Strange reaction from wife after first anal play

FromMarsFromMars Member Posts: 111
Apologies in advance if this is too graphic. I'm going to try to get the point across as politely as possible.  I need some insight and advice on why my wife acted the way she did after seeming to really enjoy our first time with anal play.

I've always wanted anal, and really anything to do with my wife's ass. She's always insisted that anal sex is a definite "no, never going to happen." She's also never let me touch the outside of her anus. She's fine with me touching the cheeks, but any time my hand drifts too close to the middle she swats it away. It's not that I try to push this often.  Maybe once or twice a year I'll try to push the boundary and drift my hand a little close during sex and she'll swat my hand away.

Recently this changed. Our sex life has been picking up. I was giving her a back and butt massage with plenty of massage oil, and giving lots of attention to her lower half. Once she was worked up, I started grinding on her ass with my penis (going between the upper cheeks but staying away from the hole) She got really into it and before I knew it she was moaning and grinding back against me and I was sliding back and forth in direct contact with the outside of her anus, which she seemed to love. 

Eventually things escalated to the point of me alternating rubbing the outside of her anus with my fingers and the tip of my penis pretty aggressively (never attempting to penetrate) while I fingered her V with the other hand. She was very turned on, moaning and grinding back against me but occasionally would remind me "don't you dare try to stick anything in there" and I assured her each time that I'd stay outside only.  It seemed at one point that she was so into it that she was even pushing back against me while the tip of my penis was against her anus, trying to make it go in.  I obviously really wanted to take advantage of this but didn't since I had assured her 5 or 6 times that I'd stay on the outside and it wouldn't go in.

She had several O's while we were doing all of this, and we finished by me sliding inside her vaginally from the back and having sex while rubbing her A with my finger, which caused another huge O for her.

Afterwards we both collapsed and I was so happy that we were finally close and comfortable enough to share this together. She on the other hand, got upset and started scolding me, saying I "took advantage of her." She said I got her turned on and then took advantage of that to get something that I knew she didn't want. I pointed out that she seemed to like it just fine - even LOVE it - in the moment, and never gave any indication that she wanted me to stop. She said that she didn't like the anal stimulation, she just liked the other stuff so much that she didn't want to stop, and she was so turned on that she wasn't really thinking about it so she went along with it in the heat of the moment, and that I should have known she didn't want that to happen and not done it. That's obviously nonsense because she started moaning and grinding back against my cock and fingers on her anus even before I ever touched her V.  

My guess is that this is just her trying to hamster away the fact that she got turned on by me playing with her butthole - something she's always insisted was gross and we'd never do. I do want to take it very seriously though because she is saying that I "tricked her into it" and "took advantage" of her and I don't want to be that guy, or for her to even think that I'm that guy.  I'd like some opinions please, especially from the ladies.

I'm also wondering how to approach this in the future. On one hand, it's something that we both really enjoyed - in my estimation the best sexual session we've had in years. I'd certainly like to do it again and I think that underneath it all she would too - at least once we got going. On the other hand, I don't think I should try again based on her reaction afterwards and what she said. I can't imagine what she'd have to say after I "tricked" her into a really enjoyable experience with several orgasms a second time!  Not sure how to proceed here...

Comments

• FromMarsFromMars Member Posts: 111
    Really, I didn't have time to say much at all afterwards before she started in saying the things I listed above. I did tell her that it was incredibly sexy and I loved it, and that I  thought she had too. I certainly never teased her or shamed her about it. I'm not that stupid!  

The way I left it was that I did reassure her that she can always say no and I'll always respect that, but she does have to say it - I have no way of knowing otherwise. I also told her that it's perfectly ok if she did like it. It's nothing to be ashamed of and it will absolutely just stay between us.

It's strange, she didn't really seem super upset or angry - just very firm and wanted to definitely make the point that she didn't want to do that and I had taken advantage of how turned on she was to get her to do something she otherwise wouldn't have done.

