New date etiquette

never_againnever_again CanadaSilver Member Posts: 1,372
Met a woman, went out once, had a blast, she did, too.  

She's going out with a gf tomorrow to a comedy show, and there's dancing after.  Her friend will leave after the comedy show and she asked me to meet her to dance.

First time in forever that I'm going dancing with a woman.  I go to a lot of singles dances and meet women there, but this is the first time I'm going to a dance with a woman as a couple and it's at a club, not a singles dance.  

She's hot.  Seriously hot.  Says she's wearing a mini tomorrow.  I'm expecting other guys to come up and ask her to dance.  How do I handle it?  

Frankly, my plan is to keep her on the floor as much as I can myself, simply because I like dancing and I'm sure I'll like dancing with her.  But I waver between mate-guarding (I know, I just met her) or letting her decide if she wants to dance with someone else.  One seems possessive asshole at this point and the other seems beta chump (sure, take my woman).
The man who gives his woman everything ends up with nothing. Not even the woman.

Comments

• never_againnever_again CanadaSilver Member Posts: 1,372
    @LadyOrTheTyger Perfect!  Exactly what I was looking for.  I thought she should decline but was worried that it was DLV if I left it to her to do it, rather than sending the guy on his way myself.
    The man who gives his woman everything ends up with nothing. Not even the woman.
  • NeverSleptOnTheCouchNeverSleptOnTheCouch Silver Member Posts: 432
    On the other hand, why put such constraints on a new girl. Let her act herself, and know right away if she is into you 
  • EANxEANx Local GroupSilver Member Posts: 509
    I gave you an awesome on the breakfast but it comes with the caveat that a person (her) who leaves someone they have dated twice (you), alone in their home for an extended period (more than 5 min in the bathroom), bears watching as someone who might want to move a relationship rather quickly.
    @EANx, agreed.  Already have her flagged as a fast-mover and will act accordingly.

Also passed the "would you shave your beard if I asked you" fitness test.
    Tennee
  • AklattleAklattle Silver Member Posts: 127
    edited July 4
    @EANx, agreed.  Already have her flagged as a fast-mover and will act accordingly.

Also passed the "would you shave your beard if I asked you" fitness test.
    What did you say? 
  • RebornReborn LondonGold Men Posts: 2,987
    Or "would you shave your ***** if I asked you?" ?
    Enneagram type 5 w6. 
    If I offer lots of advice, it's probably really me giving advice to myself. That always seems to happen. 
    amblrgirlCowboy
    So Betty Boop has done a bit of indoor rock climbing.  She's a bit competitive.  Said she could kick my butt.  Wants to bet on it.

I've never done it but always like to try something new.  She said loser shaves their beard.  Since she doesn't have one, I said she needs to try AS.

Mistake?  Will I take an alpha hit if I lose (can't really gauge my odds)?  

I'm not worried about losing, just wondering if it will be a DLV if I do.
  • AngelineAngeline planting seedsCategory Moderator** Posts: 14,501
    Not if you can toss her over your shoulder and carry her to bed
    "Speak your truth." - Scarlet
    Remember to play!
    Do the right thing, whether anyone is watching or not.
    Be married, until you are not.

Email address: angeline.greenwood@att.net
  • AngelineAngeline planting seedsCategory Moderator** Posts: 14,501
    (With sneaky smile) "Gettin' kinda lippy there, missy. Gonna have to give you a spanking."
    "Speak your truth." - Scarlet
    Remember to play!
    Do the right thing, whether anyone is watching or not.
    Be married, until you are not.

Email address: angeline.greenwood@att.net
    Actually, on our first date I mused that I could lift her over my head.  She asked what I would do if I did.  I said "Carry you to the bed."

And we've discussed the spanking for misbehaviours.  She's on board.

Thanks, sounds like I'm checking the right boxes.
    AngelineMiddleManHildaCorners
  • leoslayerleoslayer NCSilver Member Posts: 1,920
    Well I'm late to the party but my view is she can dance with whoever she wants she's still fucking me at the end of the night so IDGAF.

So if a guy asks her and she says yes I don't worry about it. I'm typically one of the best dancers in there so odds are he's going to look bad anyway.
    Actually, she's started coming to my dance lessons with me (and picking it up very fast), so things are going well.

@LadyOrTheTyger she told me she tried AS once in her 20's and hadn't since.  
  • LadyOrTheTygerLadyOrTheTyger EarthSilver Member Posts: 892
    Lol I'm sure she did.  
    thisisjenDaddyOh
    Well, I'm not one to ask permission for various sex so when the time is right I'll go for it.  Much less likely to refuse than if I ask her permission first.
    TenneeCartB4Horse