Wife wants to separate for a while.

1235»

Comments

• Harry123Harry123 UkSilver Member Posts: 64
    I can really empathise with you as we have a couple of similarities in our situations (see my triage thread). I'm not going to profess to be an expert as I'm still going through the process. In hindsight I should have been much tougher with my ultimatum right at the start when everything came out rather than looking at the relationship with rose tinted glasses and trying to save it.

If I had of done that I think we could have moved on much quicker one way or the other rather than me trying to resolve the situation later on  through marriage counselling which in all honesty means there are underlying unresolved issues now that I still need to deal with.

This place has great advice so listen to it, look after yourself and be an awesome Dad.
    UnBetaMesf64missesnesbitSmashmaster
  • never_surrendernever_surrender Silver Member Posts: 176
    You ask for experience and I have it but not the same background.  Quick over view, I was married in a wonderful relationship for 19 years and she passed away 11 years ago. I have two wonderful kids M/F that I raised.  They turned out great and I have a very successful business and wonderful life. I live in a dream world for most men, very blessed, except for the woman I married 5 years ago.  She has 3 boys with no father.  We got married and no one wanted to do chores and the wife enabled the kids.  So after 3 years she wanted to move out, I gave her one last chance and said " don't leave lets fight for our marriage"  She left on the weekend I had tickets for a Dave Ramsey Smart conference in Dallas which was one of the best conferences I ever been too. I took my kids and a guy from my work that is my right hand man.   Came home and the house appeared empty, she took everything that was hers and she had said, "I have to leave to work on our marriage"   What do I say even today,  screw that!  I totally disagree with that idea. A therapist even gave us a book once that said, "should I stay or should I go"  I say if you go, your gone, that book sucks.  My wife didn't have another man she had eyes on, just wanted to enable her kids and hurt me.  Yes, I even had 3 conversations with Athol. With what we talked about he thought she was borderline personality disorder, and I agree and even think it's worse then that.  I can write a book of the crazy.   She now wants to come back and still do crazy.  It would be like, your wife still wanted to come and be able to flirt still I assume. Each partner just needs to be 100% into each other.  If one person wants to move out, their not into it.  Moving out is a no for me, if you're doing that, goodbye for ever.  If both couples can say to each other "let's fight for our marriage" then it's a winning attitude.  
    JellyBeanLittlejoe
  • fordsvtfordsvt Canada Eh!Silver Member Posts: 2,300
    Don't be plan B brother.  It's the last letter in that alphabet of marriage.  Our MC gave us that book and she was buying into it. If we did a controlled separation I'm sure now we'd be done and divorced. 
    Its a easy way out to play the field and pretend your single.  She didn't even have another guy here and I'm sure we'd be done.  I doubt I'd have come back. Stand your ground with her.  If she leaves serve her papers and show strength.  

Into Phase 3..

Those Who Dare......Win.   "What gives you fear today...Gives you Strength tomorrow.."

• iam44iam44 earthSilver Member Posts: 59
    I found this quote and I couldn't resist. It seems appropriate.

"More often than not women tell the complete truth with their actions, they just communicate it in a fashion that men can’t or wont understand. As a behaviorist, I’m a firm believer in the psychological principal that the only way to determine genuine motivation and/or intent is to observe the behavior of an individual. All one need do is compare behavior and the results of it to correlate intent. A woman will communicate vast wealths of information and truths to a man if he’s only willing to accept her behavior, not exclusively her words, as the benchmark. He must also understand that the truth she betrays in her behavior is often not what he wants to accept."

I had my profile deleted not long ago, I have actually been here since early 2013, I'm not new
    CartB4HorseMiddleManBlueWolfSmashmaster
  • fordsvtfordsvt Canada Eh!Silver Member Posts: 2,300
    Maria said:
    True. Of both genders. Action trumps words every time.
    Yes and this is always 1000 percent true in a relationship or marriage 

Into Phase 3..

Those Who Dare......Win.   "What gives you fear today...Gives you Strength tomorrow.."

MiddleMan
  • dalefdalef Silver Member Posts: 1,963
    What has happened recently?
    missesnesbit
  • Jen_KayJen_Kay Posts: 374
    OP hasn't been on the forum since Sept. 24th, FYI.
    CartB4Horse