The Sports Thread

TenneeTennee Next Stop: AwesomevilleSilver Member Posts: 5,963
edited September 10 in Off Topic
...Cause I gotta talk about Big Orange football somewhere.   Figured we could use this for whatever. 

So, last weekend was some crazy college football.  Big wins, big losses.   We won, and I was very, very angry about it.  If you get Vols football, you get what I mean.  Big game for us today. 

@RebuildingHusband Have you recovered yet?  I stared, slack-jawed at the TV, at the finale of that game.  Not how that should have gone at all. 

ETA:  so, whatever sports you're in to - throw it out.  Bowling?  Lacrosse (YEAH BABY)? Golf...zzzzzzzzzz.   Whatever.  I figure this'll morph into March Madness in the future.  Feel free to take it into whatever sports direction you wanna go.  Except water sports - I believe that may violate forum rules. 
"Fall down seven times, stand up eight"  Japanese Proverb

How will you live well today?

Comments

• UnBetaMeUnBetaMe Through The GatesMember Posts: 1,211
    World Cup of Hockey getting started. I think it's a sham tournament, but it's nice to see hockey back again! 
    TenneefrillyfunPhoenixDownr9stone
  • TenneeTennee Next Stop: AwesomevilleSilver Member Posts: 5,963
    UnBetaMe said:
    World Cup of Hockey getting started. I think it's a sham tournament, but it's nice to see hockey back again! 
    I've  always thought Hockey Season never actually ends...

UnBetaMeCowboy
  • frillyfunfrillyfun East PodunkGold Women Posts: 3,386
    UnBetaMe said:
    Yeah...anything where Sweden can win is a total sham.  #teamfinland  #idon'twatchsportsbutsmacktalkisfun  
    TenneeUnBetaMe
  • MiddleManMiddleMan Chicago BurbsSilver Member Posts: 1,898
    I'm very much looking forward to the NFL kicking off, even though the Bears are going to suck again.
    TenneeRebuildingHusbandHusband3point0
  • CallmeCatCallmeCat DownsouthSilver Member Posts: 236
    Well I am a die hard Broncos fan and thoroughly enjoyed watching our team with a rookie quarterback beat the Panthers Thursday night opener.  :p
    Tennee
  • RebuildingHusbandRebuildingHusband Southern USASilver Member Posts: 1,953
    Well, Wisconsin was gorgeous. The people were super nice. Food and beer was delicious. Brought an empty suitcase to load up with New Glarus brews to bring home. I'm just going to forget about the 3 or so hours I spent in Lambeau. 
    give a shit and try, or go be miserable by yourself - AlphaBelle
    TenneeMiddleMan
  • TenneeTennee Next Stop: AwesomevilleSilver Member Posts: 5,963
    Tennessee Volunteers Striped Flag measures 3x5 is made of polyester offers quadruple stitched flyends for durability has two metal grommets and is viewable from both sides with a reverse image on the opposite side Our Tennessee Volunteers Striped Flag is officially licensed by the selected school university and the NCAA
    Yeah, it was completely, absolutely over-hyped.  And awesome. 

You ready @Katt ?  Reckoning is a-comin'*...

* I hope.  We do have a tendency to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory...

KattUnBetaMe
  • PhoenixDownPhoenixDown TejasGold Women Posts: 10,632
    edited September 11
    @UnBetaMe said:
    Tyler Seguin almost got hurt, and I almost threw a brick at my television. 

AngelineTennee
    @UnBetaMe said:
    I obviously need more bricks in my living room. 
    TenneePhoenixDown
  • SlipangleSlipangle MichiganSilver Member Posts: 1,544
    Winter said:
    Bears...whatever. Try being a Lions fan  :s. I am not looking forward to seeing my middleschooler cry all season (again). 
    Up to the last 40 seconds it looked like a typical Lions pattern, but they pulled it off. I shall be cautiously optimistic. 

TenneeMjolnirr9stone
  • KattKatt USASilver Member Posts: 4,554
    If the Dolphins had to lose, at least the Jets also lost so I didn't have to listen to that guy talking shit.
    UnBetaMeTennee
  • r9stoner9stone MI, America's High FiveSilver Member Posts: 1,174
    edited September 13
    Lions didn't find a way to be the Lions on Sunday and won...........wtf??????

I'm with you @UnBetaMe, happy to see some hockey again but when 2 of the teams are a Euro conglomerate plus a North American youth squad it's tough to get excited about it.

ETA: Thanks for starting this thread @Tennee, we needed it!
    TenneeAngelineUnBetaMe
    Anyone else enjoy volleyball?
    AngelineTenneeMiddleManWinter
  • AngelineAngeline planting seedsCategory Moderator** Posts: 14,501
    Alright @R9stone since you dragged it into another thread, the disagree was for the "need" part. Lots of other places to talk sports. A little bit of trash talk and light chit chat is fine. 
    "Speak your truth." - Scarlet
    Remember to play!
    Do the right thing, whether anyone is watching or not.
    Be married, until you are not.

Email address: angeline.greenwood@att.net
    In all honesty, my wife was a college volleyball player and now coaches high school volleyball and I really do enjoy the game.

Any time we are at a beach we spend a lot of time on the beach courts. #Tokyo2020 :)
    AngelineMiddleManTenneeWinter
  • MjolnirMjolnir USASilver Member Posts: 150
    @Tennee
    Certainly the most compelling reason I have to play. B)
    Endeavor to be what you desire to appear.
    AngelineTennee
  • PhoenixDownPhoenixDown TejasGold Women Posts: 10,632
    @UnBetaMe said:
    Update: Tyler Seguin is hurt. My television is ok, but I cussed a lot on twitter. 

AngelineTenneefrillyfun