She's hot and she's cold...

monkeydogmonkeydog KansasSilver Member Posts: 415
edited December 16 in Married Life
Over the last few months, I am seeing a pattern of hot and cold from Mrs. Monkey.

It's gotten more extreme the last few weeks, with hot and cold from day to day, or even within the same day.

For example, Monday she comes home and gives me a nice hug and kiss. Tuesday, she doesn't even say hello and turns away for a kiss on the cheek, Wednesday she shit tests me, last night I get home late and she initiates affection looks me in the eyes sighs and tells me how much she loves me.

I am handling her moods well by being positive and giving space when she's cold, but frankly it's confusing and a bit exhausting, as I don't know which Mrs. Monkey I am going to get at any given moment.

Anybody else experience this while mapping?

Comments

• MangueMangue FranceMember Posts: 74
    I had this when she was worried about me having a better sex rank than her and fearing i will leaving.
  • monkeydogmonkeydog KansasSilver Member Posts: 415
    Mangue said:
    I had this when she was worried about me having a better sex rank than her and fearing i will leaving.
    She has said a few things over the last few weeks that back up that theory.

I don't think I am there, but I am getting better by the day and she hasn't stepped it up. 

I would say Phase 2 at best.

Probably should prepare for increased fitness and comfort tests, right?
  • MangueMangue FranceMember Posts: 74
    It can be hard and long for her as she need to change her view of you and of the relationship.
    Keep mapping and pay extra attention to comfort test. Fitness test are also more present because she seek to verify if it's a real change but it's the lack of comfort which can be nuclear.
  • NiceguysfinishlastNiceguysfinishlast CaliforniaMember Posts: 10
    I have experienced what you describe personally with the wife. It was called menopause and it can be a real bitch at times. We are past that stage now and only the hot flashes linger on. Good luck!
  • fordsvtfordsvt Canada Eh!Silver Member Posts: 2,300
    I think and know it's a female thing. 
    Women have 1/10 the sex drive men do. Better get used to it @monkeydog.  Kind of normal 

Into Phase 3..

Those Who Dare......Win.   "What gives you fear today...Gives you Strength tomorrow.."

• HowlAtTheMoonHowlAtTheMoon Silver Member Posts: 1,183
    Why do you find it exhausting? If someone's normal mood shifts affect you that much, work on your frame.
    fordsvtDaddyOh
  • monkeydogmonkeydog KansasSilver Member Posts: 415
    edited December 17
    The mood swings are not normal, they are more extreme than usual.

And I don't mean sex. I am used to menopause. This is different.

What I am trying to figure out is if this is something more to this that I should be considering.

My frame is a work in progress. For me it is draining to deal with someone who is lovey dovey one minute and contemptuous the next.

I am being Mr. Cool, but I am only human.
  • fordsvtfordsvt Canada Eh!Silver Member Posts: 2,300
    If she's in menopause then it's lots of hormones jumping all over the place.  Like stated before you must work on Frame and OI too. If she's uptight and pissy that's on her.  Don't let that sort of shit in or affect your day.  OI all the way and be that dude who isn't effected by a shitty response or conversation.  

Into Phase 3..

Those Who Dare......Win.   "What gives you fear today...Gives you Strength tomorrow.."