Trying to be OI, but now I am pissed.

monkeydogmonkeydog KansasSilver Member Posts: 415
So, despite being awesome and seemingly doing all the right things, I am getting constantly shut down. It's been at least 6 weeks since we have had anything other than weekly maintainance sex. 

We were in a hotel for 3 nights, no hotel sex, lame morning sex and a nice BJ on the last night, but it was totally transactional. 

Shot it down every Friday and Saturday night -- in fact I haven't even initiated because she prempts me and takes it off the table. I have tried considering this a yellow and trying again later, to be met with hard no.

Constantly getting the "pressuring me for sex" thing, even though I've been out of town and didn't initiate until last night. 

No no kids in the house for the first time in years. Had happy hour, nice sunset, cuddling on the couch and then I get the can we just relax and not have sex thing. I  said I didn't think the two were mutually exclusive . Anyway watched a movie, nice affection, but continuing hamster shit. Eventually I just gave up and went to bed. I stayed smiley and positive the whole time.

I am pissed because this seems to me like controlling bullshit. We were having good frequency and quality July through mid September. 

she is being affectionate, but no kissing beyond brief pecks.

I could probably go back to bed and get morning quickie right now, but I don't want to because I feel like this is a big shit test.

Time to STFU and go to the gym, I think.

Smashmaster

Comments

• SmashmasterSmashmaster Tera IncognitaSilver Member Posts: 809
    I would be frustrated too. >:(

It's also a good example of why "Should be thinking" is poison to OI.

"Ultimately the captain sets the tone of the relationship." -Athol Kay

"A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be." -Albert Einstein

"Momma said that the Forrest part was to remind me that sometimes we all do things that, well, just don't make no sense." -Forrest Gump

AngelineJellyBean
  • monkeydogmonkeydog KansasSilver Member Posts: 415
    I would be frustrated too. >:(

It's also a good example of why "Should be thinking" is poison to OI.
    Can you expand on this?
    To clarify, I am pissed because I feel like she is withholding sex in order to teach me a lesson and assert control.

I am glad it's on her mind, because she keeps bringing it up, but only to tell me not to try. And then she'll initiate under her terms, which is resulting in low quality sex.

I am going to go about my merry way today while ramping up the sexual tension. 

• TenneeTennee Next Stop: AwesomevilleSilver Member Posts: 5,963
    Question, then I'll comment further:

Do you try to parlay the 'weekly duty sex' into more?  Does she get into it once things get going?  Have you tried to take this to a more dominant level - pin her arms, dirty talk, poundtown, tell her what to do?

"Fall down seven times, stand up eight"  Japanese Proverb

How will you live well today?
    edited October 23
    So, part of the issue is that I re-aggravated my back, so we've had to go easy, BJ, that sort of thing. With the exception of BJ last Sunday, everything has been morning since mid-September, with a 2 week gap. 

Wake up sex doesn't do it for me emotionally and it's almost always quick, especially after a week. She's not been up for round 2.

Sex got weird again around the 20th of September -- we had sex in the morning that got interrupted before she got hers. I told her I'd get her later. Anyway, when I did,  I was pretty dominant and she seemed pretty into it, , biting my biceps and shit. She got hers.

Anyway, after that she seemed distant. Went off her HRT (she's back on it). I called her on it and she said she thought I was selfish that night and didn't make it all about her.

Then 2 week drought and sex has been infrequent and sub par since then and I have been shut down whenever she thinks I am going to initiate.
    Tennee
  • TenneeTennee Next Stop: AwesomevilleSilver Member Posts: 5,963
    First off, get rid of 'Now I am pissed' - she'll sense it. 

Read this:  https://marriedmansexlife.vanillacommunities.com/discussion/11947/on-parlaying-duty-sex/p1

We debate 'Duty Sex', RD, and some other tangents.  I am very much in the 'Parlay it into more' camp, and I do. 

I would humorously A&A the 'per-emptive shut downs' unless you're prepared to turn them into a Hill To Die On, AKA a Phase 4 moment. 

"Fall down seven times, stand up eight"  Japanese Proverb

How will you live well today?
    edited October 23
    Aklattle said:
    It's probably better not to assume bad intentions.
    I am trying not to, but I am pretty sure she is withholding. 

For example, I asked how long until lunch because I was getting pretty hungry. I was working on stair project and she was in kitchen.

Instead of telling me, she said "you're just going to have to control yourself."

I replied "well I don't about that."

"You're going to have to, this isn't a quta system."

I had no response, and kiddos were around so I just STFU.

@Tennee I do parlay duty sex when I can and it hasn't been horrible, I mean, I have gotten 2 BJTCs in the last 2 weeks. 

She is drip feeding me, I have no doubt about that. She has gone out of her way to shut me down during times that have always been "locks" for us.
    edited October 23
    So, the sex came back and then went away. I am more attractive now then I was in July.

Drive byes also went from welcome to pissing her off.

I am trying very hard not to have covert contracts and I am not acting pissy at all -- that's one of the things I am being awesome about.

I think @HildaCorners is right that she is testing me to see if she can bring out the old monkeydog.

I got this, I am just disappointed and horny and venting.
    Tennee
    @fredless I am trying to figure out why she's reverting, while I am improving. 

I don't think medical is ruled out, either. She's only been back on for a week, so that could be part of it. 

I am overthinking this and rewriting history. I got stripshow and bjtc in front of mirror last Sunday night and here I am bitching. 

I am just a horny son of a bitch who got used to better sex then we are having now. 

First world problem.
    42andatowel
    Angeline said:
    So, despite being awesome for a couple of months and seemingly doing all the right things lately, I am getting almost constantly shut down except for the times she doesn't. It's been at least 6 weeks since we have had anything other than weekly maintainance sex even though I'm not capable of more than that right now I resent her for it.

I know. You are right except now I am capable, which is probably why I am not OI on this. 

Also, I am not imagining this -- she is putting me in my place and is being pretty overt about it.

Yes, attempting. I am not taking the bait and am being playful and positive. 

Venting here is helping.
  • EANxEANx Local GroupSilver Member Posts: 509
    monkeydog said:
    I am trying not to, but I am pretty sure she is withholding. 

For example, I asked how long until lunch because I was getting pretty hungry. I was working on stair project and she was in kitchen.

Instead of telling me, she said "you're just going to have to control yourself."

I replied "well I don't about that."

"You're going to have to, this isn't a quta system."

I had no response, and kiddos were around so I just STFU.
    Well, I'm hungry now, gonna go hit the Subway. You want anything?
  • RorschachRorschach "Just ask the axis ..."Silver Member Posts: 1,458
    Maybe it is about control. Maybe not. But slow down and be patient. I think the fact that she is saying these things is an indication that the winds of change are blowing (pun intended). Patience. 
    HildaCornersAngelineWinteramblrgirl