edithkeeler's MILF MAP

edithkeeleredithkeeler DixielandSilver Member Posts: 40
Wannabe MILF here married to an H with some narcissistic tendencies.

RED

-- Lose all of the remaining pregnancy weight.
-- Stop Orbiting My Husband - get my own life, friends, interests
-- Stop Fighting Dirty - don't get baited into stupid fights my H picks with me. Ignore!
-- Stop People Pleasing - no more mrs. nice girl!

YELLOW

-- Maintain My Own Frame
-- Recognize Double Binds -- there are oh so many! Good times!
-- Discover the Covert Contracts -- avoid Laid, Maid, & Trayed territory

GREENS

-- Stay Positive!!!!!
-- Seek Out High Energy states!!!
Be awesome & stay positive!

Comments

• AlphaVsBetaAlphaVsBeta CaliforniaSilver Member Posts: 395

Is your husband self-aware of his Narcissistic personality? Or are you aware and he's in denial? Your MAP progress will depend HUGELY on the difference, unfortunately...

• AlphaVsBetaAlphaVsBeta CaliforniaSilver Member Posts: 395

Edit...Just read your triage and intro...No need to repeat yourself. You seem to be as aware as you can be to his particular brand of N-type personality. I guess the real question is are you ready to really rock the boat and see how far his self-love goes?

I'm not trying to be negative or fatalistic, I only bring this up because in my own dealings with the N-type in my life, after I did what needed to be done to protect myself and my extended family professionally and emotionally, I basically am satan and the root of all evil. so like it has been said, the stay plan is the same as the go plan.

I truly feel for you, being married to one...I know from personal experience that they can make you doubt your own sanity. It took me years to put boundaries around the crazy, and then to legally protect myself from it.

TenneeHildaCornersedithkeeler
  • edithkeeleredithkeeler DixielandSilver Member Posts: 40
    Angeline said:
    See how that's a measurable, precise step instead of a nebulous admonishment to "do better"?
    MAP goals need to be SMART:
    Specific
    Measurable
    Achievable
    Relevant
    Time-boxed

If they aren't specific, then you don't know what you're supposed to do (or avoid doing). 

If they're not measurable, then you can't ever say you succeeded (or failed). 

If they aren't achievable, then you fool yourself into believing that failure is inevitable, thus you destroy your will to try harder when you struggle. 

If they aren't relevant, then your goals aren't aligned with your priorities, which generally means you're wasting your time. 

And, if they aren't time-boxed or bound in any way, then there's this "it never ends" feeling, which destroys momentum. 

All MAP goals need to be SMART. 
    Great feedback, @Angeline and @Husband3point0 ! Thank you! Let me ponder this good stuff here and collect my thoughts and priorities and I will post a more granular MAP in the next couple of days. I am still unpacking from our move and I have a 10 month old baby so I am a but time-challenged. Excuses exschmooses! Stay tuned & thanks again!
    Be awesome & stay positive!
  • HildaCornersHildaCorners Winter? You call *that* winter?Gold Women Posts: 3,377
    It's good to have both an overall MAP and focused goals — we sometimes call the weekly goals the Three Monkeys.

I update my MAP about once a year, or a few months after a major life change. This gives me a chance to see how much I've improved, and where my next problem areas are.

Enneagram 5w4.  I'm researching what that means, before designing t-shirt art about it.

"I feel no shame in making lavish use of the strongest muscles, namely male ones (but my own strongest muscle is dedicated to the service of men - noblesse oblige). I don't begrudge men one whit of their natural advantages as long as they respect mine. I am not an unhappy pseudomale; I am female and like it that way." RAH
    edithkeeler
  • TwelveRubiesTwelveRubies New EnglandMember Posts: 85
    I give you so much credit for living with someone like that and not going up the wall. You just brush it off and keep on being awesome! 
    edithkeeler
  • TwelveRubiesTwelveRubies New EnglandMember Posts: 85
    That's awesome! Did you verbally respond or just not engage?
  • CowboyCowboy In the South, USASilver Member Posts: 1,994
    Halloween was really sweet and fun. It means the world to my 3 kids. It was also Baby's first Halloween, which is always pretty special.

Y'all, I am so damn proud of myself for holding it together and not getting baited!!! My H increased the difficulty level on this challenge to about a 10 yesterday by randomly sending me a long, detailed, BSC email full of Things I Do That Are Wrong at 3pm on Halloween right before I picked up the kids from school -- ugh, who does that???!! Not going to respond to it. STFU works!!

"Being Un-Baitable" will remain a cheeky little monkey of mine for the foreseeable future.
    Good for you. Nothing says "Your ugly remark is so absurd it is beneath me" than simply saying nothing.
    "Men were designed to hunt mammoth. You need to go find your mammoth." --Serenity
    edithkeeler