Time Management Software

HildaCornersHildaCorners Winter? You call *that* winter?Gold Women Posts: 3,377
Lots of us have our own businesses, do freelance work, or otherwise need to track our time. I'm starting this thread as a perennial spot for time management strategy and ideas. I'll start with one of my own.

I've never liked time tracking software ... it's usually complicated, needing you to open a web page, figure out projects/tasks in advance, set billing rates, etc. I don't need this ... just a timer that lets me add my current task name & project on the fly. I finally found one!

It's called Toggl  https://www.toggl.com/ ; For what I need, it's completely free. [I'm not getting anything for promoting them, either.] They have a cloud system, but also have apps for all major devices. The app is nice and simple: type in what you're doing, click the Go button, then click the Stop button when you're done. It keeps lists of your projects, and you can select one of them instead of typing.

There are lots of other features, including managing groups and rates, creating pretty reports ... some of these need a paid subscription. I'm not going to bother.

Enneagram 5w4.  I'm researching what that means, before designing t-shirt art about it.

"I feel no shame in making lavish use of the strongest muscles, namely male ones (but my own strongest muscle is dedicated to the service of men - noblesse oblige). I don't begrudge men one whit of their natural advantages as long as they respect mine. I am not an unhappy pseudomale; I am female and like it that way." RAH
SallyManderMrsJonamblrgirl[Deleted User]Roses