The Sports Thread

Comments

• RebuildingHusbandRebuildingHusband Southern USASilver Member Posts: 1,953
    Tennee said:
    Is it Saturday yet? Can't wait to get to Death Valley and watch my Tigers against the Florida Dodgers. 
    Geaux Tigers!   My new second favorite team - at least through this Saturday.  @RebuildingHusband   OddsShark has y'all 13+...help a Brother out, will ya? 
    I've done pretty good at picking games lately. Before Bama I said Bama by 10+. Said LSU by 20+ before Arky. I'm feeling LSU by 24+ in this one. 
    give a shit and try, or go be miserable by yourself - AlphaBelle
    TenneeKatt
  • TenneeTennee Next Stop: AwesomevilleSilver Member Posts: 5,963
    ^ Beat the spread baby!
    "Fall down seven times, stand up eight"  Japanese Proverb

How will you live well today?
    Katt
  • r9stoner9stone MI, America's High FiveSilver Member Posts: 1,174
    Glad to see the old Alma Mater representing well on Gameday despite a nice weather curveball from mother nature, it was sunny and 70 here yesterday!

Got a roast going in the crock pot to make 'Murica Dips. I made 'em Murica by adding a can of ice cold freedom. Have a great Saturday everyone, & ROW THE BOAT!

20161119_090133.jpg
    1440 x 2560 - 832K
    TenneeSaigoTakamori
    Aight @RebuildingHusband I presume you started with beer for breakfast very early today - go get 'em.    Here's a Chomp for y'all:

Image result for lsu gators

Geaux Tigers!!!

Oh, @Katt I saved some gator meat from our game and froze it.   I'll do those jalapeno gator poppers again today - seemed to be a big hit last time.  MMMMMMMMMMGator.

Now, we should - note I said should - whip Mizzou's pants off today.  We do have a tendency to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.  But I have faith.  Faith in my Vols, and faith in my second favorite team today - LSU. 

Go get 'em boys. 

Related image

• fredlessfredless Silver Member Posts: 2,842
    fredless said:

Q: What is a LSU fan's favorite whine?
    A: "We can't beat Florida."

Quoted for truth.
    Katt
    Well, so much for that. Bye, Ed. 
    Keep yer guys' hands off of our coach @RebuildingHusband please, we kinda like him a lot.
    r9stone said:
    Keep yer guys' hands off of our coach @RebuildingHusband please, we kinda like him a lot.
    Don't want him anyway. Jimbo Fisher or Tom Herman are the only options. Fleck needs to prove himself at a real program first. 
  • AngelineAngeline planting seedsCategory Moderator** Posts: 14,501
    "Speak your truth." - Scarlet
    Remember to play!
    Do the right thing, whether anyone is watching or not.
    Be married, until you are not.

Email address: angeline.greenwood@att.net
    KattSaigoTakamoriTennee
    BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Lizards!!!!   Lizards in Atlanta!!!!    BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!! 

sigh....

Well, we did our job yesterday.  This is why you don't have a terrible loss in a season to teams like South Carolina - because then there's lizards in Atlanta.  I'll have to settle for 9-3 (fingers crossed) and a solid Bowl Game.

@RebuildingHusband Several times yesterday, Neyland broke into loud chants of "L-S-U" as everyone streamed that game to their mobile devices while watching our game.  I guess y'all couldn't hear us. 

The gator bites were good anyway @Katt

38-28...

r9stone said:
    Don't want him anyway. Jimbo Fisher or Tom Herman are the only options. Fleck needs to prove himself at a real program first. 
    Agree with that last statement. I like the guy too much to want him to go to a middling SEC west division team, he should aim higher.
    Tennee
  • ZoroasterZoroaster Silver Member Posts: 735
    Twelve missed extra point kicks today... Well, they did want to make 'em more of a sporty proposition.
    Tennee
    FOOTBALL FOOTBALL BEER TURKEY FOOTBALL FOOTBALL BEER PECAN PIE MMMMMMMMMMM

Turkey is about to go in the oven.  Cornbread is drying out for my cornbread dressing.  Debating on a Bloody Mary with my brunch.  Great SEC game on tonight @RebuildingHusband - I know you'll be yelling at the TV.  And I'm starting to feel better about us being 8-3 right now, both the AP and NCAA have ranked us again, 24th and 17th respectively.   Finish strong against Vandy and gimme the Citrus Bowl.

I've been reflecting of late; I have a lot to be thankful for this year.  Happy Thanksgiving y'all - now go forth and do Awesomeness. 

RebuildingHusband
    Beer and brisket already started. As far as the lsu game today, I honestly don't care. I'm just ready for this bloody abortion of a season to come to an end. Back the brinks truck up in Jimbo's driveway on Sunday morning and let's move forward. @Tennee
    Tennee
  • WinterWinter The Island of MisFit ToysGold Women Posts: 955
    Quote of the day from my middle son after the game "We WON!!!! The Lions are going to the SuperBowl!"  :D

poor kid...

TenneeRebuildingHusbandr9stone
    I want to go to the MAC title game in Detroit next Friday, ROW THE BOAT BOYS, BEAT TOLEDO!

wmu_bronocos_logo.jpg
    1200 x 909 - 183K
    WinterTennee
    @RebuildingHusband  Well, Ed gets a shot.  Whatddya  think?  I like the guy a lot, and he's got a solid record of success.

Oh, Go Big Blue.

Tennee said:
    @RebuildingHusband  Well, Ed gets a shot.  Whatddya  think?  I like the guy a lot, and he's got a solid record of success.

Oh, Go Big Blue.
    Hate it. No balls at all in the administration. AD needs to be fired over this decision. Absolutely ridiculous. 
    Tennee