Info on laser skin treatment

LeticiaLeticia Silver Member Posts: 102
I've been gradually working on making my skin look as good as possible, since stress and a few other issues gave some bad adult acne. I've got the acne under control now, but it did a number on my face and left me with a few ugly scars. It's not tragic, but it's definitely noticeable and they bother me a lot.

Well, I went to my dermatologist to discuss options this morning, and she suggested I did a laser treatment which, according to her, will not only make the scars a lot better but will also help with maintaining the acne under control, make my skin tighter and more even-toned and even help with my dark under eye circles. 

It sounded perfect until I learned how much it's going to cost - I almost fell off my chair. It will be almost a month's pay for me. Technically, I can afford it if I go into my savings (I have a nice fat little nest egg), so it's doable. But ouch!

Bottom line, I'm tempted, but I balk at the expense. I guess my question is if any members of the forum have any experience with laser treatments of this sort, and how effective they are. I really like my doctor, but I know she also wants to sell the treatment, so I'd love the opinion of someone who has payed for it and lived to tell the tale. Any comments will be much appreciated.