What are we wearing this summer?

So I've started to pay way more attention to how I dress, and making sure things fit me correctly and it's been a great improvement. When it comes to summer, I wanted to start a thread where guys can post the types of things you like to wear. Let's talk shirts, shorts, and footwear.  Posting links to the actual products you've bought recently would be really helpful. 

Whatcha' got?  

Comments

• FluffheadFluffhead USMember Posts: 23
    What are the thoughts on short sleeve Henleys in the summer?  This is an inexpensive example, but what do you think of this style in general? 

http://www.amazon.com/Doublju-Mens-Henley-T-shirts-Sleeve/dp/B00BTO3FQW
    JellyBean
  • TemplarTemplar WashingtonSilver Member Posts: 3,371
    Style looks good - important things are fit (shouldn't be loose) and picking a good color for you.
  • ozzyozzy TX USAGold Men Posts: 996
    Yeah..those seem good.  Fit is important.  Don't buy an oversized one, get one that fits right.  I am either a Medium or Large, depending on the brand, I'm right in the middle, so I always try them on to be sure.  Sometimes the Medium is too small, but the large size has sleeves that nearly reach my elbow, so neither one works.

Maybe it's just me, but if I didn't buy another Polo/Golf type shirt again I could probably be ok with that.  

I wish I saw more single color short sleeve oxford type button up shirts, those seem to work for me pretty well.  

I'm no style icon, so YMMV, but I'm not a fan of:

Shorts I see so many guys wearing, the ones that run way down to or past your knees. 

Same with swim trunks.  I'm not saying you gotta get a speedo, but don't wear swim shorts so long they would be called capris on a woman lol

When I was fatter I used to cover myself up, wearing XL t-shirts because I was so round in the middle.  Now that I'm 20 lbs better, I can wear L or M.  Another 15-20 and it'll be all Mediums probably.

There used to be a good mens threads thread, but I think it disappeared along with its starter a while back.

DaddyOh
    Good post. Thanks.  I'm a little surprised there isn't more discussion on this one. You guys must have your summer style all figured out. Ha.
    Templar
  • TemplarTemplar WashingtonSilver Member Posts: 3,371
    I also wear the short sleeve collared, button up shirts from Wrangler. Always looks a little dressier than the average tshirt guy.
  • maverickmaverick Member Posts: 471
    I've been going the other way lately.  Plain white tshirt with black denim, both a size too small.
    MagnumforestleafWinter
    Templar said:
    maverick said:
    I've been going the other way lately.  Plain white tshirt with black denim, both a size too small.
    When you have the biggest shoulders and lats in the room, you already are dressed up - the clothes are just for modesty :-P
    Muscles are their own form of peacocking.  Got to rock the small t-shirt for maximum effect.
    TemplarWinterRorschach
  • DaddyOhDaddyOh CTGold Men Posts: 1,589
    Templar said:
    maverick said:
    When you have the biggest shoulders and lats in the room, you already are dressed up - the clothes are just for modesty :-P
    Agree. You look at Men's Health Mag covers, it's guys rocking a Tshirt and jeans. 
    The whole concept of looking good is to stand out without being distracting.
    "How vain it is to sit down and write when you have not stood up to live."
    TemplarWinterAngelineElise
  • MrGrimmMrGrimm Silver Member Posts: 971
    Fluffhead said:
    Good post. Thanks.  I'm a little surprised there isn't more discussion on this one. You guys must have your summer style all figured out. Ha.
    We still have three months until summer here.  :)
    EliseDaddyOhUnBetaMefrillyfun
  • nubbynubby Right HereSilver Member Posts: 1,964
    I like bright, solid color t shirts but also have a few black t's and white t's as well.  Since losing weight and gaining muscle, I have gone from wearing large (tent) to wearing a small. I have found medium fits the shoulders well but is still a little baggy around the midsection. 

Wearing a a small shows a little padding around the mid section but highlights the new found muscle in my shoulders and makes my arms stand out a bit more. 

I have a couple very light long sleeve t's I'll wear on cooler evenings in small but they are a little uncomfortable. My biceps are 15" (working on that) but my forearms are just over 13". I find that the long sleeves are a little too tight on my forearms (I think I'm some kind of freak).

All my shorts (mostly khaki/cargo)are too big in the waist and although I can wear a belt, I would rather not. I will be looking for better (read, more form fitting) shorts in the upcoming weeks. 

As for footwear, I have no fashion sense whatsoever. I really need help in this area. Any takers??
    @nubby I'm struggling with shoes for summer. It's warm for boots.  I've got some leather colored boat type shoes. They seemed to dress up shorts a little .  I may try some converse for my jeans.
    nubby said:
    I like bright, solid color t shirts but also have a few black t's and white t's as well.  Since losing weight and gaining muscle, I have gone from wearing large (tent) to wearing a small. I have found medium fits the shoulders well but is still a little baggy around the midsection. 

Wearing a a small shows a little padding around the mid section but highlights the new found muscle in my shoulders and makes my arms stand out a bit more. 

I have a couple very light long sleeve t's I'll wear on cooler evenings in small but they are a little uncomfortable. My biceps are 15" (working on that) but my forearms are just over 13". I find that the long sleeves are a little too tight on my forearms (I think I'm some kind of freak).

All my shorts (mostly khaki/cargo)are too big in the waist and although I can wear a belt, I would rather not. I will be looking for better (read, more form fitting) shorts in the upcoming weeks. 

As for footwear, I have no fashion sense whatsoever. I really need help in this area. Any takers??
    I agree. Please share examples of shoes and shorts.
    MiddleMan
  • amblrgirlamblrgirl ATXSilver Member Posts: 1,328

My favorites on men in shorts are the slip-on plimsolls, moccasins, and boat shoes. Sandals are only acceptable for pool/lake/beach imo.

amblrgirltx@gmail.com
    Fitocracy: atxchick

Enneagram 6w5, married to a 5
    Rico
  • EliseElise Gold Women Posts: 478
    I agree with Amblrgirl on the Plimsolls as the top choice. I think leather sandals can be appropriate in casual environments (not just waterfront). I am also a fan of canvas sneakers when wearing the right style short (like golf shorts).

None of these should be ratty and gross though, and for god's sake, PLEASE use sneaker balls if you wear them without the little socks. Smelly feet and shoes are just super unattractive. 
    HildaCorners
    @Elise ;said:
    I agree with Amblrgirl on the Plimsolls as the top choice. I think leather sandals can be appropriate in casual environments (not just waterfront). I am also a fan of canvas sneakers when wearing the right style short (like golf shorts).

None of these should be ratty and gross though, and for god's sake, PLEASE use sneaker balls if you wear them without the little socks. Smelly feet and shoes are just super unattractive. 
    What's a sneaker ball? 

Also plimsolls > canvas shoes?  What about with jeans?  What color is preferable?

I don't feel old enough to wear penny loafers or moccasins.
    RorschachAngelinePen_and_Sword