Sexual assault in media impacting drive-bys?

2»

Comments

• beribbonedberibboned caMember Posts: 359
    The election has affected our anxiety level but we've used the fear to bond. My husband is a firefighter and Latino on his mother's side and has even seen the therapist at his work about his anger about Trump. The video reminded me of times I've been touched without my consent by men starting when i was six by a man under the slide at my school! The thought these men might have thought I "let" them when I couldn't stop them made me mad so my husband and I talked about that. My husband makes it clear we are in this world together.  
    TPokethemacnutMiddleMan
  • MissDMissD On your leftGold Women Posts: 111
    SamIam2 said:
    Hi all, long time reader/lurker (i'm male) but have yet to lay it all out here yet..

Anyways, my wife is usually politically engaged during big elections.  And this year, one of the two major candidates has her extremely mad because of all the sexual assault issues.  So, I'm finding the drive-bys and initiations are falling flat more frequently.  For the last six months or so, I've upped my aggressiveness on drive-bys and initiations with pretty good success (after years of being Beta/nice guy).

Thoughts on this?  Is it just me?  Or does anyone else believe the political discourse is impacting their sex lives? 
    You all are decent men on here, so I'm not really sure you get it - Google Kelly Oxford #notokay. 

Remind her you know the difference between loving up your hot sexy wife vs assaulting some stranger. Or you'd hate the thought of that happening to some child you know.

• WhereWasIWhereWasI USASilver Member Posts: 180
    edited October 31
    I was thinking of posting this exact issue earlier today. Glad I'm not the only one affected by Trump's behavior.  
    My wife was raped as a kid and is very sensitive about consent and general rape culture.  I bear the brunt of her angst, so I've had to properly time drive-bys and such. Lately everything is a fail because of the general climate and Trump's nature l. Ugh...she's not attracted enough at the moment for new to do much without it bringing rape culture to her mind. 
    Blackwulf