Closing the Forum on 12-27-16

Comments

• RorschachRorschach "Just ask the axis ..."Silver Member Posts: 1,458
    @Jek - I've bought the Primer for two people. One really could become awesome. Neither have cracked it in over a year and roll their eyes at me when I talk about the concepts. 

You have to want it . . .  That being said, I still buy the products. I have one more recipient in mind. It would come out though. My wife knows I've thought of giving him the book. If he alphad up, they'd know the books came from me!!!!

i pointed a lot of guys from the Nerd Fitness men's group to Athols books and websites. Mostly on deaf ears. Blue pill is STRONG. Also, seem to be a lot of gays on the NF Men's group. They aren't interested in married game. 

Im just saying, buy the books (I like to listen to the videos while mowing or shoveling), but don't expect people to just get it. If you aren't seeking it, seems to be resistance. 

This stuff still gets gets me angry 4+ years later!
    There have been threads on this, and there could be many more. But, whatever, let's remember and praise and be thankful before it all goes poof. Right?
    BlueWolfTenneeSmashmaster
  • telynitelyni Midwest, USASilver Member Posts: 471
    Good morning, @Jek!

I agree that buying the books for other people can be awkward or useless or both. That doesn't stop me from having the books myself and sharing the concepts when it seems appropriate, but it's a lot like sharing one's faith: you just have to be mindful that most people are predisposed to not get it. It's more effective to share certain basic concepts than tossing a book at someone. Then if they really want to know more, well, the resources are available.
    Enneagram type 5w4
    telyni at gmail
    BlueWolfSmashmaster
  • BabyMakes5_dadBabyMakes5_dad USA Member Posts: 375
    Rorschach said:
    @Jek - I've bought the Primer for two people. One really could become awesome. Neither have cracked it in over a year and roll their eyes at me when I talk about the concepts. 

You have to want it . . .  That being said, I still buy the products. I have one more recipient in mind. It would come out though. My wife knows I've thought of giving him the book. If he alphad up, they'd know the books came from me!!!!

i pointed a lot of guys from the Nerd Fitness men's group to Athols books and websites. Mostly on deaf ears. Blue pill is STRONG. Also, seem to be a lot of gays on the NF Men's group. They aren't interested in married game. 

Im just saying, buy the books (I like to listen to the videos while mowing or shoveling), but don't expect people to just get it. If you aren't seeking it, seems to be resistance. 

This stuff still gets gets me angry 4+ years later!
    There have been threads on this, and there could be many more. But, whatever, let's remember and praise and be thankful before it all goes poof. Right?
    I'm beyond an hour, so I can't delete that post. 

I'm VERY grateful to Athol. His work changed everything for me. I'm 100% in agreement that we should buy his content (and I've bought all but the one book about do these pants make my butt look fat). 

I ordered the the book for the other guy today. 

Please delete my last post (just saying - not everyone was open to the gift of Athol in my experience - but I'm all for donating it to local libraries etc). 
    TenneeWinterAngelineBlueWolf
  • TenneeTennee Next Stop: AwesomevilleSilver Member Posts: 5,963
    edited December 23
    @Persephone   Perse!!!  Where the hell have you been?!?!?  Don't answer here - kindly give us all an update before the curtain call.

Peace - I'll see ya around
    "Fall down seven times, stand up eight"  Japanese Proverb

How will you live well today?
    BlueWolfshibariSmashmaster