Don't skip on your cardiac rehab!!
    shibariHildaCornersTenneeUlysses
  • WarnPeaceWarnPeace AustraliaGold Men Posts: 125
    Wow. Two of my uncles have been through this in recenty years, both are leading happy health lives now.  Take care Athol and make heathly living your priority.
    INTJ & 7w8
  • jonjon ColoradoSilver Member Posts: 270
    Hey man - sorry to hear this - be well...take care of yourself
    A life can be made right        Ebenezer Scrooge
  • Tiger_LilyTiger_Lily Silver Member Posts: 772
    So sorry to hear this!  You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.  Take care of yourself.
  • fordsvtfordsvt Canada Eh!Silver Member Posts: 2,300
    Athol take care and a speedy recovery. You're a fighter so I know you'll be back better than ever. Hope Jen and the kids are good too

Into Phase 3..

Those Who Dare......Win.   "What gives you fear today...Gives you Strength tomorrow.."