Ode to Halloween

MissDMissD On your leftGold Women Posts: 111
I absolutely love Halloween. All of it. So many old memories and new!

Dressing up, carving pumpkins and eating freshly roasted salty seeds.

Celebrating with family and friends without any religious undertones - just a celebration of salty/sweet goodness.

Later, decorating my yard - especially after walking my two toddlers around and seeing their wide-eyed expressions when someone went the extra mile.

It was such a relaxed time of the year growing up - I was a small town girl surrounded by mixed farms. Everyone was relaxed. School year was started, but busy season was over and winter/bills hadn't settled in yet.

Everyone was ready for a party.

What's one of your favourite holidays?
TwelveRubiesMrsB

Comments

• TwelveRubiesTwelveRubies New EnglandMember Posts: 85
    Halloween is my favorite holiday! Perfect timing to find this thread, just posted something about it in my MAP.

My favorite thing is to make creative costumes. My last costume (which sadly was too long ago) was a bag of biohazardous trash. I wore it to work (I work in biotech) so it went over well and I won second place in our costume contest! It was super cheap too because I just glued clean lab supplies to a wide brim hat until it was covered and wore a red biohazard bag from the stockroom with holes for arms, legs, head, and tied it around my neck.

@MissD Are you planning on dressing up this year?
    MissD
  • dalefdalef Silver Member Posts: 1,963
    My Halloween memory is from our college square dance club. One of the women died her blond hair blue for our Halloween party, since the blue dye didn't wash out very well she had green hair for a couple of weeks.
    TwelveRubies42andatowelMissD
  • TenneeTennee Next Stop: AwesomevilleSilver Member Posts: 5,963
    I thought this thread was going to be dudes waxing poetically about slutty Halloween costumes. 
    @HowlAtTheMoon C'mon Howl, is that all you think we are?

Image result for police costume hot woman

Excuse me Officer?  I've been a very, very bad boy. 

"Fall down seven times, stand up eight"  Japanese Proverb

How will you live well today?
    42andatowelMissDHildaCorners
  • TenneeTennee Next Stop: AwesomevilleSilver Member Posts: 5,963
    So, I really just dig this entire time of year.   I love Thanksgiving the best - its a time of reflection for me.  I love to cook, so I go nuts at Thanksgiving.   And there's football.  And a roaring fire (unless its 87, which pisses me off - its Fall dammit!).  And we eat, drink and are merry.   Lots of family and friends.   Good times. 
    "Fall down seven times, stand up eight"  Japanese Proverb

How will you live well today?
    amblrgirlMissD
  • 42andatowel42andatowel United StatesSilver Member Posts: 325
    Halloween costumes are not that fun up here. It is 23°F this morning. You put a big puffy coat on and wear the costume over it. Lol
    Or you go as a flasher,

Put a big puffy coat on and wear nothing under it....
    TenneeSaigoTakamoriMissDHildaCorners
  • never_againnever_again CanadaSilver Member Posts: 1,372
    Halloween costumes are not that fun up here. It is 23°F this morning. You put a big puffy coat on and wear the costume over it. Lol
    Or you go as a flasher,

Put a big puffy coat on and wear nothing under it....
    Was at a party last year where a woman wore a nudie outfit under her coat.  Fake nipples and bush.

She's invited me to a home party this year.  Frankly, I'm starting to suspect it's a party for 2.  I like her, but not like that.  I'll definitely arrive late and maybe leave early.
    The man who gives his woman everything ends up with nothing. Not even the woman.
    SaigoTakamoriHowlAtTheMoon
  • MissDMissD On your leftGold Women Posts: 111
    Hmmm, I'd probably do the reverse - show up early and have other commitments. Wouldn't hurt to have my phone lighting up with texts...

That way if it's a dud, I can make my escape...
  • forestleafforestleaf At the farmGold Women Posts: 1,703
    Its going to be 87 degrees here on Halloween.  I'd rather be where you are.   :(  
  • forestleafforestleaf At the farmGold Women Posts: 1,703
    edited October 30
  • BlackwulfBlackwulf Leading the pack. Silver Member Posts: 1,782
    October Kicks off the Holiday season, scary moves, decorating for Halloween and Fall.  Thanksgiving is big for us too. 
    TenneeMissD