Weights for over 50, my experience

2»

Comments

• EinManEinMan Silver Member Posts: 638
    Well I went through another round of pain and realized that it was not the bench pressing, but the curls that were hurting my shoulders.  I'm not rocking back and forth, I'm standing absolutely still, but that seemed to make a difference.  Last night, I put 2 x 25's on the barbell and had no issues. I'll raise it cautiously.  I was up to 40 on each side last year.  Good work @ffp20; I went from a 38 to a 34. I have yet to get to squats - knees and lower back caution, but like you and nubby, I love it and want to continue
    I did 3 sets of 10 and 1 set of 7 reps with 35lbs on each side bench press today.  Still no injuries after spacing my arms out more tucking my elbows in to my body and not going all the way down to my chest.  I did 7 and then 3 pull ups too.  I feel great and will increase to 40 next week.  After that I intend to get on to more muscle groups.
    SignorePillolaRossa
    I did 1x7, 1x6 and 1x4 with 45lbs on each side with no injuries or pain.  I was able to improve my incorrect technique and it made all the difference. I will increase 5lbs per side next week.
    SignorePillolaRossa
  • SignorePillolaRossaSignorePillolaRossa mid atlantic usaSilver Member Posts: 4,079
    great !!

i am up to 110 for 5x5 in bench ... not great, but at least its improving
    will try for 115 next time
    Sr. PR

============================
    sapere aude

Fuck Culture. Live your life - Beatrice
    ============================
    wow, that's awesome.  I assume the trainer is making sure your form is correct.  The deadlift seems it would feel amazing. I'll have to get a trainer before I attempt that.  Today I did 35 on each side, 10, 8, 8, 10. When I get to 50 reps, I'll add more weight. Meanwhile, I can feel all my muscles working and no painful shoulders after.
    SignorePillolaRossa