How long did you go without and not get pissy?

Comments

• HappyTrailHappyTrail MidWestSilver Member Posts: 453

@Kiche

Angeline: the last time we had sex was Jan 12.

I call BS. Don't rewrite history. 

Jan 15th from your other thread. It was written on the 15th but I said sex was on Tues. Tues was the 12th. I have a calendar of it all. Sex was on the 7th, 8th, 10th and 12th.

And I find it kinda weirdly interesting you're willing to give your teeth more time (mentioned in your first Map thread) and space to adjust than your wife. Its a 15 month program, I don't have a choice. (Well, I can choose to NOT correct my teeth). Please tell me you aren't suggesting I accept 15 months of no-touch marriage

No offense taken. I'm not trying to place blame - just that I'm not seeing a light at the end of the tunnel. Thoughts keep creeping in about planning an exit strategy. I guess I need to trust those of you who are saying you think "I'm so close" even though it looks a million miles away.

@amblrgirl I think I need to correct an answer from last night. My map thread began Nov 2014. So that would put me at just under 1 1/2 yrs, not 2. I was trying to answer from memory and reply via my phone last night - sorry. And I'm still laughing at your road trip example :)
    amblrgirlAngeline
  • HildaCornersHildaCorners Winter? You call *that* winter?Gold Women Posts: 3,377
    What phase of the MAP do you think you are in?

It sounds like you're getting close to a Phase 4 statement of expectations. You're getting as mad as hell, and not going to take it any more.

You have the MAP book? If so, review how to conduct a SoE and file the info in your mind ... then, when the SoE moment happens (it's often unplanned), you can tell her your expectations with respect.

Like women with Lazy Bear husbands, it may take going all the way to Phase 6 before your wife understands the full consequence of a sexless marriage. You need to understand that you're in for a long slog until that day ... your MAPping can speed the process, but only to a point. Deal with it.

By the way, to give a straight answer to your title question ... a lot longer than you, and I'm not pissy.

Enneagram 5w4.  I'm researching what that means, before designing t-shirt art about it.

"I feel no shame in making lavish use of the strongest muscles, namely male ones (but my own strongest muscle is dedicated to the service of men - noblesse oblige). I don't begrudge men one whit of their natural advantages as long as they respect mine. I am not an unhappy pseudomale; I am female and like it that way." RAH
  • SaigoTakamoriSaigoTakamori FLSilver Member Posts: 3,075
    edited March 31
    Happy,

Know what you want and go get it.
    You come off in your posts writing style as low value, Perhps that is how you intereact in person.  Confidence Is Sexy.

You are NOT projecting confidence.  Therfore....no sexyum for you

Go watch the videos
    Sweat More...bitch less
    Fate favors the prepared.

@HildaCorners

What phase of the MAP do you think you are in? I'd call myself Ph. 3

It sounds like you're getting close to a Phase 4 statement of expectations. You're getting as mad as hell, and not going to take it any more.

You have the MAP book? If so, review how to conduct a SoE and file the info in your mind ... then, when the SoE moment happens (it's often unplanned), you can tell her your expectations with respect. Yes, two books and the video series. I'll take your advice

Like women with Lazy Bear husbands, it may take going all the way to Phase 6 before your wife understands the full consequence of a sexless marriage. You need to understand that you're in for a long slog until that day ... your MAPping can speed the process, but only to a point. Deal with it.

By the way, to give a straight answer to your title question ... a lot longer than you, and I'm not pissy. You and my wife have a lot in common! And a lot less testosterone! :)

• HildaCornersHildaCorners Winter? You call *that* winter?Gold Women Posts: 3,377
    I'm not sure I have much in common with her where it matters ... I want sex badly, though not enough to have it with a man I'm not attracted to. [I'm currently single, that explains a lot.]

If she is like me, and would like to have sex but isn't attracted ... well, that's something you can work on.

Enneagram 5w4.  I'm researching what that means, before designing t-shirt art about it.

"I feel no shame in making lavish use of the strongest muscles, namely male ones (but my own strongest muscle is dedicated to the service of men - noblesse oblige). I don't begrudge men one whit of their natural advantages as long as they respect mine. I am not an unhappy pseudomale; I am female and like it that way." RAH
    CartB4Horse
  • SaigoTakamoriSaigoTakamori FLSilver Member Posts: 3,075
    Happy,

That is fantastic. My point is : You Are Not getting the results you want?

