New girl, everything fantastic except for one rather large issue

Comments

• bstrngbstrng Silver Member Posts: 54
    For me, when someone doesn't want to/ hasn't previously done something, I always wonder what other areas of life she is so principled as to not budge no matter what. This could be a problem long term. BJ is one thing, other matters could be much bigger deals. I've not seen any other areas where she isn't willing to listen/talk/compromise. So advise taken, I'll wait and see for now. Not planning on bringing it up any time soon. Ideally she will come around, if not I will reasses.
  • SaigoTakamoriSaigoTakamori FLSilver Member Posts: 3,075
    Heed the advice given to you up thread.

Sweat More...bitch less
    Fate favors the prepared.
    Crashaxe
  • StikkyEbiStikkyEbi Member Posts: 11
    Wife here, I've read about their being varied views on BJs from men and women. Some men have to have it, some don't care either way, some even don't like them. Some women feel it's their duty, some love giving it, and some hate it. You can't change a woman's mind on their sexual preferences especially on something like a BJ where they pretty much get nothing from it. If she's still willing to have sex regularly then you'll hardly even notice a lack of BJs, but if it's that big of an issue discuss it with her and if she doesn't want to work to compromise on the issue find a different woman so you don't waste her time either.
    fordsvt
  • TrumanTruman England, UKSilver Member Posts: 98
    I doubt your assertion that all women "pretty much get nothing from it"
    MiddleManKattAngeline
  • CartB4HorseCartB4Horse Southwest USASilver Member Posts: 4,155
    OP hasn't been here in almost a month.......

Put back on course via a 'One Hour Call' with Athol.  Seriously worth 10 times the cost, but don't tell him that....

“Between stimulus and response, there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom.” - Victor Frankl 

MiddleMan
    edited December 9
    Sorry folks for dropping off the grid. Advice given here was golden, thank you everyone. Since I last posted, she's given me a few short but good BJs. Never to completion, and always at my initiative (totally cool with the second part). After processing all of this and getting to know her better, this all traces back to a lack of experience and generally her being a bit shy in bed. But it's a bit of a paradox, shy in one way, and yet a total lack of inhibition in others- we've gone out and she's literally rubbed my cock the entire night while standing in front of me in a crowded room/lounge, we kiss for hours in public areas, tons of PDA generally, etc. The kissing is downright animalistic- we basically spit at each other if you know what I mean. Anyway, she is a keeper and I'm willing to work on/accept some of the reseverations in bed (fingers wandered one night, next day she gave me the "never anal" talk, BJs are nowhere near my past relationship etc).

I would say our compatibility in other areas is incredible, but one other issue is sitting on my mind, I'll post on that in a bit.
    So something else comes up once in a while. Context- we generally see each twice a week with her staying over at least one of the nights. Text throughout the day, every day, call at least twice a day. Exchange I love yous, etc. Some weekends we spend together completely- tons of activities, sex (albeit I would like a bit more but we are constantly on the move so I think the amount he have is reasonable). We always have a great time, our kids spend time together, etc. She's more of a match than any other woman I've had in my life. But of course, there are always the small things... she has a tendency to go MIA for an entire day. Granted, everyone gets busy and we laugh at friends of ours who text incessantly and within seconds of receiving one from the other, I assure you we are not this way nor do I want this, ever. However, she has a pattern of downright not responding to a text for 6-8 hours if she is at a function or tied up. I find this a bit strange given our other interaction. My response so far has been to also "take my time" responding once she texts/calls back (she always does). Just yesterday I texted her a question, needed an answer to something stat, zero response for 8 hours at which point she called me back. I didn't answer, called her back 3 hours later. She said sorry, had a long rough day and I decided not to pile it on her that same day. I also don't want to play passive aggressive games. I don't need responses to sweet nothings if she's busy with kid/work, but I do want her to feel a sense of obligation to respond to an important query or tell me that she "is busy and will get back to me within a reasonable timeframe, not a call 6 hours later. Thoughts?
    MiddleMan
    edited December 9
    It is a little ironic that you drop off the grid and then reappear 4 months later to present a problem regarding your girlfriend going MIA on you! That being said, if it is something that requires an immediate response, state it in the text. Better yet, if you need an instant response......Call her. leave a voice mail. If you still get blown off, than address it.
    Don't expect someone to read your mind.
    She was at a function where a call may have been difficult, but a quick text would have easily resolved things. But point taken, I'll follow up.

;) regarding my being MIA. I was waiting to report back good news. 
    DaddyOh said:
    Don't be that guy who says "My GF doesn't respond to my texts".  

Go out. Be awesome. Don't check your phone every min for a response. Don't live in her frame. 
    Agreed. We for sure don't check phone all day. Gets annoying only when radio silence goes on for an entire day.
    edited December 9
    Maybe this is stating the obvious, but in all these areas she's behaving as the product of her past relationship- 1. She and her ex gave each other, in my opinion, too much space. She admits they were just not spending time together as normal couples. 2. Sex in her previous relationship was not adventurous, and so she brings a lack of experience. She has mentioned how our sex is more advanced (LOL), frequent.