Wifey hasn't noticed

CavemanCaveman In my cave down the blockMember Posts: 64
For those of you that have been working out consistently and have made some noticeable positive changes to your physique have any of your spouses not noticed or made in positive comments to acknowledge that claim? I have been working out mostly consistently for the past six months again and my diet has been decent (could be better) and CW has not made one single comment regarding my hard work. Oh she'll throw in an occasional "sexy" throughout the day when she wants me to take her to pound town but no direct acknowledgement regarding the weight lifting and diet. Now I know I have made some positive changes with added muscle and I've had several co-workers and colleagues take notice (mostly men I work in a male dominated profession) but not the wife which is a head scratcher.  I don't need her validation but it would be nice to hear it from her every now and again.

Comments

• CavemanCaveman In my cave down the blockMember Posts: 64
    edited October 28
    @amblrgirl
    My wife has lost a ton of weight over the course of our relationship (nearly 100 pounds) hell we both have (I lost 50 pounds myself). Even though she has lost weight she does not workout. I guess I would be the "fitter" of the t@amblrgirl

You might be on to something about not wanting me to get the big head. She is not against me working out but her not saying anything is strange to me. As far as her being worried about me becoming more fit and attractive than her, the jury is still out on that. However she has been making these occasional comments about some of my workouts seeming to be longer than "normal" so this could be evidence that her hamster is working overtime about my level of "sexiness".

@ Rorschach naw she is very keen to physical appearance.
  • HowlAtTheMoonHowlAtTheMoon Silver Member Posts: 1,183
    Pretty much everything @amblrgirl said in my case.
    Since I've been hitting the weights for 20 years,  I just cant bring myself to say anything to him about his improved fitness, when he hasn't been doing it long and I had to strong arm him into it. 

Also, fitness is basically just selfcare for physicality people. To me, since he is at the minimum threshold for attractiveness (to me), it would be like I was giving him accolades for tying his shoes or brushing his teeth. 

He doesn't compliment my body either and plenty of other people do. I don't find it all that odd.
    RorschachAngelineTennee
  • LennyLenny AustraliaMember Posts: 123
    My wife is very similar, nothing really until I tried to put on a polo top and I needed help getting it off, the sleeve got stuck. Same day I tried on a suit and couldn't get my shoulders in . Now I get the odd comment, but not much considering the changes. Just as well I'm not doing it for her.
    Tennee
  • CartB4HorseCartB4Horse Southwest USASilver Member Posts: 4,155
    Work out even harder.  Get pissed, get huge and get awesome.

You'll know it's working when she starts baking cookies by the dozens......

Put back on course via a 'One Hour Call' with Athol.  Seriously worth 10 times the cost, but don't tell him that....

“Between stimulus and response, there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom.” - Victor Frankl 

TenneeCrashaxeDaddyOh
  • DaddyOhDaddyOh CTGold Men Posts: 1,589
    My wife has just bought me a couple of new jumpers because "my belly is sticking out of my current jumpers". I call B.O.L.L.O.C.K.S

They are nice, but they're not slim fitting. No problem, she's just given me a challenge to make my "belly stick out" in these by hitting the weights harder and making my muscles even more pronouned. Time to outgrow these new jumpers?

Challenge accepted!!!  >:)   >:)   >:)

Am I the only American who wishes Bollocks was part of our vernacular? Such an awesome word. 
    "How vain it is to sit down and write when you have not stood up to live."
    HowlAtTheMoonTenneeHildaCornersCartB4Horse
  • IrishGypsyIrishGypsy UKSilver Member Posts: 407
    telyni said:
    Speaking of dialect, is it just me, or is anyone else picturing a coverall skirt when they hear the word jumper? I don't think that's what's meant here, but that's what it meant when I was a kid in Michigan... Then I did a search and mostly what appeared was pictures of sweaters, which makes more sense.
    I'm from the UK. Although my DD was talking of "candy" when trick or treating. We call them "sweets" over here (which is a word you give to puddings/desserts).

</off topic>
    eb708bbfd87998005eda6c7662acf3c5.jpg
    700 x 1036 - 119K
  • RedPillNeophyteRedPillNeophyte Silver Member Posts: 185
    Real conversation with my wife after me losing weight:

W:  Oh my God!  You have a tumor!
    Me:  What?  Where?
    Wife takes my hand and guides it to my hip.
    Me:  *rolling eyes*  That's my hip bone....

She also complains that she can't lean on me anymore because my ribs are 'too bony'

Doesn't stop her from feeling my chest though :wink:
    42andatowelTenneeAngelineNeverSleptOnTheCouch