1)Why?

2) Go Get It

Sounds to me like....You drive down the field (ba bam)...you are getting into the red zone(Ba Bam)........going 3 downs and kicking the field goal.(ba ba bum)
    Sweat More...bitch less
    Fate favors the prepared.

@Angeline Coasting, really?  I can't take the time to spell them out (nor would you want to read it all) but you have no idea how many 'improved self' things I did just the past few days alone. 

Spending time in a large public venue made me realize what out of shape, inconsiderate, obnoxious slobs many people are. I'm not even 'hot' and I still probably ranked in the top 2% there. Even with my current short-comings its dumbfounding to understand how I'm so repulsive to her. It is what it is. I frankly don't care anymore. I'm going to assume I will never regain intimacy with her. No more seeking it or being hopeful.  No more trying to give a kiss and getting pushed away. No more planning romantic things just to be turned down. I just get kicked harder in the nuts every time I try. 

wishful_thinkingDaddyOh
  • Crash34Crash34 Silver Member Posts: 44
    It's frustrating, I know but relax a little bit, take a step back and check your frame here. Cocky and funny is a great frame, but Arrogant and Angry... not so much. Dont worry about being awesome for the sake of everyone else to notice. Be awesome because its awesome. If you're planning romantic evenings and getting shot down, you're probably giving off the vibe that sex is the only reason you planned it in the first place. A quiet confidence speaks volumes. There is no need for Superman to tell everyone how Super he is, and he certainly doesn't get irritated when they don't notice!
    JellyBeanKatt
  • maverickmaverick Member Posts: 471

I frankly don't care anymore. I'm going to assume I will never regain intimacy with her. No more seeking it or being hopeful.  No more trying to give a kiss and getting pushed away. No more planning romantic things just to be turned down. I just get kicked harder in the nuts every time I try. 

You can use that frustration to bump back hard.  I wouldn't really put a lot of effort into 'romantic' things if she is not feeling 'romantic' with you.  There is sort of an order to this where you bump back, detach, then leave (primer).  Nice guys will go straight for blow up.  It's okay, she's going to get fucking mad when you bump back.  Emotionally prepare yourself for it.
    TenneeTPokeCartB4Horse

@Leticia

what are your REDS at the moment? What are you doing about them? How much do you think they are impacting your wife's attraction? In my MAP thread

I know it can be hard, but you have to get out of the angry fog you're in. Because boy, are you pissed. Honestly, I've been following your story for a while, and you did not sound this angry when you started posting here.

In a way, it makes perfect sense. After a very long time without sex, you got some, you finally started making progress... and now it's gone again. I see your anger as coming from despair at the idea of going back to how it used to be. I honestly sympathize, but it's just not helpful.  True.

At the same time, if a bunch of strangers that cannot even see you or hear your voice can sense your anger... how much of it do you think your wife can see? The anger set in after we got home. Busy unpacking and then all going to bed. I only slept a few hours with all this racing in my mind. Back to the daily rat-race the following day so we've barely seen each other - she hasn't seen any of it.

I think it's normal and healthy that you want your wife to know you're dissatisfied with the amount of sex in your marriage. What is not healthy is that you still blame her. I don't know if blame is the right word. I'm more disappointed. I'm a better person than when we dated, yet she was attracted to me then and not now. Income has quadrupled, much better physical shape, dress and groom better, am more confident and a better leader, etc. I cant think of one area that has digressed, yet 25 yrs ago she would kiss me and sit close to me, have quickies in crazy places, even an occasional BJ (taboo now). I guess the biggest difference is now we both have more responsibilities and less free time. This is why I now question how any more improvement on my part will create a 180 turn around. If I'm 90% improved (or whatever) and still sexless, how would the last 10% really matter? Yet I keep busting my ass trying to 'get' all this.

From your statements on this thread alone, it seems that:

1. Your MAP is a covert contract. 
    2. Deep down, you still believe your wife has the obligation to fuck you regardless of her level of attraction or external factors that may affect her desire. 
    3. You think 'assuming good intentions' is for fools who want to get taken advantage of. 
    Insightful. I believe you unpacked it quite well. thanks

wishful_thinkingshibari