Trying to be OI, but now I am pissed.

Comments

• monkeydogmonkeydog KansasSilver Member Posts: 415
    Feeling rather drained. Maybe I'll sleep past 3:00 am tonight.

I will try to let it go and forgive -- hopefully it will be easier to stop my hamster now that I have identified the wheel.

My inclination is to STFU, work on me and use this to help me smash my wife goggles.

She is not getting any dick tonight, that's for sure. :smirk:
    Angeline said:
    I don't think so. I think words have not been helpful thus far. If she starts up with negativity, just say, "Let's have a moratorium on more and more angry words, and just do the next right thing for about 6 months. We have some good stuff to build on, let's see what we can do with that."
    And then work on you the very bestest and hardest you can. I think you have a great capacity for self examination that will serve you well, if you can keep the anger and the mouth in check.

Well, at least we haven't really been fighting and her behavior has been fine.  Yes, she was testing me with the pre-emptive shut downs, I was about 4-1 on OI.

I haven't raised my voice or been angry in a long time, but probably some passive aggressive stuff that I am doing without realizing it. Or maybe the wife is just projecting. Who knows.

I'm going to go do my stretches and calf raises.

AngelineCallmeCatLennyTennee
    So, feeling a bit down.

Felt very low energy yesterday after PT and my realization that I do not feel emotionally safe with my wife.

I stayed way out of her orbit and of course she came looking for me.

More affectionate than usual last night, wanted to cuddle in bed, maybe was yellow. I took it as a test to prove that  affection doesn't have to lead to sex. So I cuddled a bit, patted her on the butt and went to sleep.

Except I woke up at midnight and stayed that way all night.

So, now I am tired and emotionally drained. We are going to a neighbors (married 75 years!) for wine and lasagna tonight, which is always a good night.

Anyway, I hope I can be and/or appear to be upbeat tonight. Honestly, I am feeling downright sad about things. I am sure I am overreacting. That's sort of my thing, right?
    Angeline
    edited October 27
    So, I was doing all those things. Still doing them. We are playful and joke all the time.

Everything was great July, August and then about September 20, it's like the switch went off again and fun sexy times became duty/chore sex.

I am doing what I can not to let on and puking all of my negative emotions about it here -- things are not that bleak, I know.

We had a good night last night, but I was too sleepy to initiate and went to bed before her.

I think my problem now is that I am trying too hard, doing too many different things and its just not coming off as genuine.

I need to chill out, be positive, stop trying on different frames/personas and just be myself.
    42andatowel
    edited October 27
    To expand on this...

For example on Sunday, after I woke up pissed off and went to the gym, when I got home, I was just WAY TOO CHIPPER.

A few weeks ago, I was doing drive byes that were pissing her off, and I kept doing it. I was like Jim Carey from the mask.

I think I took the poundtown/caveman stuff too far as well and came off as selfish in bed.

I am spending too much time asking for and taking advice and gaming my wife and life. I need to spend more time just BEING.

No wonder she feels pressure -- she's trying to figure out who this maniac is.
    AngelineShepardTwelveRubiesamblrgirl
    I think that is part of it, Angeline.

We were having pretty good and even stellar sex  July - September 18th.

Then 2 week drought, OK morning sex and I re-aggravated the back.

As of last weekend, I am back to where I was before I re-aggravated, so I can bring it again.

Which is probably why I was not OI over this rejection. I was ready to BRING IT after 6 weeks of getting by with whatever we could do.

She was tired and ready to watch a movie and eat popcorn.
  • TenneeTennee Next Stop: AwesomevilleSilver Member Posts: 5,963
    ^  Do me a favor, as you're doing H3P0's exercise, track how many times you're letting her frame dictate your own.  See if it correlates to 'negative posts'.  You let her dictate your frame A LOT. 
    "Fall down seven times, stand up eight"  Japanese Proverb

How will you live well today?
    Lenny
    Interesting, will do. 

I'm not used to these mini sex droughts, they weren't a thing until our marriage was in serious trouble last fall. So I am panicking and thinking "here we go again." I really have been rather spoiled sexually, never had to work for it very hard and probably have some entitlement issues around it.

The good thing is much of this emotional turbulence is happening during the day or when she is not around, so I get to get most of it out before we even interact. I think I am acting fine around her -- I have taken it down a notch for sure.

On another positive note, she has been much more affectionate at bedtime the last few days, She doesn't seem to be as afraid that I am going to pounce on her like she has been in the last few weeks.  So I think I am doing a better job of decoupling affection from sex.

I will  do the exercises and report back.
    Pen_and_SwordTennee42andatowelTwelveRubies
  • 42andatowel42andatowel United StatesSilver Member Posts: 325
    But, I can virtually guarantee that zero women want to be married to Spongebob. 
    That needed to be it's own post so I could agree with the rest and click LOL on that.
    _ioAngeline
    So, did the exercise.

Basically it's:

Day 1: Down, down, down, down,Up, down, Up, Up
    Day 2: Up, Up, down,down, Up, Up, Up, Up, Up, Up, Up, Down, Dwon
    Day 3: Down, up, down
    Day 4: Up, Up, Up

So, up and down, but basically a pattern of digging myself out of a spiral and then digging up a demon that resulted in another spiral.

As far as frame goes ... I need to get back to basics on that.

Luckily we have been super busy and not much one on one time, so not much chance for me to go all sponge bob on her.

I am feeling good today. Lost 5 lbs this week. I'm going to stop worrying about her and personalizing this and just enjoy the weekend.

Angelineamblrgirl
    Hey, you didn't ask me to mark the neutral posts!

I get your point, although I question your methodology. :smile:

What's funny, is that my wife used to complain that I never seemed too happy or too sad about anything, that I was too even keeled.

I have been self medicating so long, and everything was hunky dory until a few weeks ago, that I am out of the habit of dealing with negative emotions.

Easier to be chill when you are stoned 24/7.
    AngelineJellyBean