Lenny's Map

2»

Comments

• CartB4HorseCartB4Horse Southwest USASilver Member Posts: 4,155
    Regarding orbiting:

I used to orbit at regular times, like when my wife was getting ready to go to work.  What I did was find another activity that I could do instead, in another room.  Works like a charm.

When do you usually orbit?  What else could you be doing?

Put back on course via a 'One Hour Call' with Athol.  Seriously worth 10 times the cost, but don't tell him that....

“Between stimulus and response, there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom.” - Victor Frankl 

TwelveRubies
  • LennyLenny AustraliaMember Posts: 123
    @CartB4Horse I have the regular stuff down. I'm not around during the at risk times. I'm not exercising or doing other things for me. I catch myself on a weekend or other odd times. No real pattern. I'm keeping an eye on myself because I know it is an issue. It is now in the diary as a to do/ not to do list. Keeping it front of mind helps me catch it and kill it. At least I'm seeing it.
    CartB4Horse
    I still have to remind myself not to orbit. I had 'excuses', where I'd tell myself I was making myself available in case she wanted to talk, BS like that.  She's got a mouth and legs and can find me if she has something she needs to discuss.

Also watch out for her yelling a question at you, trying to draw you back into orbit. I'll say 'I can't hear you' and keep doing what I'm doing.

Keep up the good work.

Put back on course via a 'One Hour Call' with Athol.  Seriously worth 10 times the cost, but don't tell him that....

“Between stimulus and response, there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom.” - Victor Frankl 

TwelveRubies
  • TwelveRubiesTwelveRubies New EnglandMember Posts: 85
    @CartB4Horse That's so true about the yelling a question to get you back into orbit! I don't know if it's conscious but I know both my H and I have done that to the other as a power play. Sometimes my H walks out of the room as I'm talking to him. Before, I used to follow or yell, which I don't like doing. When he does it now, I keep talking with the same volume, he of course can't hear me, and it makes him come back :D  Oh the games we play to try to break each other's frame, whether we know it or not.
    CartB4Horse
    My wife does this when she's sitting at her desk and I'm in the kitchen, usually with water running (rinsing out a dish or something).  I politely say 'I can't hear you honey, water is running'. I don't go in to see what she wants when I'm done.

This is more of a shit test than a way to draw you back into orbit.

TwelveRubies
  • telynitelyni Midwest, USASilver Member Posts: 471
    My wife does this when she's sitting at her desk and I'm in the kitchen, usually with water running (rinsing out a dish or something).  I politely say 'I can't hear you honey, water is running'. I don't go in to see what she wants when I'm done.
    Argh, my husband does this all.the.time. I often just do the "I can't hear you" and carry on bit, but I need to be more consistent. Often he will persist because he can't hear me either! I've had to shut the water off, walk over to the doorway, and say loudly and clearly, "I can't hear you while I'm doing dishes. Tell me later, please." And then I resume. Even so, it keeps happening and it drives me nuts. Maybe I should just start ignoring him if he's talking and not in the same room as me?
    Enneagram type 5w4
    telyni at gmail
    CartB4HorseAngelineTwelveRubiesamblrgirl
    I get the yelling from another room at home

If I'm doing something a bit noisy I ignore it completely,  If it gets raised I simply respond with I was doing X, could hear you.  Then be on my way. If it is important W will ask again.

If it not noisy work, I will normally yell back can't hear you.  I'll be there later. And turn up whenever I plan to be there anyway.  Normally no special visits.

W is AOS, so sometimes I will just go out of my way to do something extra, turn up with a cup of tea & ask now what did you want I couldn't hear you I was making tea.  Completely random - normally gets a +1 but sometimes sets off the hamster, that gets put back in its cage. 

OLD MONKEYS
    1) Diet Stay on track,
    solid 21 meals this week.

2) Continue 10,000 KB swing challenge
    last a day here or there due to family matter - no biggie

3) Orbiting,  Still find myself drifting back 1 or twice a week. 
    - found myself on the way to orbit, caught turned around and di something else once this week. 

