Ladies: Talk to me about 'Partial Orgasms'

UnBetaMeUnBetaMe Through The GatesMember Posts: 1,211
So W has been having more orgasms and they taking less time, on average, to achieve.

However, once in a while she comments about her orgasm being only a 'Partial orgasm'.
I can't distinguish between them. At least not yet. She says I'm not the reason because I keep going until she is completely done... which is normally what helps her.

I'm not sure if it is 'cycle' related or not.

So, not all orgasms are created equal. Any advice?
Tagged:

Comments

• WinterWinter The Island of MisFit ToysGold Women Posts: 955

UnBetaMe said:
    So, not all orgasms are created equal. Any advice?

No, no they are not!

What do you need advice on?  Did she indicate that the 'partial' wasn't enough for her?  Was it like she was trying to get there and couldn't (very frustrating) or was it just a less intense O (totally normal)?

Mine vary for day to day, minute to minute.  Some are quick releases, some I feel like I am riding on a high forever (but it's probably only a minute or so), some get there fast, some seem take forever to climb to.

TenneeUnBetaMeKattMiddleMan
  • UnBetaMeUnBetaMe Through The GatesMember Posts: 1,211
    edited September 11
    @winter Less intense than other times. She is getting there for sure. It isn't until afterward that she comments that it was Partial. She certainly seems a little disappointed when it happens.

@LadyOrTheTyger I agree that I need to talk to her about this. I was just looking for perspective on what the partial feeling might be like and if its potentially cycle related or some other reason that might be common.

Also ideas on how/when to approach talking about it.

I assume that I should ask her right when she comments about it. But, what to say? How to say it. I want to keep this momentum going.
    edited September 11
    @amblrgirl Thank you. This is useful for me. I try not to change anything when I sense she is getting close, but I'm often enjoying my own experience and can't be sure. 

Alcohol was relevant last night, maybe 3 glasses of wine? I'll be mindful of this next time it happens.

Does this feeling ever leave you wanting more, or just done and disappointed?
    edited September 12
    Just to clarify; She is definitely having an orgasm. Still Hass contractions around me and is bucking her hips. Afterward she will say, in disappointed tone, that was just a partial orgasm.
    The full ones and these partial ones feel the same from my perspective.
    Tennee
  • frillyfunfrillyfun East PodunkGold Women Posts: 3,386
    Are you feeling her contractions during/after you have your O inside her?  Semen can cause those contractions.

Is she a one, and done kind of gal, or do you think she'd be receptive to using a vibe on her after?
    UnBetaMe
  • amblrgirlamblrgirl ATXSilver Member Posts: 1,328
    edited September 12
    UnBetaMe said:
    @amblrgirl Thank you. This is useful for me. I try not to change anything when I sense she is getting close, but I'm often enjoying my own experience and can't be sure. 

Alcohol was relevant last night, maybe 3 glasses of wine? I'll be mindful of this next time it happens.

Does this feeling ever leave you wanting more, or just done and disappointed?
    Yeah 3 glasses of wine could definitely make an O harder for me. And as you mentioned, it's possible that you're shifting at the end as you approach O without even realizing you're changing it up.

Most of the time, once my O starts, I'm going to reach that peak even if H changes something as he approaches O. But on the rare occasion that I don't find the top, it usually happens like this:

I'm having a hard time anyway, I finally start to O but the peak takes awhile to climb, H starts to O before I peak and he just naturally changes his movements as he O's, then my O dissipates without the peak.

I haven't had any success getting it back after that. So unfortunately, I do feel a little done and disappointed. But that's easily remedied with an awesome O on a follow-up session. 

ETA: Regarding feeling her contractions, H definitely thinks I have O'd completely when this happens. From his POV, he cannot tell the difference between a full O and a missed peak. It looks/sounds/feels the same from where he's laying (or standing, sitting, doing a headstand, whatever). He only knows it's a miss if I tell him.
    amblrgirltx@gmail.com
    Fitocracy: atxchick

Enneagram 6w5, married to a 5
    TenneeUnBetaMe
  • LadyOrTheTygerLadyOrTheTyger EarthSilver Member Posts: 892
    UnBetaMe said:
    Just to clarify; She is definitely having an orgasm. Still Hass contractions around me and is bucking her hips. Afterward she will say, in disappointed tone, that was just a partial orgasm.
    The full ones and these partial ones feel the same from my perspective.

Yeah.... I think you're going to have to ask her.  It sounds like she's just having a smaller, lesser O but really only she knows for sure.  
    UnBetaMe
    edited September 12
    frillyfun said:
    Are you feeling her contractions during/after you have your O inside her?  Semen can cause those contractions.

Is she a one, and done kind of gal, or do you think she'd be receptive to using a vibe on her after?
    She needs to use the vibe to get there in the first place, so she is in control of the process of gettinger hers.

She seems to be a one and done type of gal, but she is also having about twice as many orgasms as she did last year with me... and they seem to be easier to achieve.

I usually wait for her contractions in order to release my own. Sometimes I don't time it exactly right, but last night I waited until she was done.
    TenneeMiddleMan
  • WinterWinter The Island of MisFit ToysGold Women Posts: 955
    Do you communicate at all during sex?  Like in the moment?  When I am going for mine H is very aware (I am vocally and physically showing him) and would not finish without knowing for sure that I'm 'done'. 

I sound so selfish. 

TenneeMiddleMan
  • HildaCornersHildaCorners Winter? You call *that* winter?Gold Women Posts: 3,377
    @Shepard let us know! :D

I'll sometimes plateau ... not exactly a missed peak, but I'll reach a level just short of orgasm and get stuck there. Eventually I just give up on an O that time.

Enneagram 5w4.  I'm researching what that means, before designing t-shirt art about it.

"I feel no shame in making lavish use of the strongest muscles, namely male ones (but my own strongest muscle is dedicated to the service of men - noblesse oblige). I don't begrudge men one whit of their natural advantages as long as they respect mine. I am not an unhappy pseudomale; I am female and like it that way." RAH
    UnBetaMeTennee
  • DaddyOhDaddyOh CTGold Men Posts: 1,589
    edited September 12
    @Shepard let us know! :D

I'll sometimes plateau ... not exactly a missed peak, but I'll reach a level just short of orgasm and get stuck there. Eventually I just give up on an O that time.
    So if youre riding a wave ( let's just say a 7 on a 1-10) and don't reach the O, in your head the experience is as a "missed opportunity" or pleasurable?
    "How vain it is to sit down and write when you have not stood up to live."
    UnBetaMeMiddleMan