Intro & Triage of edithkeeler

124»

Comments

• edithkeeleredithkeeler DixielandSilver Member Posts: 40
    @SallyMander - No, but the passports can't be used.
    Be awesome & stay positive!
    SallyMander
  • HildaCornersHildaCorners Winter? You call *that* winter?Gold Women Posts: 3,377
    Not surprised ... but it is definitely a shock to you. Get some self care, in whatever form helps you the most.

Because you're not divorcing an ordinary man, you shouldn't use an ordinary lawyer. Most divorce lawyers assume their clients and client's exes are sane rational people, who understand the emotions of their soon to be ex and really do want the best for their children. This is not your husband, and he will baffle garden-variety divorce lawyers.

You need someone who is skilled with high conflict divorce. There's usually at least one in every city ... they're used to dealing with BSC, strange proposals for settlement, being cursed at during depositions, having bizarre statements come out for the first time in front of the judge, etc. [These are all things my high conflict divorce attorney saw from my ex. My h.c. atty. took this all in stride, while my first lawyer, a very nice lady, was in way over her head.]

I hope your divorce isn't high conflict ... but it might be, and you want to be ready. Plus, you'll have to deal with your ex on and off until your youngest turns 18 ... and having a skilled lawyer in your back pocket is very useful/necessary.

I see you don't live close to me ... if you did, I'd suggest we go out for a glass of wine and a good vent session.

Enneagram 5w4.  I'm researching what that means, before designing t-shirt art about it.

"I feel no shame in making lavish use of the strongest muscles, namely male ones (but my own strongest muscle is dedicated to the service of men - noblesse oblige). I don't begrudge men one whit of their natural advantages as long as they respect mine. I am not an unhappy pseudomale; I am female and like it that way." RAH
    guildenstern1Blackwulfedithkeeler
  • edithkeeleredithkeeler DixielandSilver Member Posts: 40
    @HildaCorners, You called it, baby. Could not agree more with your take on all of it. Raising a proverbial glass to you!

@SignorePillolaRossa, I really have to think through the choice about which state to choose. Honestly, the schools and dating pool and weather and amenities are far, far better in NewState, and my parents are happier here, too and really want to stay. IRL I'm getting a ton of great advice on these legal and social questions. I have leverage.

Though there have been tears, and I held my sweet mom while she thought about Christmas and sobbed, I know we will all get through it and will emerge stronger and better. I feel like I have a new lease on life and like anything is possible. Tonight I watch my sweet damn "Walking Dead" and enjoy the hell out of it without H there to feel neglected. Lol!

And as a final thought, the stress of having your husband secretly move himself out of your home is an incredible appetite curbing weight loss tool. That monkey of mine is going well indeed.
    Be awesome & stay positive!
    HildaCornersSignorePillolaRossaTwelveRubies
  • nubbynubby Right HereSilver Member Posts: 1,964
    If he has moved out, ask him for that in writing and change the locks ASAP. 
  • HildaCornersHildaCorners Winter? You call *that* winter?Gold Women Posts: 3,377
    I wouldn't change the locks without a lawyer telling you to do so ... and I'd specifically ask the lawyer if you can change the locks. [I had a police officer tell me, but I was planning to do it anyway.]

Enneagram 5w4.  I'm researching what that means, before designing t-shirt art about it.

"I feel no shame in making lavish use of the strongest muscles, namely male ones (but my own strongest muscle is dedicated to the service of men - noblesse oblige). I don't begrudge men one whit of their natural advantages as long as they respect mine. I am not an unhappy pseudomale; I am female and like it that way." RAH
    IrishGypsyMariaTwelveRubies
  • TwelveRubiesTwelveRubies New EnglandMember Posts: 85
    I hate to happy about divorce, but this really seems best. Sending you prayers for strength and wisdom through the process.  I'm so happy that you are no longer going to be burdened with this weight!
    Truman