4) Add an alpha activity & a bit of me time. 
    - planned a fishing trip with my mates. 
    - we're off in a couple weeks.

NEW MONKEYS
    1) Diet Stay on track, I need this to become habit.
    3) Leadership, I will lead at least one thing this week. 
    4) Monitor the orbiting. 

###
    Other stuff
    Started a new regime of vitamins last week, now taking ZMA & Alphamale (natural T Booster and E blocker).  Big improvements.  Workouts were taking between 52-56min are nor down to 46-48 min. and I do not feel as tired and my recovery is better.   

Starting to lead my W re: tech, showing her the negative impact f her being on the tech on our children.  Basically she can demonstrate or dictate - dictatorships never last. 

I went to sleep on Friday feeling pissed off, 11 months in and sex only once. It was giving me negative thoughts, (I know she is just no into me at the moment so I am not into her). Woke up on Sat and felt pissy.  Looking at the others here I acted - I just got stuff done. Cleaned three bathrooms & toilets, two loads of Landry, folded, vacuumed, mopped, fixed a pair of boots, sanded back some walls at the MIL, planned out how to replace the broken fence, got consent from the neighbors,  it will be fixed in two weeks. 

Still no sex, but no covert contract on the house work for sex. Did it because it needed to be done.

Sunday, fixed the sprinklers, put up the shade cloth over the veggies, more laundry, took the kids to the park for a picnic launch.  More yard work & housework.  Took the housework  load off my W and let her have a day off.  Again did it because it need to be done.

I lead a whole heap of things over the weekend, it felt good.  W and the family reacted well to being lead.  I will be doing more of this. 
    CartB4Horse42andatowelLordFlashheartTennee
    OLD MONKEYS
    - 21 solid meal this week
    - irrupted with illness
    - nailed it, displayed leadership all week end
    4) Monitor the orbiting. 
    - I find when I'm doing fun stuff no orbiting - just do more fun stuff. 

NEW MONKEYS
    3) Leadership, I will lead at least two things this week. 
    4) Monitor the orbiting. 

*** I kept the same monkeys as they all need to become habits.

###
    Other stuff
    The T boosters seem to be doing their thing. Lots more energy. DOMS is significantly reduced. 

Also my hearing seems to be improving - don't know why.  I guessing t is tied to my T levels.  I know wounds heal better etc with higher T levels - maybe it is repairing the ears.    

Leadership
    Owned the whole process of moving the MIL furniture around she is getting new carpet.

Built a bike stand for 5 bikes out of scrap wood. Cost me exactly nothing. I Planned it and executed it in a weekend. 

On Saturday I was teaching DS#2 (9) how to use the drill, pocket hole jig, sander, drop saw, set squares. The whole lot.

On Sunday I was teaching DD#1 (6) how to use the drill, drop saw, set squares. The whole lot. She is great marking out line lines. 

All in all, great way to lead the family through a project that help get the garage tidy, teach the kids how to use tools.

Orbiting
    No orbiting on the weekend.  I guess being busy with fun projects kills orbiting dead. 
    During the week caught myself a couple of times. 

Pen_and_SwordSignorePillolaRossaCartB4Horse
    OLD MONKEYS
    - 20 solid meals this week
    - on track to finish this this week
    - nailed it,
    4) Monitor the orbiting. 
    - I'm starting to see how this happens, and the real benefits of not being home,  or off doing or planning to do some interesting things.  No orbiting this week. 

NEW MONKEYS
    4) Monitor the orbiting. 
    5) Diet II - I need to start monitoring my food intake, find a monitoring platform and start using it. 

###
    Other stuff
    Need to keep an eye on my emotions and new T levels. 

Leadership
    I planned and repaired my MIL fence on the weekend.  I had DS#1 with me helping to build, cut, chisel etc.  W & MIL impressed with the final product and how much work I can get through.     

I am also actively owning the process of little people and technology in my house.  Setting some clear boundaries and sticking to them and W is now following my lead. This has been a bug bear for a while. 

Orbiting
    No orbiting noticed at all. I was occupied with planning & doing things - I'm starting to see a pattern here :) Do fun things or things that need to be done, lead my family & I have no time or desire for the orbiting behavior.   

