New Video Series: Nice Card Mean Card

Athol_KayAthol_Kay My Underground LairPosts: 8,046
edited April 26 in The New Forum 101

And here's the series I was working on shortly before I almost kicked the bucket from a heart attack last month.

It's 36 short videos, coming to just under four hours of total video. You can watch the first few videos for free on Vimeo.

One of the things that is clearly noticeable by everyone coming to the forum, is that we have all at some point run into the problem of weak personal boundaries and having someone run over the top of us and take advantage of the situation.

Or put another way, we played the Nice Card and they played the Mean Card. Repeat that cycle a few times and relationships can quickly stop being fun.

This series is about learning a simple, clear tool that cuts through the uncertainty of whether or not someone is trying to take advantage of you, and gives you an equally straightforward solution as to what to do about it.

You'll learn how to spot and handle incoming Mean Cards in real time, and learn how to encourage people to play more Nice Cards in your direction. All without needing to become unpleasant yourself.

NCMC Cover Final

Vimeo Hosting

Vimeo is the retailer and hosting the videos. You will need to have a Vimeo membership to buy (or rent) the videos. Vimeo membership is free and signing up is a snap. The Vimeo FAQ for buying is at https://vimeo.com/help/faq/watching-videos/vimeo-on-demand-purchases.

Please Leave a Comment on the Vimeo Pages

As a final request, please leave comments on the Vimeo sales pages themselves. There's been some very positive comments about the videos on the forum, but they would be a huge benefit if you can also say something on the Vimeo sales page.

And thank you to everyone who has been so supportive as we've pushed this project ahead.

All 36 episodes are live! Click here!

One Hour Call   12-Week Guided MAP

"The turnaround is tremendous.  And I'm lifting weights, eating better, and tackling projects.  I have all this great energy without a vampire sucking my life force.  :)  He's a lot stronger standing on his own two feet, as well."  - Scarlet

shibariAngelineMariafrillyfunBlackwulfCharlieScarletWinterJellyBeanMrsJonTenneeRorschachPatienceHildaCornersIrishGypsy_ioamblrgirlSerenitySallyManderSaigoTakamoriJemStone[Deleted User]VerethragnaBourneAgainBlueWolfShepardSmashmaster

Comments

• Athol_KayAthol_Kay My Underground LairPosts: 8,046
    And issues resolved. Should be all set now.

"The turnaround is tremendous.  And I'm lifting weights, eating better, and tackling projects.  I have all this great energy without a vampire sucking my life force.  :)  He's a lot stronger standing on his own two feet, as well."  - Scarlet

AngelineshibariMaterStellie
  • IrishGypsyIrishGypsy UKSilver Member Posts: 407
    Watched first episode then immediately bought the series. I also like how they're much shorter in length. Hasn't always been easy to fit in 50min videos into a day from the wife series.
    SallyManderAthol_KayJellyBean
  • RebornReborn LondonGold Men Posts: 2,987
    Yes, ditto that, I've bought the series, like the short format
    Enneagram type 5 w6. 
    If I offer lots of advice, it's probably really me giving advice to myself. That always seems to happen. 
    Athol_Kay
  • anonymanonym Silver Member Posts: 418
    edited April 27
    Same. Watched 1st episode. Bought the series. Great stuff! Im glad you are ok @Athol_Kay.
    Athol_KayPatienceSmashmaster
  • SaigoTakamoriSaigoTakamori FLSilver Member Posts: 3,075
    Ba Bam!
    Sweat More...bitch less
    Fate favors the prepared.
    Athol_Kay
  • AlphaBelleAlphaBelle In the South, y'all.Gold Women Zen Garden Posts: 1,863
    No. More. Heart attacks. >.<
    "We must sail--sometimes with the wind and sometimes against it--but we must sail, and not drift or lie at anchor." ~Oliver Wendell Holmes
    Athol_KayVerethragnaJellyBean
  • frillyfunfrillyfun East PodunkGold Women Posts: 3,386
    edited April 28
    I *think* titles may be messed up?  There are two of each episode number, but with different titles.
    frillyfun said:
    I *think* titles may be messed up?  There are two of each episode number, but with different titles.

We discovered a titling error in the first eight episodes shortly after release, which is why we pulled it for several hours.

Because you purchased it before we figured out the error, you can see in your playlist both the original incorrect episodes, and the updated ones. Vimeo's policy is that once you buy a video, you get to keep it no matter what happens.

I've gone back and updated the wrong titles to be called "Removed - [title]" so they are less confusing to skip.

I believe there's a total of two or three people that bought the videos before we caught the error. I'm so sorry for the confusion.

People buying it after the title updating will simply see the correct episodes/titles. 

frillyfun[Deleted User]
  • frillyfunfrillyfun East PodunkGold Women Posts: 3,386
    Gotcha!  No worries- that's the price of being an early adopter.  The up side is that you get the really cool stuff before everyone else, so it's definitely worth it.

Also, I'd gladly buy the .mp3 version for the same price...available on Amazon???  You're always about 25 steps ahead of my marketing brain, but I thought I'd put the idea out there, and beg.  Streaming isn't so hot at my house at the moment.
    Athol_KayJellyBean
  • RPG46RPG46 Mid-AtlanticSilver Member Posts: 172
    Thanks for the videos. I'll be checking them out shortly. 

I was very concerned to hear about the heart attack. Very glad to hear that you're OK. Be well, my best to you Athol. 
    Athol_Kay
    shibari said:
    Bought the vids today. 
    Do you plan to eventually add a low resolution mobile version, just like with the Guide to Wife series? Would help with storage/bandwidth. Well appreciated.
     Don't sweat it, though, will ya?  :)
    I haven't added a mobile version to the MGGTW series. That's through Vimeo somehow.

Angelineshibari
  • RedPillRonRedPillRon New York CityGold Men Posts: 642
    I just made the purchase and look forward to the material.
    Triage Posted here

Athol_Kay
  • maverickmaverick Member Posts: 471
    Just purchased the series.  This is great material.  Thank you Athol.
    Athol_KayPatienceAngeline
  • CrashaxeCrashaxe Partytown, which is wherever I am.Gold Men Posts: 1,243
    I prefer to read the material as I can learn faster than you can talk.

That said, I like the shorter videos much better.

“I’m going to plead with you, do not cross us. Because if you do, the survivors will write about what we do here for 10,000 years.” General James Mattis, USMC

telynifrillyfunUlysses