I never have, and never will utter the word "hamster" to my wife. I only mentioned it here because it seemed like a term the forum is familiar with that aptly describes what I suspect is going on in this situation - she had a great time and enjoyed it, then was ashamed afterwards and tried to rationalize it away.
    SignorePillolaRossaHusband3point0MiddleManTooEarlyTooLate
  • beribbonedberibboned caMember Posts: 359
    To me the conversation you had with your wife seems helpful. You clarified your positions and tried to understand each other. Some people want to choose what they Will do sexually while they're still playing with a full deck. They want to choose whole-brainedly and to feel good about their choices before, during, and after. I'm  like that so my husband and I talk a lot. 
  • PghJimPghJim Pittsburgh, PAMember Posts: 5
    I may as well be an A-hole and leave my first comment here.   Mars, your wife has a psychological hang up that would take years to unravel.  From experience, I can tell you that the fantasy of having anal sex with a women, is much better than the actual experience, unless you have a women really into and prepared for it.  However, unless one has a skin rash, everyone enjoys having the outside of the anus stimulated.  Your wife was/is being unfair to you and you should stand your ground on what you did, even if it means saying that you do not believe her statement that she did not enjoy it.  I really have not met a women, who knows that you are not going to penetrate, that has not enjoyed the right kind of external stimulation.  Assuming she bathed or washed up there in nothing unsanitary about what you did, or gross.  Not knowing her background, I would just be guessing as to why she said those things, but you  do not have to live in her psychological hang-up.  Again, penetration is different.  For me, I always go for the female weakness when dealing with a hang-up and say something like, all of the other women I have known has really enjoyed external stimulation.  Does she always get that excited by just rubbing her clitoral area with your hand?  If the answer is no, then you are correct.  Promise you will not penetrate, but not that you will always refrain from exterior stimulation.  You enjoy it and you know that it is not physically uncomfortable, so she is being selfish, to her own detriment.  If she loses her excitement when you do it, just stop and do something else. Keep going if it appears to be exciting her.  Although if you are married you should try penetration at least once, but you are far from that now.  Next time use your tongue. 
    LadyOrTheTyger
  • SaigoTakamoriSaigoTakamori FLSilver Member Posts: 3,075
    @PghJim

Posting a Triage  would.be good.

You have some concepts that you are missing. 
    Sweat More...bitch less
    Fate favors the prepared.
    MiddleMan
  • StikkyEbiStikkyEbi Member Posts: 11
    Wife here, it might be that the wife does have issues with accepting what feels good and turns her on because it's out of her comfort zone. I know I dressed up with temporary blonde hair spray, some make up, and a temporary tattoo once for my husband. It kind of freaked me out once I'd had it all put on me because I always swore I was never going to even temporarily dye my hair before I met my husband and I've never been much into makeup. So, dressing kind of slutty on purpose made me really stressed out because in my normal every day life I've always been the good little housewife who cooks, cleans, is book smart, and never takes risks. So, stepping out of my comfort zone even with such temporary stuff was extremely scary even if it made me feel sexy and turned my husband on. It was to the point I felt like crying over such a little thing. I imagine it could be a very similar issue for your wife. She sees herself in a particular light and believes certain things about herself and to have anything shake her beliefs about herself and having to figure out how it fits in with who she is can be very difficult I'm sure. Even if it's not something that's a big deal to you.
    zook
  • PghJimPghJim Pittsburgh, PAMember Posts: 5
    StikkyEbi - I thank you for posting in personal terms what I was saying.  Now people may not think of situations like yours as a psychological hang up, but it is.  That is not meant as a criticism, you recognized your reaction for what they were.  I have not figured out how to reply yet so I will just answer here.  Angeline - I based my response on the information provided, of course some of my experience comes into play.  I used a general term psychological hang up, because there were no physical reasons given, if she would have said you know I do not like that because it hurts, tickles or whatever then it would be different.  Mars does not have a clue as to why his wife is so against it, and unless his wife puts the thought into it that StikkyEbi did, she probably does not know why either.  Of course we do not have all of the information, but I think some discussion may help as to understand why she feels that way, I do not think anything negative was suggested.  Continued external stimulation will allow that discussion to happen.  SaigoTakamori - I guess I am just a bit dense tonight to understand how a French word denoting the ordering of people into three groups for medical treatment applies.  Concepts as always missing, but not knowing what you have in mind does not help.
  • Jen_KayJen_Kay Posts: 374
    Hi @PghJim-  PMing you so as to not completely derail the original thread when I answer your questions
  • JekJek CaliforniaMember Posts: 1,520
    FromMars said:
    Apologies in advance if this is too graphic. I'm going to try to get the point across as politely as possible.  I need some insight and advice on why my wife acted the way she did after seeming to really enjoy our first time with anal play.

