New Video Series: Nice Card Mean Card

2»

Comments

• BourneAgainBourneAgain Gold Men Zen Garden Posts: 1,660
    Finally bought the vids on Vimeo! :smiley:

I download the SD versions and separate the audio to create mp3s that I then listen to on commutes.

Q: Is there a way to select the SD version on each of the 36 videos and then download all of them at one time?

I'm probably missing something simple but I'm doing it the longhand way by selecting SD on each one and then dowloading each title.

5+ clicks per download x 36 vids is a lot of clicking! Any way to avoid it?

"Keep practicing the behaviors you want to reinforce. You will gradually change the wiring in your brain." - Serenity

"The universe doesn't give you what you ask for with your thoughts; it gives you what you demand with your actions." - Steve Maraboli  (via Rapunzel)

"Choose to enjoy the shit that makes up your life."  - AlphaBelle

• AngelineAngeline planting seedsCategory Moderator** Posts: 14,501
    Can anyone give a step by step lesson in how to save, then separate the audio and save it separately? I'd like to listen at work, but I don't want to use my data plan to listen on Vimeo.
    "Speak your truth." - Scarlet
    Remember to play!
    Do the right thing, whether anyone is watching or not.
    Be married, until you are not.

Email address: angeline.greenwood@att.net
    forestleafJellyBean
    edited June 1
    @Angeline I'm in the middle of this very process right now and am happy to do a step by step.

First question though, do you already have any video or audio software? If so which ones?

The steps will vary depending on the software. Not all audio software will allow you to extract from video.

Also, it varies by operating system too. I'm using old MAC OSX6 and Windows 8. How about you?

"Keep practicing the behaviors you want to reinforce. You will gradually change the wiring in your brain." - Serenity

"The universe doesn't give you what you ask for with your thoughts; it gives you what you demand with your actions." - Steve Maraboli  (via Rapunzel)

I have a new Win 10 laptop with Office 2016. I don't even know what all is included, because I've been buried in a freelance project! I'll find out and start a new topic.
    Remember to play!

edited June 2
    @Angeline , you're probably still busy with that freelance project so here's my best understanding of Win 10 options. 

Until Win 10 most MSoft OS came with Movie Maker. Sadly this stopped with Win 10, sad cos extracting audio from vids in MMaker is so easy.

Fear not cos apparently it is also easy to download and install MM into Win10. Here are some links that might help with that process of getting MMaker onto your new laptop..

1. Quick and to the point video on how to download and install MMaker via Windows Essentials 2012.  His pronunciation is a bit tricky sometimes
    2. Another one but a bit longer.

If you don't like vids, here's my best attempt.
    > Go here.
    > Click Download Now
    > Click on the wlsetup-web.exe in your downloads
    > Click yes to the window asking "Do you want this program to make changes...."
    > In the "What Do You Want To Install" window , click "Choose the programs...."
    > Uncheck the ones you don't want to install, just leaving MMaker (+Picture Manager perhaps bundled together?)
    > Click install.
    > Not sure what other steps you will need to follow from here, sorry. Suggest you visit those video links above if you have any problems with this part.

Next post will be steps need to extract audio from video via MMaker assuming you've completed the installation.

Angeline
    Assuming you now have Movie Maker working on your laptop, here's how to extract the audio into either .m4a or .wma file types (note - not .mp3, sadly).

> Go to your Vimeo account where you have purchased your NCMC vids.
    > Next to each title, e.g. "Defining The Cards" (Ep 3) there is a blue and a green icon.
    > Click the green one to download it to your computer.
    > There is also a down arrow which gives you the option of downloading the Higher or Standard  quality. I choose SD on the (possibly incorrect) basis that it saves space on my computer, and is possibly quicker as a smaller file.
    > Click Save File, rather then opening it. It is now in your downloads section on your computer.

Here's what I do next.
    > Drag and drop the mp4 video file from my downloads and onto my desktop.
    > Copy and paste a spare version onto my desktop, in case I mess up the next process somehow - but that's just me being cautious.
    > Right click the video icon on my desktop.
    > Open With - Movie Maker.
    > In MM, go to File
    > Save Movie
    > In the pane to the right that says Recommended Setting at the top, you need to scroll down till you see Audio Only settings.
    > Click on Audio Only
    > In the Save Movie window, give the (soon to be) audio file a name - I use ATHOL NCMC EP3
    > Under "Save As Type" you can select either MPEG4-AAC Audio File or Windows Media Audio File

The file is now an audio file as an m4a or wma, sitting on your desktop for you to drag and drop, copy or export into whatever device you want to use that accepts them.

NB: If however you really want the file as an mp3, rather than m4a or wma, it looks like this option (Save As mp3) is no longer available in WMP. It now looks like you would need to experiment with downloading an mp3 converter. I read somewhere that RealPlayer will convert m4a into mp3 but don't quote me.  Also, according to this link, iTunes can do it in both Win and Mac.

Hope all this helps.

AngelineTennee
    Awesome, thanks @BourneAgain!
    Remember to play!

• RicoRico ArribaSilver Member Posts: 1,284
    I use dBpoweramp to quickly convert video to audio.  It's $15 or so for the registered version, but comes with a free 21 day trial - https://dbpoweramp.com/dmc.htm

Install it, right-click on the file(s) you want to convert, select "Convert To", select MP3 from the settings dropdown at the top, then click "Convert."

AngelineShepard
  • LinguisticDreamsLinguisticDreams Member Posts: 4
    Legs said:
    These videos have been incredibly helpful. Thank you. Tying these in with "Ways She Fights Dirty" have been perfect medicine for my relationship. 
    What is "Ways She Fights Dirty"?
  • RebornReborn LondonGold Men Posts: 2,987
    I think it's one of the episodes of "married man's guide to wife" videos
    Enneagram type 5 w6. 
    If I offer lots of advice, it's probably really me giving advice to myself. That always seems to happen. 
  • Athol_KayAthol_Kay My Underground LairPosts: 8,046
    edited June 9
    Legs said:
    These videos have been incredibly helpful. Thank you. Tying these in with "Ways She Fights Dirty" have been perfect medicine for my relationship. 
    What is "Ways She Fights Dirty"?

https://vimeo.com/ondemand/marriedguycompleteseries/134570450

Episode 13.  14

One Hour Call   12-Week Guided MAP

"The turnaround is tremendous.  And I'm lifting weights, eating better, and tackling projects.  I have all this great energy without a vampire sucking my life force.  :)  He's a lot stronger standing on his own two feet, as well."  - Scarlet

• LittlejoeLittlejoe TexasSilver Member Posts: 151
    Episode 14 isn't it?
  • Athol_KayAthol_Kay My Underground LairPosts: 8,046
    Littlejoe said:
    Episode 14 isn't it?

Yup.

One Hour Call   12-Week Guided MAP

"The turnaround is tremendous.  And I'm lifting weights, eating better, and tackling projects.  I have all this great energy without a vampire sucking my life force.  :)  He's a lot stronger standing on his own two feet, as well."  - Scarlet

Beatrice