iPhone 5 notes

nubbynubby Right HereSilver Member Posts: 1,964
Being self employed I like to track my daily work hours in my notes on my iPhone 5. 
Today I opened my notes to do my monthly billing and they are gone!! 
Does anyone know if there is a way to get them back? I haven't backed up my phone in 49 weeks according to my iTunes account. Why would they just vanish?

Comments

• AngelineAngeline planting seedsCategory Moderator** Posts: 14,501
    Do you sync them to an iCloud account? Maybe your annual or monthly fee for iCloud didn't go through? My debit card expired and I forgot to edit my account info, and couldn't access my account until I figured it out.

I just started to use Microsoft OneNote, and it syncs between devices. Maybe something with some automatic backup to the cloud would be worth the fee if you do your billing based on it.
    "Speak your truth." - Scarlet
    Remember to play!
    Do the right thing, whether anyone is watching or not.
    Be married, until you are not.

Email address: angeline.greenwood@att.net
  • nubbynubby Right HereSilver Member Posts: 1,964
    @Angeline I did a soft reset on my phone and the notes showed up on my outlook account which syncs with my notes. I just can't figure out why my notes would disappear from my phone. Possible setting issues??
    Angeline
    I am not fluent in iPhone, but maybe you sneezed and changed something to delete after sync or something? Glad you found your notes!
    Remember to play!

@Angeline I was definitely worried. I don't think I would have remembered 1/4 of what I did over the last month. 
    I better start taking care of the billing weekly just to avoid any future problems like this. 
    UnBetaMeTennee
  • LittlejoeLittlejoe TexasSilver Member Posts: 151
    edited September 7
    No one ever thinks about how important backups / redundancy is until disaster strikes...ask me how I know...  :)
    Roses
  • CharlieCharlie Earthquake country Silver Member Posts: 442
    @nubby, have you looked at keeping track in a document store on the Google Drive? That way it's all in the cloud, you can access it from anywhere. No need to sync between devices or worry about devices crashing and losing data. Just an idea... 
    stillasamountain
    As mentioned above ...
    Remember to play!

@Angeline @Littlejoe @Charlie
    thenkfully I had the notes stncing to my onedrive. I found them in my email account under notes. I'll be doing my billing weekly from now on to avoid this issue. 
    Littlejoe
  • stillasamountainstillasamountain CT, USASilver Member Posts: 521
    Like the Google docs idea above, Simplenote is a small, light, ubiquitous note app. IOS, Android, browser interface, etc. Free for the basic functions.

Syncs with the cloud automatically and (as I recall) has some limited versioning and a recoverable trash bin, in case you delete portions of or an entire note by mistake.

It was my default idea repository until Evernote took its place but I still use it for quick, ad hoc notes.

“She was 3/4 perfection and 1/4 broken glass.”

• PhoenixDownPhoenixDown TejasGold Women Posts: 10,632
    Google Keep is a good little app for note taking.