I've always wanted anal, and really anything to do with my wife's ass. She's always insisted that anal sex is a definite "no, never going to happen." She's also never let me touch the outside of her anus. She's fine with me touching the cheeks, but any time my hand drifts too close to the middle she swats it away. It's not that I try to push this often.  Maybe once or twice a year I'll try to push the boundary and drift my hand a little close during sex and she'll swat my hand away.

Recently this changed. Our sex life has been picking up. I was giving her a back and butt massage with plenty of massage oil, and giving lots of attention to her lower half. Once she was worked up, I started grinding on her ass with my penis (going between the upper cheeks but staying away from the hole) She got really into it and before I knew it she was moaning and grinding back against me and I was sliding back and forth in direct contact with the outside of her anus, which she seemed to love. 

Eventually things escalated to the point of me alternating rubbing the outside of her anus with my fingers and the tip of my penis pretty aggressively (never attempting to penetrate) while I fingered her V with the other hand. She was very turned on, moaning and grinding back against me but occasionally would remind me "don't you dare try to stick anything in there" and I assured her each time that I'd stay outside only.  It seemed at one point that she was so into it that she was even pushing back against me while the tip of my penis was against her anus, trying to make it go in.  I obviously really wanted to take advantage of this but didn't since I had assured her 5 or 6 times that I'd stay on the outside and it wouldn't go in.

She had several O's while we were doing all of this, and we finished by me sliding inside her vaginally from the back and having sex while rubbing her A with my finger, which caused another huge O for her.

Afterwards we both collapsed and I was so happy that we were finally close and comfortable enough to share this together.

FromMars says,"Baby, you are beautiful"

She on the other hand, got upset and started scolding me, saying I "took advantage of her."

FromMars says,"Yeah, I suppose that I mighta gone too far."

She said I got her turned on and then took advantage of that to get something that I knew she didn't want.

Baby, you just make me feel so good sometimes!"

I pointed out that she seemed to like it just fine - even LOVE it - in the moment, and never gave any indication that she wanted me to stop. She said that she didn't like the anal stimulation, she just liked the other stuff so much that she didn't want to stop, and she was so turned on that she wasn't really thinking about it so she went along with it in the heat of the moment, and that I should have known she didn't want that to happen and not done it.

True, honey, I was sooo caught up in it too."

That's obviously nonsense because she started moaning and grinding back against my cock and fingers on her anus even before I ever touched her V.  

My guess is that this is just her trying to hamster away the fact that she got turned on by me playing with her butthole - something she's always insisted was gross and we'd never do. I do want to take it very seriously though because she is saying that I "tricked her into it" and "took advantage" of her and I don't want to be that guy, or for her to even think that I'm that guy.  I'd like some opinions please, especially from the ladies.

I'm also wondering how to approach this in the future.

That ^^^^^ is why she reconfirmed with shutting it down.

On one hand, it's something that we both really enjoyed - in my estimation the best sexual session we've had in years.

I'd certainly like to do it again

And that ^^^^^

and I think that underneath it all she would too - at least once we got going. On the other hand, I don't think I should try again based on her reaction afterwards and what she said. I can't imagine what she'd have to say after I "tricked" her into a really enjoyable experience with several orgasms a second time!  Not sure how to proceed here...

"The next time" has made you create this whole thread about it.  Your wife is a smart lady.

If it were me, and it has been countless times, don't make it a big deal, don't accuse, don't defend, just love her.

If she makes any further comments about the situation, just downplay it like someone just told you that the grass in the yard is growing.

...just my thoughts
  • JekJek CaliforniaMember Posts: 1,520
    It all comes down to frame, all of this that we are doing.  You worry about your frame, and she will find hers in her own time.  You can't determine, teach, or force her into frame.

maintain frame and everything works out.