Tennee
    OLD MONKEYS
    Off a bit, W birthday & cake 

finished with good results, clothes fitting better.

done - W Birthday Party & projects with MIL

4) Monitor the orbiting. 
    I can feel myself swaying here - need to stay active.  If I'm busy I'm not orbiting. 

5) Diet II - I need to start monitoring my food intake, find a monitoring platform and start using it. 
    - Missed this one.

NEW MONKEYS
    2) Put together and start new program (target at least 4 sessions a week)
    4) Monitor the orbiting. 

###
    Increased T level and taking ZMA is having interesting sie effects.

Heaps more energy - expected
    Heaps more focus - expected
    Much better sleep - not expected
    Hearing is improving all the time - not expected.

My hearing as of 3 months ago was that of a 60 year old.
    I did the test again, hearing has improved to the point that it is about right for my age. Minor loss but nothing to worry about.
    The frequency response has changed a lot, before I could not hear much above 6 kHz, not it drops off around 10kHz. 

I can know hear things like the foam popping on a latte, where as before I could not. 

It feelings like when your mapping everything seems to be getting better, even the things your not planning for. 
    Tennee
    OLD MONKEYS
    - It is the season from Christmas lunches and events with work,  a bit off this week. 
    2) Put together and start new program (target at least 4 sessions a week)
    - done, I've been building fences instead of working out, movement with weights is still a workout. 
     i - lead my DS#1 through end of year challenges at school
     ii - lead my W in financial planning
    4) Monitor the orbiting. 
    no orbiting
    downloaded my fitnessplal - now to start using it.

NEW MONKEYS
    1) Diet, don't go overboard with the corporate lunches etc
    2) Exercise - get in 4 sessions
    3) Continue to lead - 2 leadership moments
    4) Monitor the orbiting
    5) Track food / exercise in myfitnesspal. 

###
    Leadership seems to be a hit a home.  Staying in frame and leading seems to be getting more +1's from the W and the children.  Do more of it. 

LordFlashheartTenneeSignorePillolaRossa
    OLD MONKEYS
    - not too bad, solid 19 meals out of 21
    - felt really tied all week, only 2 sessions
    - started a new routine with DS#1 around Ipad time, I set the rules and enforced them.  I'm like a rock on this one - boundaries are set.
    -  started a new routine around budget and spending money - now we need to sick to it, and it on me to make it happen. 
    4) Monitor the orbiting
    - I've felt tied all week, I'm not doing other things,  I found myself drifting to old habits a couple of times. 
    - started, about 25% - need to get this up to 100%.

NEW MONKEYS
    4) Monitor the orbiting

####
    I need to start tracking my food intake and exercise - things are starting to flatten out.  My best guess is I'm not eating right.  After Christmas I will need to start to cut back on the food a bit to keep the weight loss going.

This is my biggest red and the structural attraction issues we have will not be fixed until I'm slim. No Fat captain here.  Five more sets of not eating shit/

Leadership is working; by taking center stage and getting stuff done, seems to be very effective.  I'm now directing more and more traffic at home, things seem to be getting easier.  W is starting to respond a bit as well. I'm now directing the weekend chores, not doing them all. W is now deferring to me on what needs to be done and then doing my list. 

More leading and weight loss, the rest seems to be not as important at the moment. 
    Tennee
    Last Update on my monkeys - here anyway. 

- three corporate Xmas events - not bad but not good either. 
    - completed
    - failing a bit here, focus was not on this last week
    4) Monitor the orbiting
    - did no see any orbiting
     - started using myfitnesspal, don't like it.  Find something else.

NEW MONKEYS
    1) Diet, stay on track, but eat freely on Xmas day. 
    3) Continue to lead - up it to 1 per day
    4) Monitor the orbiting
    5) Find alternative to myfitnesspal

Tennee
    I'm in a better place mentally to when I first read the primer and found here. Marriage is still far from what I want but I feel better prepared for how to make it better. Thanks for the advise. Merry Christmas I will see you at our new camp soon.
    Tenneetry_red_pill