Alternatives to MMSL

223552223552 australiaMember Posts: 2
Hi All,

This is certainly not what I thought my first post would be, but it is , what it is.... 

I may speak for few, or many... Can other members recommend similar forums to MMSL???

I discovered MMSL only a month ago, and it gave me hope for rebuilding my life, myself, and my marriage. I wanted to finish the book first, before putting anything up, and in the mean time spent hours reading other peoples stories, and being blown away by how out of touch I was with a lot of things in my life. 

As someone who is only starting on this journey, losing this forum will be a big setback.

I am planning to contact Athol and having some coaching, but I can't call him to vent, or ask a questions, or get some support... So I will need a place similar to MMSL. 

I have contacted Hilda about the group she is starting, but I was knocked back, as its only for regular members of MMSL... 

So if anyone out there have suggestions, please let me know.

Many thanks to Athol for running this forum, and its members for sharing their stories. I wish you all well.

Felix

Comments

• RicoRico ArribaSilver Member Posts: 1,284
    Might want to check out The Marriage Bed ( http://www.boards.themarriagebed.com/ ) and Talk About Marriage ( http://talkaboutmarriage.com/ ).

I don't have much experience with either, other than I know they exist. 

• JustWonderingJustWondering United StatesSilver Member Posts: 35
    The Marriage Bed is NOT Athol-friendly.  I mentioned that I found some good insights through Athol's blog, and the moderators deleted every mention of everything "Athol" from the center of my post.
    AngelineHildaCorners42andatowelTruman
  • HildaCornersHildaCorners Winter? You call *that* winter?Gold Women Posts: 3,377
    @223552, I'm sorry if you feel "knocked back".

The new group is not the place for someone new to MMSL concepts and the MAP. None of us are coaches, none of us are trained at helping you work through your issues. You definitely need that to start the process.

We're just a batch of people who found out we do better with our MAPs when we can share with others, and are accountable to each other. Most of us have been MAPping for a year or more; quite a few have been with the MMSL forum since the beginning.

As I said to you, the best way to start is to read and watch Athol's material, and sign up for coaching.Athol's worst advice is about a thousand times better than any "peer counseling" you'd get in the "refugee camp."

Enneagram 5w4.  I'm researching what that means, before designing t-shirt art about it.

"I feel no shame in making lavish use of the strongest muscles, namely male ones (but my own strongest muscle is dedicated to the service of men - noblesse oblige). I don't begrudge men one whit of their natural advantages as long as they respect mine. I am not an unhappy pseudomale; I am female and like it that way." RAH
  • MongrelMongrel Pennsylvania, USASilver Member Posts: 1,869
    This is an outlier, but my motorcycle forum started a RP thread about two years ago and it has an incredible 2700 posts! There is some amazing knowledge in it but it runs the spectrum from MMSL to RP to MGTOW.

You probably should have an interest in bikes to understand the lingo and you have to be a member to find the thread (called Geezer and the RP) but its on ADVrider.com. Non-members can't see the area its posted in.
    "If you're not happy with your life, you've got to identify why, and do something about it." -- Mandrill
    "Treating her like a princess didn't make me a prince, it made me a servant."
    Link to triage questions:  http://marriedmansexlife.com/triage-your-relationship-and-the-911-er-category/

Angeline
  • JustWonderingJustWondering United StatesSilver Member Posts: 35
    Corey Allen of sexy marriage radio is how I found MMSL in the first place.
    AngelineTenneeHowlAtTheMoonBabyMakes5_dad
  • 223552223552 australiaMember Posts: 2
    Thank you everyone who have replied, I appreciate your advice.
    Will check out the "sexy marriage radio". I have also started listening to "Beige philip show" and that has been hugely helpful (though may not appeal to everyone...), as well as very entertaining!