What is happening here? No connection after intimacy?

MiddleManMiddleMan Chicago BurbsSilver Member Posts: 1,898
Here's something unusual that's happening to me as I'm back in the dating market. When it happened once, I didn't think much about it. But it's happened twice now, and that's enough of a trend that I'd like some insight from the group. 

I'm doing pretty well, all things considered. I'm not having much difficulty (beyond scheduling) in setting up dates with lots of women using Tinder and Bumble. I've had two separate women "next" me after dates ended in (or near) sex.

In both cases, we had fun on our dates. I was charming. We had chemistry to the point where (on a second date) we ended up having sex at my house, and (with another woman, on a first date) we ended up at her apartment, where we stopped just short of sex.

And each of them, in the next day or two, told me that they didn't feel a spark or a connection with me. This doesn't add up in my mind. I was able to give each of them orgasms, they each were into it in the moment, and then they each gave me a similar story- They just weren't feeling it. 

I really don't know what to make of it. Was I that bad? It didn't seem so in the moment. Is this just code for something else? It's just confusing in that I seem to be doing a whole lot right. It just doesn't make sense. 

Comments

• EliseElise Gold Women Posts: 478
    Can I ask... are you sure they had an orgasm? 
    MariaMiddleManLadyOrTheTygerWinter
  • MiddleManMiddleMan Chicago BurbsSilver Member Posts: 1,898
    What exactly is/was your goal with these women, and how did these events go against your wishes?  I had the impression you were not wanting to become exclusive at this point.
    That's a good point. 

I'm now at the point where I'd go exclusive with the right woman. 

It's not that the events went against my wishes. Im still fine with having casual sex. I'm more concerned that these women weren't "marketing" themselves as being in the short-term mating market, and I think that women would tend to view me as a good long-term prospect. 

So maybe I'm not seeing myself correctly; maybe I'm a better short-term mating prospect than I give myself credit for. And maybe this is just coincidence.

One lesson I'm taking from this: The more recent of these two experiences was very centered on her pleasure. I gave to her; she didn't reciprocate. And I didn't really ask. I need to be in my own frame. I kind of assumed that next time, there'd be more for me there. And next time didn't happen because she didn't feel a connection. 
    Tenneeamblrgirl
    Elise said:
    Can I ask... are you sure they had an orgasm? 
    I suppose it's possible she was faking. But she went through the trouble of showing me what she needed (making a small adjustment to where my hand was) and then announcing that she was coming. I didn't ask her if she came, though. 
    Jen_Kay said:
    If you're meeting people on Tinder, they are there for a very specific reason. The Tinder version of "short term relationship" is usually "one night stand" in nature. Are they reacting to a sense that you're looking for more than extremely short term, which is not something they want?
    That's possible too, although a lot of women on Tinder say "no hookups" in their profiles. So many that it's a bit of a joke. 

Bumble is very similar to Tinder, but it doesn't have the same reputation as a hookup app. 
  • AngelineAngeline planting seedsCategory Moderator** Posts: 14,501
    Tinder may be a hookup app, but women are still women. Usually "no spark" means they aren't attracted, or more likely in your case don't see a future with you. If you're pretty blatantly NSA they might move on once they realize you're for real about that.

A lot of women may not want to settle down right away, but they will still react negatively on a lizard level when they realize this isn't ever going to evolve into something more. They're open to that, you aren't - understandable and totally OK, but it's also OK for them to want the chance of something more.
    "Speak your truth." - Scarlet
    Remember to play!
    Do the right thing, whether anyone is watching or not.
    Be married, until you are not.

Email address: angeline.greenwood@att.net
    TenneesomanychickensHannelore
  • never_againnever_again CanadaSilver Member Posts: 1,372
    "No hookups" is the good girl, anti-slut defence.  She can say it, but if it happens she has plausible deniability.  

I related a while back a date I had with a woman where she straight up offered me a blowjob (thank you very much!) and was gushing by text about how she told her son about this great guy she met (presumably leaving out that she'd blown me). 

The next day she texted that she wasn't into me.  C'est la vie.
    The man who gives his woman everything ends up with nothing. Not even the woman.
    TenneeMiddleMan
    It's clear that I'm assuming a level of rationality that just isn't there, too. 
  • AngelineAngeline planting seedsCategory Moderator** Posts: 14,501
    Or, you're not bringing the intensity, and they've got nothing to connect to.
    "Speak your truth." - Scarlet
    Remember to play!
    Do the right thing, whether anyone is watching or not.
    Be married, until you are not.

Email address: angeline.greenwood@att.net
    somanychickensScarletJellyBean
  • Like_WaterLike_Water United StatesMember Posts: 167
    I have no experience with short-term hookups, but this sounds to me like we are expecting some kind of magical connection to be made instantly.  Sounds ironically like blue-pill romanticism to me--"You'll know when you've found the perfect person because there will be magic."

I have no advice about what is going on with these women, only a caution that you not expect some kind of instantaneous connection with the right woman based on magical sex.
    MiddleManTenneeEightbit