High Value Display with risk or Head Down and MAP?

AlphamanAlphaman Silver Member Posts: 55
Need help and advice - situation arisen which could easily lead to phase 4.  

I have been mapping for a little over 6 months, getting more serious and determined at it as I understand more about the process. Anyhow, the wife and I are still not having sex, I have only very occasionally attempted initiation because she is red constantly.  No intimacy since jan. 2015, a few months prior to that the time before. So I am bloody desperate for it. But have to be cool and alpha and OI about rejection. Easier said than done. 

In brief, big argument last year where she tells me she is never going to have sex with me again. She made some comment after that about us working well as a team (family unit) - meaning that she wanted to stay together in a sexless marriage for the children. I didn't respond at the time because I was just so speechless / dumbfounded. Anyway I put it down to drink / anger, me not being attractive enough and ticking all the boxes etc. So I have been working hard on myself and trying to MAP myself into too Mr too awesome to refuse.

Now after last night, I initiated and she was not into it at all, and asked me what I was doing. Holding my tongue from blurting out something like "What does it f@*king look like " I just tell her "I am going to have sex - does that seem so odd that a man wants to have sex with his wife?". She told me No not now, and made reference to the conversation from the past about never having sex again. Again my mental state was torn asunder, emotionally I was double hurt from the rejection of the attempt also the implication of it all. So rather than be all OI and just turn over and read, I blew up telling her that she can not just expect things to be like that, she needs to communicate with me (she said thought she had) because this is my life that is passing by not just a f@8king computer game.  Told her that it was not acceptable, I did not agree to a sexless marriage and she needs to sort her self out and clearly communicate with me.
We lay awake for a while, did have a gentle little light cuddle but no conversation about it.
This morning she gave me a kiss (well quick peck) before heading out for work this morning and said have a lovely day.

My question and about which advice I need to help my decision:

Should I raise it again tonight when she is home from work, and potentially cause an ultimatum ( which is probably overdue anyway)

OR

just really push hard with being great Dad, rip the abs even more, throw myself into being super social and just MAP my way back into her sexual affections?  

OR

I am tempted to just take her out for a drink tonight and just explain to her what my expectations are for a relationship, family life and our future together.. Of course including many things that I need to improve and step up to the plate on as well.  If she can not or will not at least work with me towards them then as far as I am concerned it is over.

We have only a few hours now before she is home so please any advice would be great asap. 

Comments

• frillyfunfrillyfun East PodunkGold Women Posts: 3,386
    Where are you on a leave plan?  If you don't have a rock solid one then STFU, and MAP.  Six months of running a MAP, and bad frame aren't enough to get you where you want to go IMHO.
    DaddyOhScarletLadyOrTheTygerHildaCorners
  • frillyfunfrillyfun East PodunkGold Women Posts: 3,386
    Anyway I put it down to drink / anger, me not being attractive enough and ticking all the boxes etc. So I have been working hard on myself and trying to MAP myself into too Mr too awesome to refuse.

You didn't mention this in your triage.  Do you lose frame often?  What's the situation with the drinking?
    AngelineScarletHowlAtTheMoon
  • AlphamanAlphaman Silver Member Posts: 55
    My leave plan is not complete but is getting more detailed, certainly not rock solid.  Clear concise advice. Thankyou :)  
    1. I meant drink / anger at her telling me she would never have sex again that night when we had our argument. Not an anger / drink issue generally.
    I should explain further - my wife and I had consumed a few and were in an argument. Both raising voices and being 'angry', and in the inebriated heat of the moment she said things which she didn't fully mean. In no way was I meaning I was being angry towards her, in an abusive way. Just a heated argument.

mrsozzy
  • sf64sf64 Střední Evropa na chvíliSilver Member Posts: 1,997
    Alphaman,

I know you are struggling and the lack of sex can be soul crushing.  But there is a fundamental truth you are trying to avoid.

It is IMPOSSIBLE to make your wife sexually attracted to you with words.  You can talk with her, reason with her, beg her and so on.  None of that is going to create sexual attraction.

You have to become a man that in the primitive parts of her brain, she MUST have sex with.  The primitive part of her brain needs to be screaming..... MUST MAKE BABIES.

Being a great dad and father isn't going to turn her on.  

You have a 20 year pattern of behavior with her.  That is not going to be turned around in 6 months.  I'm not trying to depress you, but this is a marathon, not a sprint.

A few years ago, I wrote a post called "The Bedroom Comes Last."  Yes, Last is perhaps over stated.  You don't have to fix everything else before you MIGHT see improvement in the bedroom, but REAL improvement in the bedroom comes late in the improvement process, not early.

Note - If you a FO with a Lazy Bear or Low-T husband, ignore everything I say. It probably doesn't apply
    "As he works on his MAP, he's going to do things that piss you off. He has to."  - Steu2817
    "In a world of Alpha's there is no peace for anyone.....welcome to Somalia enjoy your stay" - Highlander2

wishful_thinkingHildaCorners
  • DaddyOhDaddyOh CTGold Men Posts: 1,589
    frillyfun said:
    Where are you on a leave plan?  If you don't have a rock solid one then STFU, and MAP.  Six months of running a MAP, and bad frame aren't enough to get you where you want to go IMHO.
    ^^^^Yes. 
    Six months is nothing. 
    Have a back up plan for every rump rejection (i.e. "Ok, no worries, your loss" and head to another room). 

With so many months in sexless marriage under your belt, I'm surprised youre still so worked up (verbally and visually) about this. Outcome Independence is the key.
    "How vain it is to sit down and write when you have not stood up to live."
  • ScarletScarlet Category Moderator** Posts: 7,542
    We can never give good advice in a vacuum.  How is your whole MAP going? 
    Speak your truth. 
    Athol_Kay
  • LadyOrTheTygerLadyOrTheTyger EarthSilver Member Posts: 892
    Alphaman said:
    Need help and advice - situation arisen which could easily lead to phase 4.  

just really push hard with being great Dad, rip the abs even more, throw myself into being super social and just MAP my way back into her sexual affections? 

Abs and being social are the low-hanging fruit for you.  Is she still the primary provider?
    SignorePillolaRossafrillyfun
    Thank you all. All taken on board, just a bit of a wobble and I know that I am not at phase three yet, no I'm not the primary provider yet (getting closer), and yes the abs and social life etc are lower fruit. Needed your immediate advice, because I know that mapping as I am, (enjoying the changes I might add), I know it will take time. I am however also trying to No FAP which as you can imagine is testing me- not succeeding too well!

Any advice on No FAP when not getting any at all?
  • MangueMangue FranceMember Posts: 74
    Be an Alpha and make your own decision.
    And "blowing up" can be better than keeping his head down because you show that you stand up for yourself. That said it's even better to stand up with his selfcontrol.
  • CharlieCharlie Earthquake country Silver Member Posts: 442
    Agree. No fap in this situation is just torture.